A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thermal from Knitty  (Read 67938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jrsloane1

Knit Free or Die

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: December 06, 2007 10:37:59 AM »

yea, it seems weird at first but thats how its done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Truth Is Out There
Kimidawn24
« Reply #441 on: December 06, 2007 03:57:05 PM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pastels_badge
hey
« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2007 10:06:36 AM »

So, I've been working on knitting Thermal for a while and have been reading this thread. I've had this craftster account forever but I've never actually posted before. But I'm finally posting, and I thought I'd say hi. I'm using black Gloss. I'm up to the armholes on the body and have also got a good start on one sleeve (I started it so I'd have some knitting to carry around in my purse that wasn't as big and complicated as the body--I can't knit on something like that at school or in social situations). I added some waist shaping to the body. I'm knitting it to a size where it just barely fits, so hopefully when it's washed it'll have a little ease (since apparently everyone's Thermals that are knit out of Gloss have been expanding a lot when they get blocked). So, um, that's about it. I might post a progress photo later on and I will definitely post a picture when it's finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2007 04:22:03 PM »

yeah it's definitely good to knit smaller with the gloss.... i was so in love with my thermal right off of the needles...but i blocked it and now it just makes me sad... that's why i haven't posted finished pics yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
pastels_badge
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2007 10:15:32 PM »

Aw! I was wondering, because I've been keeping an eye on the thread while working on my sweater and I noticed it had been a while since you said you would probably post photos soon. I'm nervous about how mine will fit when it's done. Like I said, I'm shooting for it to just barely fit and hoping that that will translate into enough ease to be comfortable but not baggy. But goodness knows what will actually happen, and knitting this entire sweater on such small yarn when I don't know how much bigger it might get during blocking is making me a little tense. I'm really sorry you're disappointed with the post-blocking size of your sweater. At least if you share the details on here it will help other people planning to knit Thermal--after all, information from people whose sweaters came out big is the only reason I knew to size down the one I'm knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2007 10:48:12 PM »

yeah i need to get pictures up... but thermal is tucked into a drawer and we're not speaking right now....

Basically i planned for it to grow length wise because that was what most people said had hapenned, well the sleeve grew lengthwise by about 6 inches and width wise by about 4, the body did not lengthen at all but it widened, so now the body is too short and too wide and the neckline is ridiculously low and wide
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
D.I.Winer
« Reply #446 on: December 09, 2007 12:43:41 PM »

Oh, Superstitch - my heart breaks for you! You put so much time & effort into Thermal. Maybe some time apart will be good - who knows, in a month or so you might try it on & it won't be as bad as you thought?

I've finally put the buttons on mine & weaved in all the ends & I'm really, really happy with how it turned out:

I used elan Baby Cashmere - about 18 balls of the stuff. It's *so* soft. This took me 6 months to finish, but I'm glad I soldiered on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2007 01:27:01 PM »

that looks awesome!!! How did you like the baby cashmere? I've been wanting to try it.

My sister is coming home for christmas next weekend and she has made me promise to try on thermal so she can decide if it's really as bad as i think it is, she thinks i'm over exaggerating, so maybe i'll get her to take pictures for me next weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
Unglued Unsewed
« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2007 01:29:23 PM »

I want to knit this so BADDLY!  But I have to wait until after the holidays because of all the chirstmass knitting I have to do. Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!

(And I would trade anything I own plus a part of my soul, heck all of my soul, for some homespun yarn)
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2007 02:46:35 PM »

That looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kitty Cash Mixes Three 6 Mafia with Makeup
Beauty Tips for Looking Younger
A/W 2014 Beauty Essentials
Modern Gothic Makeup Tutorial
Kylie Jenner Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...