A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thermal from Knitty  (Read 59901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007 05:55:58 AM »

This sweater is wonderful! Maybe I'll ask for yarn for this for my birthday instead of more sock yarn Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007 03:24:28 PM »

I'm so glad I found this KAL!  I did a search for "thermal" a few days ago and nothing came up...but here it was all along.

I'm really tempted to join in -- which is crazy because I already have so many projects (and more to the point, so much stash, none of which would work for this).  But I love this sweater.  Possibly because it hasn't been above 20 degrees F for about a month here and I'm ALL about the layers lately.  Also crazy because of that insane gauge.  No more small-gauge projects, I keep telling myself!

Ok, so much for the scolding.  I'll probably join in.  But if I do, I know I'll get bored or distracted several times, so don't expect it to be done till next winter...

So, gloss in black or burgundy?  Has anyone seen the burgundy in person yet?  Is it more reddish or more purplish?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibmomof2
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007 04:06:26 PM »

I'm going to do my swatch tonight (I hate the process, but this time it's a must!)

I'm using the gloss in Burgandy. It is sooo soft. I think it has a slight tint of brown with the red, not really purple. It's just ever so slightly darker than what you see on the website. When I opened the package I thought, "That's a true burgandy." (Of course, my opinion might not mean much, hehe)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007 06:14:13 PM »

I just received my gloss today and hope to swatch tonight.  It is so soft and the woodland sage is beautiful!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get gauge on the first try! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
afallows
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007 06:25:17 PM »

Just got my yarn today :-D and planning on swatching, though I prolly don't have the right size needles, so shall have to go buy some, but I also got the Woodland Sage, and it is so so so so so pretty! yay!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
ibmomof2
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007 06:34:38 PM »

Holy cow...I knew I wasn't going to get gauge but geesh! I started with US 1's, then 2, 3, and now moving to size 4. But I'm guessing the 4 isn't going to cut it either. Hopefully, I can stop at 5.  Lately, I've been having to go up one or two needles sizes, but this is nuts.

I hate swatching...but glad I am. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CATHERINElephant

____________________________________!$#@%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007 06:43:40 PM »

Oh! This is gorgeous. If anyone makes one and would like to sell it, I'll be here! Haha. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, dont show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do. - Henry Rollins.
cnp71201
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007 06:44:10 PM »

I agree about the Burgandy. A warning about the Serengeti, though, to anyone who is thinking of using it... it is much darker than on my monitor, at least. It is closer to a camel than a cream color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007 06:45:13 PM »

ibmomof2 - which yarn are you using? Is going up that many needle sizes leaving you with a holey weave?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
ibmomof2
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007 07:26:32 PM »

ibmomof2 - which yarn are you using? Is going up that many needle sizes leaving you with a holey weave?

I'm using the knitpicks gloss. The good news is I got guage on US 4. Stitch and row...I never get row gauge Smiley  It does seem ever so slightly loose, but I think that's in part because of the stitch pattern. Stretchy, you know?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author John Witt Discusses the Hidden Story of the Laws of War
"Tilt" Book Trailer
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...