A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thermal from Knitty  (Read 58086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2007 11:12:38 AM »

doroxy, I think it looks really nice.  I think with your slim frame, it's actually flatterning to wear something kinda loose.  Also, are you wearing it with a tank top?  Maybe when you really would like to be warm and wear it over a long sleeve shirt it wouldn't seem to loose.

Congrats on finishing, and I'm glad it's something you still want to wear even though it's a shame it doesn't fit exactly how you want.

Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
afallows
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2007 12:01:04 PM »

doroxy-- it's a shame it's too big, but I'm sure it's actually fine. It's good to have  a sweater like that sometimes... boh. I'm actually having the same fears with my own sweater, and am terrified it'll just end up being tentlike. Bleh. We shall have to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
nevergirl

lalalalalaLAlalalalala

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2007 01:56:40 PM »

doroxy - those sleeves do look a little massive.. it's a really cute sweater, and your pictures got me thinking about making this my next project. i really like the way yours came out, big underarms and everything!

..could you share which size it was you knitted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwiththehair
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2007 05:55:16 PM »

doroxy-is 34 the size you normally are, or did you go down for ease?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"how beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something! we are here on earth to fart around; don't let anyone tell you any different." - kurt vonnegut
thegarby
« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2007 04:57:33 PM »

I'm almost finished with my first sleeve and I've been trying it on as I go to make sure. I thought it looked really tiny at first so I was worried about it being too small rather than too large. I plan to finish it in the next day or so and try sewing it on to my body piece before I begin knitting the next one in case there are problems with it. I will be really disappointed if my sleeves are baggy! I'm more worried about the length though really.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibmomof2
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2007 08:42:44 PM »

Finally! I am finished. I had no problems knitting the body, and sleeve one but as soon as I started sleeve 2 I had major burnout. It took me a whole month just to knit the second sleeve and sew it up  Shocked

I am WAY happy with the end product. I knitted the sleeves slightly longer, since that is how I liked them. Of course, after I finished the first one is when I started reading about the "growth" issues. There was no way I was re-knitting so I kept going.

Before blocking, the sleeves were perfect...completel y perfect. But the body was just a little too short. The first picture is pre-blocking. It is hard to tell it's a little short, partly because I stretched it right before the camera snapped. A second later, it popped back into place.

And here are the post blocking pictures. First off...the pants from the first shot sat at my belly button...these pants are low rise, so the top doesn't like that different, lengthwise, but trust me...It grew at least 3 or more inches. (Sort of embarassing but if you look closely you can see the "crater" that is my belly button, lol) So the body is now perfect, but the sleeves...  Sad
A little too long. Happily, they only grew in length, not in width.

Here's with the sleeves rolled twice. And as much as I liked the ribbed cuff...I quite like it rolled up too. So it works. And I LOVE it! Even better, it got cold again here in Southern Virginia so i will get to wear it once or twice before it warms up! yay!

One last thing...I had to go up several needle sizes to get gauge. For the size I made (34) the pattern called for 7 skeins. I always buy extra so I bought 8. I used 5 and I have three completely untouched skeins left.  Enough to make some fab knee socks by Cookie  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zknits
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2007 09:43:20 PM »

ibmomof2 - you've sold me on this pattern!  it looks great!
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
thegarby
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2007 11:48:16 AM »

Wow -- that looks really good!!  I also think I will have some extra yarn...but only 1 skein.

I've attached my first sleeve and it's a little shorter than expected so I guess with blocking it will be a tad longer.

I started sleeve 2 but put it on hold to do the neckline because I'm tired of knitting on dpns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2007 03:22:58 PM »

Love it! It looks great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
afallows
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2007 05:37:12 PM »

I'm so jealous! Mine's ugly and misshapen... I forgot to do math for my different gauge when making the arm holes so now i'm afraid that they'll be IMMENSE and my body piece is starting to have a very... racer-back-y look to it. maybe this'll just be sleeveless. hmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Your Own Tank Top
Hot Summer Fashion Trends
Trends We Learned From the Tribeca Film Festival
VMA Wrap-Up Best and Worst Dressed
How to Work the Miniskirt Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...