A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Babies and Kids Craftalong?  (Read 8030 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007 03:43:08 AM »

I can't knit or crochet, or thread a sewing machine however, so everything has to be handstitched.

OMG! I thought I was the only one that had to dh thread my serger! Smiley snickers Smiley I would love to join in Smiley Am I too late? I just finished 2 items that would qualify for thw feb/march Smiley

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007 06:47:43 AM by diannab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
Giff
Your Personal Penguin

Who Will Comfort Toffle?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007 03:56:21 AM »

Am I allowed to post projects that I'm also posting in the colour craft-along?  Pretty much all my crafting is for babies and  children...mine and other peoples!

I don't mind if you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog!!
diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007 06:51:30 AM »

Giff.... am I too late to join in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
nemejia
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007 10:30:52 AM »

Did I mention I'm new to crafster? I think there are so many great tutorials and inspirations around here  Grin

Here's another dress I made.

Here's a close up of the kanzashi flower pin

I can't decide how I want to attach the straps to the dress. 2 straight up and over, 2 criss-crossed, or a "v" strap like a halter top. What do you think? This is for my daughter and it probably won't fit until she is 1. Then as she grows the length will get shorter and eventually fit as a top. Oh yeah I forgot to add it in the picture but there is an optional sash the same color material as the flower. Opinions please!!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giff
Your Personal Penguin

Who Will Comfort Toffle?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007 01:03:58 AM »

Giff.... am I too late to join in?

Not at all, Dianna! The more the merrier!

Nemejia, I think I'd go the 2 straight up and over - it's a bit more of a classic style and won't date the garmet so much. I have to say, your embroidery is gorgeous! She is a lucky little girl to have such a clever mummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog!!
nemejia
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2007 05:46:58 AM »

Nemejia, I think I'd go the 2 straight up and over - it's a bit more of a classic style and won't date the garmet so much. I have to say, your embroidery is gorgeous! She is a lucky little girl to have such a clever mummy.

Oh I don't have the patience for hand embroidery. I've tried but the unfinished projects show it's not my thing! The dress was made with a vintage pillowcase. A new twist on the "pillowcase dress!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pearlsgirl

lock them in the cellar and feed them pins

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007 04:45:22 AM »

Clever! I love it!

Oh I don't have the patience for hand embroidery. I've tried but the unfinished projects show it's not my thing! The dress was made with a vintage pillowcase. A new twist on the "pillowcase dress!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brencpa
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007 12:08:10 PM »

I also want to get in on this--great idea.  I have 2 grandsons ages 2 months and 2 1/2 years with a third one coming in June.  I love the tag cube--did you put anything inside that jingles or makes noise?  That is a must do project--how big is the block?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pearlsgirl

lock them in the cellar and feed them pins

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2007 01:43:35 PM »

I also want to get in on this--great idea.  I have 2 grandsons ages 2 months and 2 1/2 years with a third one coming in June.  I love the tag cube--did you put anything inside that jingles or makes noise?  That is a must do project--how big is the block?

Thanks!!

I didn't put a jingle in, but would have if I had had one to hand!  The block is about 5.5 inches - 6 inch squares with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.  I used embroidered cotton and fleece, but different textured fabrics on each side would be fab, also a little handmade stuffie/toy hanging off one of the ribbon loops would be fun.  I was really pleased with how it turned out and was easier than I thought.  I have just PMed someone with instructions, but could post them if anyone is interested....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
baby-bumblebee
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007 06:27:34 AM »

nemejia - I LOVE that dress it is so cute! I did something sorta like this with a horse pillowcase, dd loves it. Smiley I think your dress screams classic beauty. I would go with the two straps as well. I have found for some reason my girls hate the criss cross in the back, they are forever messing with it.

Also how did you make that flower? I croceht a purse a few weeks ago and it needs that something extra and I would love to put a fabric flower on it. If you do not mind telling me that is. Smiley I know that somethings are top secret. LOL

Ok all off to have my third cup of coffee and then maybe I can get craftying. Smiley

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Collage Poster
How to Make a Sports Collage
How to Create a Picture Collage
How to Learn Tie Dye Techniques
How to Tie Dye a Cotton Bag
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...