Swap name: Not so Kitschy Kitchen Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Craftydeb
Sign-up date range: Jan 31- Feb 10
Date to send item by: March 8
Limited to a certain number of people?: No!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? Yes - under 18 please get parental permission
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:yes
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES Details of swap:
This swap is in two parts
First Recipes You must send your partner at least one recipe from each of these categories: appetizer, soup, salad, side dish, entree, dessert, beverage or a snack optional other categories: breakfast, comfort item, quick and easy lunch, casserole, guilty pleasure etc but we are going after that full course meal here! You can present this in any way you feel fit recipe cards, fridge magnets or a booklet however you want. That is up to you completely. We all love to try new things! Bonus do you have a special local ingredient or cooking item that is local or you make yourself? Please check your customs info to make sure you can send it outside your country!
Second Kitchen goodies You will craft One large item or Two medium items AND a few small items crafted or not
. What constitutes a large, medium or small item: Think of a timeline, a large item is time consuming like a set of 4 placemats or a super cool apron, 2 medium could be a pair of oven mitts - smalls could be potholders, hotpads, coasters or dishcloths things that aren't quite so time and cost intensive. Most of all, communicate with your partner!
This is a pretty big swap so please think ahead on joining. I really dont want to see any flakers on the other hand this will be a fun swap! I am very excited about organizing it!
So to wrap it up Recipes
+ One Large or 2 Medium
+ a few small goodies
= swap requirements
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country?
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
What would you like to receive in this swap?
Anything you don't want to get at all?
Do you prefer Recipe Cards or book or a surprise presentation?
Do you have any food aversions or allergies?
Are you Vegetarian or Omnivore?
Do you have any allergies such as smoke, cats, etc?
Do you smoke or have pets?
Do you want crocheted, knitted, sewn or any and all is great?
Is there something you secretly always wanted for your kitchen but just never got it?
Does your kitchen have a theme?
Favorite or least favorite colors?
Do you have access to a camera for posting/taking pics?
Questions your partner will not see but I will take in to consideration..
Are you planning on spoiling your partner or sticking to the guidelines?
What would you like to make in this swap? Okay, that I know can and probably will change but there might be someone something that you really love to make or want to make...
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE - but please reply here so you can keep updated!
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
I WILL NOT TOLERATE NON COMMUNICATION OR FLAKING! YOU MUST PROVIDE A DC NUMBER WHEN YOU MAIL OUT IF WITHIN THE US. IF NOT, THE CUSTOMS NUMBER OFF THE RECEIPT OR PROOF OF MAIL OUT! COMMUNICATE!
Feedback will be given in the following manner:
1) Positive: Great Swapper, Great communications: there were no problems whatsoever.
2) Positive: Sent Early: obvious
3) Positive: Sent Late with Great Communication: You told me you were going to send late before or on the date of send outs. (i didnt have to hunt you down)
4) Positive: Sent Late with Bad Communication: You didnt tell me you were going to send late until the day after the send outs or after that or i had to hunt you down.
5) Positive: No DCN or Proof of mailout: obvious
6) Positive: Great swapper, problems with communications: you did great swapping but didnt PM me when you mailed out and/or recieved
7) Flaked - gets negative feedback.
1. Craftsters MUST communicate with each other - at least in the beginning to acknowledge their partners, and at the end to reassure them that their packages are on the way. If you think you're having trouble, or are unsure, PM ME!!!
2. Also I need you to PM me when you send your pacakge and when you receive your yours.
3. If you're going to be late in sending, or are having any trouble at all, please let me know.. .. .be nice to your fellow Craftster, and keep them aware of your situation. We all have lives outside of our craftroom and are pretty forgiving!
4. If you've never swapped before, please read the Swaps Info Guide.
5. Please post up pics in the gallery take pics before you send out if you can just in case a.) package lost in transit and b.) your swap partner doesnt have access to a camera. Please let me know ahead of time if you do not have access to a camera. I will try to not put two cameraless people together we all LOVE seeing what everyone gets!
6. Thoughts on shipping - I am a stickler for proof of sending. If you are in the US - you MUST get a dc #. If you are in the US and are sending outside the country - you MUST send me your customs number. If you are outside the US - and you get a customs number send it along but please keep your receipt!! You don't need to scan and send it to me unless it goes MIA which I really hope won't happen during our swap!
7. Have fun with it! Step out of the box and push your creativity!