A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Product of Too much English and an Unhealthy Crafting Love… (a.k.a. flats)  (Read 8707 times)
Tags for this thread: converse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweet fancy moses

Jeff don't wear regular shoes.

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2007 07:24:56 PM »

I made these shoes a little while back, in a land far, far away: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=104939.msg998134  
(I know, a re-craft of a previous craft! Gasp! The blasphemy! Please, bear with me.)

From atrociously awkward and extremely unwearable 80s witch heels to semi-decent flats.

Well, the rain and my shoes had a little argument. Little did I know that the cheap eighties shoe dye didn’t appreciate the elements of nature. The shoes cried*, leaving terrible splotches of dye running everywhere. They paled and became splotchy. Again, back to unwearable. (*Cue violin music*) The circle of life.

*Just a side note, my shoes are not emotional and don’t really cry. Unless you think they do. Then… okay. Sure.

Back to my story.
After my initial short-lived depression, it was like I had just seen the Bat signal. Time to do what I had to. In a citizenly way, I grabbed my acrylic paints and a sharpie. God bless the sharpie for not quitting me.
Half hour, some black elastic, and a bouncy ska CD later, I produced my piano shoes.
My inspiration? An old man who stood in line in front of me at Albertsons yesterday was the spitting image of Beethoven. (Unrelated, but he was buying eight gallons of ice cream and was wearing Converse. I thought that was a little weird, but undoubtedly awesome.) However, needless to say, I had pianos on the brain ever since.

And as for the long narrative, please blame my creative writing class and my stifling teacher. And me. And if you didn’t read it and skipped to the pictures, you’re probably happy you didn’t, now that I’m writing about my writing (if you‘re even reading this). If you did: I’m really touched. I owe you some freshly baked cookies or something along that line.

I would love some opinions, criticisms, compliments, lunch orders, etc. Whatever boats your float.

Thanks for putting up with me today. Off to naptime!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009 05:59:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think vintage soup with extra noodles.
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007 07:35:58 PM »

I adore the shoes and I'm ready for my cookies.  I'll bring the milk!  Smiley  Great story, like a bedtime story. Whew!  I'm sleepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliebelly123
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007 07:54:31 PM »

Wow, great shoes!!!!! so cute! Cheesy That was a great little story too!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
cestlavie12

I'd rather sink-- than call Brad for help!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 11:51:58 AM »

wow....fabulous shoes. I love the colors, the bows, the piano design....everything.  and I love little rambling stories like that, they make my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
JennAviv
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 08:39:10 PM »

They went from fugly to cute to adorable!  Great job!  And yay for 'Beethoven' wearing Chucks and buying ice cream!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Breakaway
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007 02:29:28 PM »

you shoes and story are great. you are so hilarious! yay for funny. please write more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyPirateGirl

The Craftsters made me do it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007 02:35:07 PM »

Excellent shoes....excellent post......just.....excellent.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting apparel and gifts at www.CraftingShirts.com

You can see the rest of my web-based work at www.OuterMonologue.com and www.PiratesCloset.com.

*** Out of pocket for a while to move into our new house!  I'll try to check in periodically. : )  Ciao! ***
*knitasaurous

OMG.A giant sheet of styrofoam is going to eat me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007 03:55:15 PM »

Dude. Those are too awesome for words! I love the background color of the keys. how'd you do that? paint?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bad podcaster, no cookie!

knitasaurous= the knitting dinosaur that will eat you for calling it a grandma
.awestruckamature.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007 08:47:30 PM »

<33 those are wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilbandade
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007 08:12:40 PM »

so umm... what size are those suckers?
*preys they are a size 10/11 and steals them*

those are seriously amazing.
i even like how it isnt like "WHITE!!!!" (that is a violent white just so you know) but it is kind of like "i can be white and blueish at the same time"

i like them.
alot.

the only thing i kind of dont like is the bow now appears to have black splotches on it. i think it would look better all black or all blue. maybe white with black polkadots even. and the elastic look kind of odd. that is probably one of those things where it looks good when it is actually on but the elastic looks limp with nothing holding it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
How to Make a Two Colored Bow
How to Make a Gift Personal
How to Tie Bows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...