A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,453
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter 7 (and movie 5) release party costumes?  (Read 1312 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2007 06:23:22 AM »

Well, we have a date for HP7 now  ( Grin Grin Grin ), so...  What are y'all making to wear?  I think I'm going as McGonnagal, since I'd look pretty stupid as Snape.  lol  I thought about Umbridge, but I'm a bit too short and squat to be comfortable with that.  I'm going to wear a black dress and make a robe.  But then I have a sweet Slytherin scarf that Cotneyroo made for me, maybe I'll go as ye old random Slytherin. 

How about you guys?  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 06:25:59 AM »

I've been told that I look like Hermione, so Hermione it is! Cheesy
Although... It'll be at least a month after the "official" release date before book or movie is released in my little town. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
kahluakiggy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 07:20:19 AM »

Our movie theater ($4 at all times!!  I love it!)  usually gets movies a few weeks late, but they tend to bring in the huge releases the first day.  They're good like that.  Smiley  It's part of a big(ger) chain in Maine, NH, and Mass, and as far as I know, it's the only discount theater that they run.

Unfortunately, I'll probably end up driving an hour to get to a somewhat decent book party.  (I have to - I promised my son I'd take him!)  Or I could drive 3 hours to Boston and go to a good one.  lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Kalete
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 07:54:39 AM »

My fiance and I have been to all the release parties since 2004 (when we got together) so we'll definitely be going.. it's just a matter of whether I can get him in costume or not. 
I'm thinking maybe ye old random Slytherin as well.. A shame there's really very few main female characters.  Maybe I can get the boy to dress up as Lupin. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Happychick
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007 07:43:25 AM »

If i can find someone to go with me, it'll have to be luna ^__^ I've been dying to make radish earrings for so long...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007 07:56:05 AM »

I may break out the Tonks costume I wore for Haloween. Or I do have most of the makings of a Gryffindor student. So I could do either for the movie, but the book release is another thing entirely, because my cousin is getting married on the 20th of July, so no party for me, but I will probally leaving the wedding to get my book at midnight! How funny if I went to the wedding reception in my costume!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007 05:50:17 PM »

^ You should.  Think about it: There you are, at your cousin's wedding, all decked out in a beautiful blue floor-length gown, heels, jewelry, makeup, updo... and a Gryffindor house scarf.   Tongue Grin  (Or the house scarf of your choice.  Maybe Ravenclaw would go better with a blue dress.)

I haven't been to any of the book releases, but I've been toying with the idea of knitting up a nice warm Gryffindor house scarf... to wear to the book release... in July... uh, maybe not Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007 12:55:37 AM »

You guys are lucky you can go to the book release partys and all of that. We dont do that where i live  Sad. People will stand outside wallmart for the book, but no one will dress up or anything same thing for the movies. Plus my fiance wont go with me. Undecided     I guess i am just doomed lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007 05:51:59 AM »

I haven't decided exactly which costume I am going with yet.  I get to put on a Book Release party this year!!!!!!!!!  Our college bookstore and my student activities area are going in together on a party and the book.  I get to decorate and do activities and everything!  My daughter will go as Hermione and I may have to do a random Slytherin.  I have all the Slytherin stuff and get a grad robe, the honors ones have the cool sleeves Wink, I even have SNAPE's wand that I've been dying to take out and use.hee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kahluakiggy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007 05:47:32 PM »

***totally jealous...***  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
How To Rock The Heidi Roll Style This Spring
How To Make A Beaded Wedding Hair Accessory
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...