A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,323
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thermal from Knitty  (Read 67278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 17, 2007 01:07:26 PM »

man, you're beating me... i'm still in elbow land on the first sleeve
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 17, 2007 01:39:30 PM »

ok i think knitting in the night does not help for the simplest problems.. i am working on the sleeves now and well past the ribbing.. i supposed to make 2 stitches in total in row but after new stitches, the waffle stitch pattern gets off by the new stitches.. so i feel like i am doing something wrong here.. can anyone post a picture or explain how you deal with increases... i feel really stupid now.. Roll Eyes

oh by the way  i realized i misunderstood the twisted rib concept and was doing only r1 , it is too late to correct it but it looks nice anyway Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 17, 2007 02:02:16 PM »

ok so for the sleeve increases... here's what we have   [k] indicates increased knit stitch, imagine the chart below as a tube, where the right and left side meet like they do on your sleeve. Basically you increase at the beginning and end of a knit row, then you purl your row, and then on the next patterned row you do not just k2 p2, you line your pattern up, since you increased by one you need to purl a stitch and then k2 p2, when you get to 2 increases you will p2 and then k2 p2, and so on and on and on, after a couple of increases you'll be able to see the pattern emerging from the increases and it will all make sense

p kkppkkppkkppkkpp k 
 p ppppppppppppppp p
[k]kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk[k]
   kkppkkppkkppkkpp
   kkppkkppkkppkkpp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
D.I.Winer
« Reply #393 on: September 17, 2007 03:27:11 PM »

The increases form a pretty awesome V effect,..... just so I feel like I'm making progress, here is a photo of my finished sleeve & the V's along the inside:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 18, 2007 01:45:17 AM »

thanks neekie superstitch (sorry! Embarrassed)for the explanation d.i winer for the picture.. it does makes sense now..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007 09:00:57 AM by tinybits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 18, 2007 02:25:07 AM »

! not me, thank superstitch.. I didn't knit any sleeves Cheesy good luck with the sleevage though everybody.. *waves pompoms*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2007 04:02:00 AM »

i finished one of the sleeves but it came out waaayy to long. so on the next sleeve i will try to do less pattern repeats before increases and pray it will work..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hpy_sparrow
Grrrrr!

http://hpysparrow.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2007 05:56:37 PM »

Im moving a long more slowly than I thought I would Sad But also because my friends and family descovered the Fetching fingerless gloves ive been wearing and now im wippin them out for everyone instead of working on my wonderful thermal!!! Thats it! Im going to work on my thermal!!!!......Just as soon as i finish the thumb on my moms wool Fetching Cheesy

How is everyone else comming along?! having fun! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

http://hpysparrow.wordpress.com/

http://myspace.com/Irisssssss
issadee
« Reply #398 on: October 13, 2007 12:29:50 AM »

I just read this whole thread and I'm soooo excited to make this!!! I'm also actually terrified because this would be my first garment - although I have conquered my first sock Wink

I am thinking of using the gloss in the original sage colour. Can someone describe it IRL better? teal? greenish blue? Also - I hear that people use less skeins than required in the pattern... I am going to make a 32 bust size, 1 size smaller. Should I buy 6 skeins or 7 just in case?

Input from people who are trying to tackle this as a first huge project would be awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2007 02:44:43 AM »

I just read this whole thread and I'm soooo excited to make this!!! I'm also actually terrified because this would be my first garment - although I have conquered my first sock Wink

I am thinking of using the gloss in the original sage colour. Can someone describe it IRL better? teal? greenish blue? Also - I hear that people use less skeins than required in the pattern... I am going to make a 32 bust size, 1 size smaller. Should I buy 6 skeins or 7 just in case?

Input from people who are trying to tackle this as a first huge project would be awesome Smiley

first of all buy more yarn than you think you would need. waffle stitch eats so much yarn. once you finish you might return unused balls of yarn but finding the same dye-lot is not that easy most of the time.

this pattern ws my first sweater pattern i follow throughly (although i made couple of raglan tees before) and it is quite easy. just read before you start and come and seek help in here if you stuck. i especially recommend line by line instructions someone posted in here instead  of "at the same time" instructions of armholes, it was a great help.

keep in mind that waffle stitch is strechy and the pattern does not have any shaping so going one size down is a good idea. there is alot of room in this sweater. it is not designed to fit you like a second skin so chances are it will be ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Zombie Costume
How to Make a Scrapbook Cover
How to Make a Soda Bottle Rocket
How to Make a Scarf Out of an Old T-Shirt
How to Make a Sturdy Tote from Plastic Shopping Bags
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...