A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Wishlist February  (Read 6917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shooting star
« on: February 01, 2007 11:32:32 AM »

THIS IS THE 2007 WISHLIST FEBRUARY SWAP, YOU
MUST PICK SOMEONE AND PM ME TO JOIN

Swap name: 2007 Wishlist February
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  shooting star
Craftster member who is the backup organizer for this swap: Dulcinea
Sign-up date range: This swap lasts from 02/01/07-02/31/07
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 4 weeks of picking a partner-- the longer crafting time is so you can make bigger items
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No WAY!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages.  If you are under 18 be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (you’ll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

"Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO, I'm not organizing more than three swaps now.
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES (details shown below)

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that
every participant meets these conditions: YES
All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

DETAILS:
This is a wishlist swap;  post a list and you may receive it!   Your list will need to consist of where you are from (it's okay to just put your state and/or country), crafted items that you would like (it helps greatly to include links to photographs, tutorials, etc.) and/or crafting supplies.

First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted.  You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire,
I will tell you that you can post a list.

BASICS:
- to be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- there must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- you can be picked as many times as you have items on your list
- if you have been picked 3 times, you have to pick one other person to craft for, then you can picked more...
- this swap starts fresh each month, so if you weren't picked from a previous round, you can post your list up in this round (after you've PMed me and been given approval)

- please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number when sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive
- you can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list and thank the person sending the item to you.

Example:
Person B wants to have their list posted so they PM the organizer with their questionnaire answers, and what they want to craft from Person A’s list.  The organizer will then PM person B, give them person A’s address, then they can then post their list.

Person C wants to have a list up, so they choose from A OR B, PM the organizer their answers, the name of the person they want to craft for, and what they’re going to craft.   Then they wait until the organizer approves them and sends them the address of whom they have picked.  Then they can post their list.

Say person A has been chosen 3 times. For them to be picked more, they have to pick one more person to craft for. 
The organizer (me) will let you know when you need to pick someone else if you want to receive more items.

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THIS ORGANIZER
*If you are going to be away from your postal service, you need to have a third party pick up your package and alert the organizer (me).
*Please don't PM me with your estimated date of sendout.  PM me after you have actually sent the package.
*If you have aversions to animal products or you have allergies that you feel need to be addressed, please include that in your introduction when you post your list (this isn't for me, it's for those who are crafting for you!).
*If you or your roommates smoke, please launder your crafts if possible or air-freshen them before sending.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE

(Please make the title of your PM the name of the swap)

Name of swap: 2007 Wishlist February
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and mailing address:
Who you pick:
What you are making:

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153097.0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007 05:09:49 AM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
shooting star
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 11:36:45 AM »

no feedback entered YET
positive feedback

Number of wishes granted by them  /  Number of times they have been picked for wishes

Craftsters taking part

Odri 0/ 1 - free list
shiitake 0/ 2 - free list
bailliesbagsbaubles 1/ 2 - free list
DragonRhapsody 1/ 1
LaughingLark 1/ 2
kitschkween 1/ 1
Silver Ilix 1/ 2
Bigmouth 2/ 1
Elphalba 1/ 2 - free list
onthinice 1/ 0
Kurtzie 2/ 1
teraspawn 1/ 1
AsphaltQueen 1/ 1
shooting star 1/ 1
dntysgrplm 2/ 0
Banga 1/ 0
Happychick 1/ 1
ikisstrekkies 1/ 1 = (temporarily) negative
stellato_escuro 1/ 0

Angel

zombiekilla

craftsters that have yet to be picked

onthinice
dntysgrplm
Banga
stellato_escuro

Craftsters that MUST craft for someone else to be picked again

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 06:23:58 PM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

shooting star
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 11:37:35 AM »

Crafters and Send-Out Dates

Shipped
Shipped and Received
Late, with communication
Late, no communication
Send By.....

