A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap (round 7!) sign ups closed  (Read 35400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IamSusie
« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2007 10:15:59 AM »

For anyone new to the Sweat Shop.. I really really recommend a minimum of customizing.  I'm realizing that an offering of 10 items is a lot to keep track of because it can end up being around 15 to 18 people to correspond with, not including the organizers. 

Of course nothing beats that daily fun at the mailbox after sendouts!

I totally sympathize with life interruptions, I just sort of wish that I knew about them if that person was one of my partners.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2007 10:46:00 AM »

This was my first sweat shop and it's gone great..but I think IamSusie is totally right, I can see how customizing can become really overwhelming for someone who's craft is time consuming to make and especially if they are involved in other swaps at the same time.

Java thanks for the update. I think you do a great job and there's only so much you can do..u just never know 100% when someone says they are done crafting. Your green system is definately better than nothing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2007 05:42:11 AM »

I agree with Luxie and Susie. I think your system works well Java.
I think if someone has a life issue and cannot send or will be sending late, they should email either Java or someone they are sending to just to let someone know they haven't dropped off the face of the earth (especially if they cant make it to Craftster to PM).
Ex: I was in another swap a while back, and my partner got in a horrible car crash. Her mom finally got on Craftster to let everyone know what had happened. In that case, she was out of crafting for a while, but she still managed to send my package (which she didn't need to do, I easily could have gotten an angel). BUT angels with this swap is A LOT harder than a usual swap.

I know you cannot control all aspects of the swap at signups, but there needs to be a communication and trust factor established in order for things to go smooth, at least this is what I have noticed.
And Java, you have been running this swap for 7 rounds?! And how many flakers have you had? I think with the number of people who participate each round, you do a fabulous job.  Grin

holy cow that was long...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007 05:43:58 AM by Modus Operandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2007 06:20:49 AM »

That's true!  Java has done a wonderful job and I am soooo grateful that she is continuing to run this swap! 
I know you cannot control all aspects of the swap at signups, but there needs to be a communication and trust factor established in order for things to go smooth, at least this is what I have noticed.
True!

Forgive me guys. I was just wigging out a bit because my partner in another swap was MIA.  I just found out that she was in the hospital.  Thankfully she's ok. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2007 04:42:11 PM »

Hey everyone, I have been updating profiles like crazy! Please take a look and see if your profile reflects the appropriate status of the swap! THanks for helping me keep everything running smoothly!
java
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
raina.storms
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2007 10:10:48 PM »

Since I'm redoing and resending my coasters  Sad... I won't be joining round 8. If anyone's still interested in the beaded/charm bracelets or glovelets/wristwarmers, I'm available for a few personal swaps, though. Smiley  I'm still planning to make 5 of each, so if you'd like to see them (and choose a color, etc.) PM me in the next few days. I'll send you a link when I finish them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

« Reply #506 on: March 05, 2007 03:13:49 AM »

i guess i better make those 2 birdsnestlaces that have not arrived., what a pity they went missing.
will pm u girls & java, cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Aarti Sequeira Presents the Basics of Indian Cooking
Marcel Vigneron Explains Molecular Gastronomy
How to Make Dashi
Types of Miso
Korean Cooking for an American Kitchen
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...