A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ooh my lovelies, my pretties... a lot of new jewelry [img heavy]  (Read 6553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2007 04:06:53 PM »

here are some of my newer shiny happy creations. I apologise for the horrible photos in advance.

this looong necklace is probably my ultimate favourite, ever. how I love it so. made from black faceted glass beads and a whole bunch of crazy bracelets they had for cheap at Micheal's, disassembled.

crappy close-up.

this necklace is another one of my absolute favourites. an ornate key, with mini (functional!) handcuffs attached, on a chain with black ribbon woven into it.

this necklace speaks for itself. it's so freakin cool. I love it. random chains, beads and charms harvested from various pieces of jewelry. behold my frankenstein.

a necklace made from a lonely vintage earring and a random chain. with a dangly bead, just for fun.

these were thrifted earrings, they were essentially the same except instead of the cool splattery gray beads, there were bright orange ones.. ick. I replaced all the orange with the gray, left the black beads alone, and made the bottom part longer.

I personally wouldn't wear these, but they're kinda cute, right? these began their lives as huge vintage heart studs. I made holes and added the bottom part.

this photo is horrible too.. these were originally hanging off a necklace, I just took them off, attached them and re-positioned the beads. the white ones are actually faceted and look pretty cool, and the pearls are just pearls (not real ones of course).

these are just random. the huge pink charms were on a kid's hairtie, but I thought they were too cool to rot in a thrift store, so earrings they shall be!

these are also made from thrifted earrings, originally they were just the stud parts. it was kinda challenging, but I figured out a way to make the beads and the chains hang right. the earrings came with a larger but identical pin.

I'm not sure if I've posted these before, so just in case, I'll do it now. all of the buttons are checkered, some are just flipped over.

these started out as a completely different pair of earrings, with three rings of decreasing size hanging inside each other. I took them apart and connected the 2 smaller circles, and used wire and beads to change them to something more my style. the only downside is they're heavy. but hey, the price we pay for fashion...

last but not least, I've had this dried flower pendant forever and never knew what to do with it. so I just put it on some hemp and added a few complementary beads.

what do you guys think?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 04:30:56 PM »

i think of them are lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thirteenleafclover
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 04:33:46 PM »

i LOVE the black heart studs. Where did you get the black and white rhinestone chain? (I think that's what it is...) I'd love to get my hands on some of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bridges and houses are learning to fly secretly so we won't know why. and good for them!

http://www.thirteenleafclover.etsy.com
life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 05:18:07 PM »

thanks!

thirteenleafclover, the rhinestone chain was part of a pair of earrings that I'd never think of wearing... I think they were from Claire's. sorry I couldn't be of more help  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
looah77
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 06:52:31 PM »

Ahh! You're amazing! Everything is so amazing! (can you tell I love the word 'amazing'?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Impybat
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007 06:05:12 AM »

Wow, very cool! I love stars/hearts and anything black and white.  Eventually I have to post some of my work up here, when time permits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Introducing Boneyard Baubles, a cemetery-inspired collection of grim and dreadful delights, on impybat.etsy.com!

Groovy Vinyl on Etsy

Impybat on Etsy [/url
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007 11:15:39 PM »

wow you've been a productive machine lately huh? I lovve them all but especially the black and white necklace! Great job on them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tree27
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007 05:44:17 AM »

wow, all of you stuff is great! now i'm inspired to go dig though my boxes of vintage jewelry  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
summer_lover
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007 02:38:49 PM »

oooooooooh i love the black heart studs with the b&w diamant

they are my favs Cheesy i would love to have a pair of them!

sl x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VISIT www.myspace.com/morsbags OR www.morsbags.com for more information on helping rid the world of plastic shopping bags - make your own environmentally friendly bag!
tlwebster
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007 03:00:33 PM »

I would definately wear all of them.  The firt one is my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Bridge Tools
How to Give Instance Names to Symbols in Flash
How to Create Menus for Your Games in Flash
How to Add a Foggy Effect to Your Images
A Photoshop Introduction
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...