3rd March
DragonRhapsody-->Odri for a wist item
LaughingLark-->bailliesbagsbaubles earrings and wist item
kitschkween-->DragonRhapsody for amigurumi and phone charm
Silver Ilix-->kitschkween for knitting needle roll

4th March
Bigmouth-->LaughingLark for resin and sequin fridge magnets

8th March
onthinice-->Elphalba for beaded art doll necklace

9th March
Kurtzie-->bailliesbagsbaubles for black and white scarf
teraspawn-->Elphalba for wish surprise
bailliesbagsbaubles-->teraspawn for fabric

10th March
AsphaltQueen-->shiitake for pincushion (and custom pins) and chocolate

12th March
Elphalba-->bigmouth for craft supplies

13th March
Bigmouth-->Silver Ilix for decorated shirt

14th March
shooting star-->Silver Ilix for an amigurumi pal

17th March
dntysgrplm-->Kurtzie for crocheted Calorimetry
dntysgrplm-->LaughingLark for bugle beads and e-beads
Banga-->AsphaltQueen for wisty surprise

20th March
Happychick-->shooting star for crochet hook roll
ikisstrekkies-->shiitake for chocolate, tea and sewing supplies

21st March
Kurtzie-->Happychick for ATCs

25th March
stellato_escuro-->ikisstrekkies for tote

Angel
zombiekilla-->shiitake got chocolate, tea and sewing supplies
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 06:23:02 PM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 11:49:17 AM »

Thanks for approving me shooting star. 

My name is Andrea and I am 31.  I am an Texan living in Germany, I am a SAHM of 2 kids 3 and 6.  I love sewing and I focus all my craftiness there.  I have no allergies, but my son is allergic to nuts. 

My favorites:  My favorite color is purple, but don't wear alot of it, wear alot of neutrals.  I am very patriotic, like tigger and winnie the pooh, cows are ok and I am doing my dining area and kitchen in a wine and grape motif.  My BR is americana. 

Note:  I live in Germany, but can recieve German post and American Post.  American post gets to me in about 1 week if sent via first class or priority, all other mail types can take 4 to 6 weeks. 

Wishs:
Supplies: 
I love fabric, I am addicted.  I can't find any decorator type fabrics that I like over here and I am also looking for fun fur.  Nothing with skulls or anything like that please.  I am also looking for cat fabric in black and white or shades gray.  Or any pretty dragonfly fabric.  ** I Just bought some fabric to make a diaper bag and I am in need of some cotton denim to use with it.

I love to trim my purses, so any type of trims is awesome, eyelash trims, rick rack, grosgrain ribbon and my new love eyelash rope trim.

Different Buttons

purse making supplies:  The rings for handles, closures (I already have magnetic snaps), purse feet,  and anything else my purses might need.

6 x 6 squares to make my daughter a rag quilt (think pink)

Beads to make decos for my purses

Jewlery:
I love it, especially bracelets and earrings(nothing to big, I prefere simple) and I prefer silver or silver and gold mix.  (earrings from laughinglark, thank you)

I do like this ring http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=343495

Crochet:
I could use a scarf to match my new black and white hat (thank you Kurtzie)

I also like these headbands for my dd (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=391781) and she is girly and loves pink

oh and I saw the cutest Hello Kitty the other day, I will have to find the link it is my wist now

Advertising:
1 inch buttons and magnets with my etsy store on it

Labels for my purses (Shrinky dink or fabric)

or a suprise from my wist, www.wists.com/bagsbaubles(thanks for the suprise laughinglark)
Thank you in Advance to whomever chooses me..... 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 10:37:36 AM by Bailliesbagsbaubles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Odri
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 12:59:07 PM »

Hi! I'm Audrey, a 17 year old girl from Montreal, Canada. I love arts: I paint, I draw, I make jewelry and I took photography classes for 3 years. I also love to cook and bake.  I like anything related to Japan and I'm a hugeeee horror movie fan. I'm a girly girl, I like pastels but I don't like purple, black and orange.  Bah...I guess that's about it ^_^

Crafted:
-A scarf like the one with the deer: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116036.0
-Jewelry (I like girly stuff and silver findings)
-Homemade bath and body goodies (I like flowery scents and I have dry sensitive skin)
-A shrug like this but in white: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136027.0

Supplies:
-A microscope pendant DIY kit
-Soap making supplies (I need citric acid, beeswax, cocoa and shea butter, scents...etc)

Misc:
-Anything related to my favorite mangas: Nana and Sailor Moon
-Something from my wists http://www.wists.com/Odri Thanks DragonRhapsody!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007 11:04:03 AM by Odri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shiitake
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007 11:49:45 PM »

Hello there.I'm almost 21 year old girl from Finland and I study textile design. I like dada,kitsch,retro,vintage and all funky and nice.Favourite colours are black,white,green,pink but I like almost all colours though.Not grey,blue or beige.I like to print fabric,draw,paint,sew and do all kind of crafts.
So,here's the list!

