A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tips for conquering crafter ADD?  (Read 401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyTwilyte
The Geek

Who wants to sleep with the fishes?

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2007 07:15:55 PM »

I crochet a lot and I can't seem to stay on 1 project! I have sooo many crochet projects and some sewing projects just laying around catching dust! Anyone have any tips on getting rid of crafter ADD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

My current craft project: crochet domokun doll.
sharonan
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007 10:35:39 AM »

I have found that if I have a way of logging my ideas for future projects, I can stay on track with the current ones more easily.  In the past, I think that I would start something new otherwise I would run the risk of losing the idea.  Now I have idea books for my crafts.  Then, I focus on one item I'm doing in each type of craft - knitting, sewing, handbag design....that way I have choice - knitting while watching TV or taking when I go visiting, sewing when I have the time to sit down and spend some time.  And last - I don't get feeling guilty...we craft for fun!  Wouldn't it worse to be bored?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
POSEYSWHIMS
POSEY

I'm not WEIRD!! I'm GIFTED!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007 11:01:51 AM »

start with small projects, one's that go quickly. take one unfinished project, put it in your car and take it with you were ever you go. Dr's offices, meetings, places where you have time to kill. and stick to it till its done. have another one that you do while watching TV, or talking on the phone, (in the house). this helps to stave off the boredom & monotony and helps you to finish. you'll feel good when you start to see all the "fires" you've started, slowly be put out. i have added and this definitely helps to get through projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are all apprentices in a craft  where no one ever becomes a master          Ernest Hemingway
We travel together, passengers on a little spaceship, Preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work and the love we give our fragile craft.                Adlai E. Stevenson
divadiver
Frugal Renovation Expert Extraordinaire

Blogalicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 02:34:25 PM »

ditto what the other posters said!  i tend to start a project because i'm so afraid that i'll forget the idea lol!  anyhow - once i've written it down / sketched it / etc... in a place i know i wont forget, i can focus on what i have going on right then, project wise! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007 03:38:59 PM »

I need to have a deadline- one that is absolute- to make sure that i get a project started and finished in my lifetime!

I have a major case of craft ADD- and this site just feeds into my condition!  Cheesy

But, I am working on a tentative plan...I need to get my craft room done so I can actually see EVERYTHING I have and then use it...I will try not to buy any new craft stuff until I have completed projects that I already have (I recently completed a project that I started 30 YEARS AGO as a girl scout!)...

Maybe putting a restriction on your purchases until you finish a project (1 project finished= 1 purchase of a craft item) can help you focus! Hmmm....maybe I should try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007 06:25:14 AM »

Make something just for you. I worked on a sweater that took a month of knitting every spare second. And I was thrilled when I got done. Now I just can't figure out what to do next Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ALEXANDEREPAIR
How to Start a Nature Journal
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...