- - -   art supplies like brushes,pens,paints,everything you have in mind
- - - tote bag - can be simply,but I would like it to have some kind of print,maybe you can stencil or silk screen something on it?
- - - fabric (not scraps please) ,check my wist to see what kind of patterns I like
- - - anything related to Mexico
- - - sewing supplies like zippers,thread,needles
- - - cute pincushion! I really need it Thank you AsphaltQueen   for this and chocolate!
- - - tea - I would love herbal/green/white tea.
- - - chocolate Smiley No dark chocolate. Thanks in advance for ikisstrekkies for tea,art supplies and chocolate!!
- - - anything from my wists

Thanks in advance if someone picks me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007 05:26:07 AM by shiitake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007 02:02:04 PM »

Ohayoo minna-san! My name is Stephanie, I'm 23 years old, living in Vancouver, BC! I am currently in school, learning Japanese and also getting into a private college for a Nursing Unit Clerk program. I love anything that is purple, hot-pink, teal, turquoise, rainbow or sparkly.
I love bunnies {esp. Japanese styled bunnies}, skulls, wings/feathers, stripes and anything punk/rock.

This is my very shortened list, because we all know that puppies don't send well through the mail! XD
Cellphone charms {Thank you Kitschkween!}
Amigurumi anything {bunnies are very appreciated! XD} {Thank you Kitschkween, again!}
Beady things, like stitch markers or charms or....beady things....LOL
Anything Japanese/Chinese/Asian - esp. Sailormoon! LOL
Knitting Needle Roll {circular needle roll is uber appreciated!}
Messenger and/or Tote Bag! Something big enough to hold school books, knitting/crocheting and a lunch!
Pin Cushion - I have no preference for the type or style! <3
All Natural Soap {I have allergies to heavy chemical smelling soaps - I'm good with essencial oil perfumes!}
And last but not least, I would love a pair of some needle-nose pliers, something I can use for small wire-projects! XD

I am very excitable. Garunteed love from me when given anything! XD So thank you in advance! <3
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007 08:39:25 PM by DragonRhapsody » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007 09:18:01 AM »

Hi there! I'm Kristin, in Missouri. I'm a 43 year old mom of three boys.

Here's my list:

Stuff to craft:
(Added a couple things) Wink

MY NEW BIGGEST WISH!! I need a swap journal! Badly! It would be so much easier to keep track of my partner's likes/dislikes with a journal. Every time I really want to check something about my partners lately, Craftster is down for maintenence. Bites nails! Cheesy I need to write these things down in one place, when I first see them.  Cheesy

If you like to collage things, I'm jumping back on the FlyLady bandwagon, and need a 2'' binder to keep my control journal stuff in. Vintage-looking cleaning ads and/or recipe pictures a la James Lileks "gallery of regrettable foods" mixed in the collage would be AWESOME!
http://www.flylady.net/pages/cjmain.asp
http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

I love koi, and would like something koi-themed to decorate my home. Or koi fabric. XLadyLuckx sent me a beautiful etched glass bottle and some gorgeous fabric in an earlier swap, and everything was awesome! I'm starting a craftster koi collection.  Grin 

Something for my husband to throw his keys and ID badge into when he comes home from work. I'm trying to get him to keep them in one place, so he does not have to hunt for them.   Maybe a small, shallow tray of some kind? He loves old-time Chicago blues, so maybe decorate it with a blues-themed collage?   Cheesy

A fused glass pendant.

Resin and sequin pendants or fridge magnets! I love the look of these, but since I have athsma, I'm afraid to try making my own. I hear there are fumes involved. Thank you, Bigmouth! I love them!!

I need a warm hat, in shades of blue or green (or both). I cannot wear wool, so it would have to be knit/crocheted with acrylic yarn. Yarn and I do not craft well together, so I would really appreciate this!  TheSickRose is making this for me in another swap! Thank you! Cheesy

I am trying to change a lot of things about myself right nowget back on track with my diet, get organized, learn new things, and tackle some old goals of mine. Soooo maybe a pretty drawstring bag full of quotes that motivate, on slips of paper?  I can reach in the bag each morning and pull out a random inspiring thought to ponder. AmaZing is making this for me in another swap!   Kiss

Craft supplies:

Bits of interesting fabrics for making Omiyage and small patchwork projects. I love jewel tones and oriental themes. Small scraps are fine, as my projects are almost always small.

If you are de-stashing beads:
Bugle beads! Any size, any color, any amount! I will be using them to make the legs of beaded bugs, among other things.

E-beads! Again, any color.
Thank you,dntysgrplm!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Glass or plastic pearls of any size or color. Especially bigger ones (8-14 mm), but I can use anything, really!

Grin Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!  Grin

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007 06:51:23 AM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007 09:54:35 AM »

my name is marissa and i'm a bay area girl currently livng in the south. i'm a SAHM of a 5 month old boy and 4 year old girl. i love all things kawaii (cute) and asian. i love ninjas, robots, pandas, pucca, sailor moon, sanrio, argyle, japanese street fashion, san francisco, music and the 80s. Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

*birdsnest wire ring (size 5) like thishttp://images.etsy.com/all_images/4/41d/d2e/il_430xN.759091.jpg or this http://images.etsy.com/all_images/3/3b0/fcd/il_430xN.5787838.jpg

*rosary pliers

*awesome pix or paintings of san francisco... the less touristy ones, and more what locals would appreciate (easy on the gg bridge & cable cars)

*anything argyle

*skull or ninja pincushion

*sake or tea set

*a 1984 coin from any country with a hole in it to make a pendant

*a messenger bag with lots of compartments black, brown or army green

*a dress like this in emerald green or yellow http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=623487

*a button maker/press

*yarn cutter pendant- it looks like a ninja star

*noro yarn

*handspun/painted yarn

*16" circular needles

*amigurumi books

*japanese super long loose socks (150cm) like these:http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p155/kitschkween/th_120.jpg

*all in one needle roll-thanks silver ilix!

*anything inspired by my wists

*gothic and lolita bible magazine (with patterns)

*suprise me!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007 02:32:01 PM by kitschkween » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007 03:09:00 PM »

Yay! Round two for the year! I hope this will help.
Hi there, I am 28, live in (beautiful) British Columbia, Canada. I just started swapping and I love the wishlists! Cheesy So a few things about me, I love stars, skulls, giraffes, zombies, monsters and art deco/neauveau style things. I like pinups, retro or vintage stlyes(30- 59) and hot rods.
 Let me see, colour preferences include blue, purple, black and silver/grey shades. I do like pretty much all jewel tones, I'm not much of a pastel gal though...............too fair skinned. Wink
I can't wait to swap! I love making other people smile, even from far away! I also love seeing what people make the best, or how they interpret what I have asked for! It seems to always come out nice, but I would never have thought of it! Cheesy LOL
 So here is my list......

1. A stuffie or amigurumi little pal. I would love a giraffe to add to my collection, but honestly I am up for whatever you make best!YAY!!!! thank you shooting star! you are the best! Cheesy

2. Spinning supplies of any kind, I am trying to get into it and I have a drop spindle coming, but I have been told that one needs to try different weghts and fibers........Cheesy

3. Handspun! I love it!

4. Natural soaps, I love them, but have no time to expand to another hobby. oh well Tongue

5. Messenger bag! I see that this is a popular item! I just need it to be sturdy enough to last a season of landcsaping! LOL

6. A book of swap...........I have seen a few of these floating around, and thought one may be fun, so I can keep track of what I gave and what I received. Design is up to you!

7. A fabric covered binder............. or a cover for a binder! I don't know if sending the binder is logical. You're prefrence. I need to have zippered pockets front and back, and maybe a few page covers........... I want to have a new project book. This was my idea but, as I said, feel free to embleish! Cheesy

8. Fantastic yarn, unusual fiber prefered.

9. I like quilted wall hangings, I don't quilt, this is a issue for me. LOL Cheesy
I love this one! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=95757.0
ooooo or this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144757.0

10. Shirts that are silkscreened or decorated by hand. I wear a large by preference, but I like the shorter tops, so Iguess a junior X-large is better! LOL Cheesy Thank you Bigmouth! I am super excited to see it!

*edit* 11. I almost forgot! Knitscene magazine(s) I can't find them here!!! Sad and I really love the last one and the one out soon looks so good..........I hope I can find that one!got it! thanks Julia)  I would love it, or even your used copy of Fall 2006 (I really like the Central Park Hoodie!) http://www.knitscene.com/
Thanks, I look forward to playing with you! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007 07:56:20 PM by Silver Ilix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Capital Calligraphy Letters - A Through D
How to Draw the Capital Calligraphy Letters - E Through J
How to Draw the Capital Calligraphy Letters - K Through N
How to Draw the Capital Calligraphy Letters - O Through Z
How to Draw Calligraphy Flourishes - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...