A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thermal from Knitty  (Read 67400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2007 08:21:06 PM »

wow, what a difference a few hours makes. Good news first, the yarn came today and my lovely lys let me wind my hanks into balls for free on their winder.

Bad news, i got out of my car at my parents house and didn't realize that the thermal had fallen out of my bag so i walked down a rocky dirty driveway 20 ft dragging the thermal on the ground without realizing it. So now, i get to start over.... i was/am so upset.... oh well, good thing my yarn came today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Hawkins
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2007 08:42:13 PM »

Is anyone going to try to change the neckline on the Thermal?   Still like the large scoop style, but want a higher neckline.  Anyone have suggestions?

I've got some recycled lime green Gap sweater yarn I'm thinking of using for this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thegarby
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2007 09:34:44 PM »

Hello everyone! This is my first post ever on craftster but I just had to ask this question:  Is everyone swatching in the round or flat for Thermal? I have my yarn (Gloss in Pumpkin) and needles but I was finishing up a WIP (Sesame from Magknits) until today and I was undecided as to how I should be swatching. What did you guys do?

Also, I am thinking of doing the 32" while my bust is a 34"...I see many of you are going down a size also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2007 10:04:46 PM »

Is anyone going to try to change the neckline on the Thermal?   Still like the large scoop style, but want a higher neckline.  Anyone have suggestions?

Instead of starting the placket at about the same row as the armhole shaping, begin it a coupla three inches higher. However far up you want the neckline to begin, and then start the shaping there.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
rougeau26
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2007 08:13:58 AM »

I swatched on straight needles...ended up using size 3's to get my gauge.  I also decided to follow what others are doing and go down a size....it looks like it's going to be very stretchy so I'm sure the smaller size will end up fitting after it's all blocked out.  I've got about 4 inches done!  My friend's got my camera at the moment, but hopefully I can post a progress shot by Sunday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie.blogspot.com
pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2007 09:31:08 PM »

I think I am going to order what I need for this tomorrow, as I'm going to have a lot of knitting time on my hands with rehearsals starting soon (I got a smaller part than I wanted :\) and I'm so excited to start this as my first sweater!  However, I'm a little girl lady Wink, and while I think the 32 would be the right size (my bust is just about a 32 exactly, maybe even a 31.75, haha), all this talk about it stretching a lot makes me think it will be too big- and I like things to hug my body Wink.  Should I try smaller needles?  Or should I modify the pattern somehow?  (A terrifying idea to me because I've never done that before... or made a sweater before... haha)  Can I just cast on a bit less or something? Any suggestions/help???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

uknowuluvit

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2007 09:49:21 PM »

I really love this pattern too!! I'm thinking I'll order palette or essential too, I suppose I should go through my closet and see which color shirts I dont have very much of! haha! Or I could ask the boyfriend which color he would like.. I do like the coral or pumpkin.. hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dair

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2007 02:48:02 PM »

Hello everyone! This is my first post ever on craftster but I just had to ask this question:  Is everyone swatching in the round or flat for Thermal? I have my yarn (Gloss in Pumpkin) and needles but I was finishing up a WIP (Sesame from Magknits) until today and I was undecided as to how I should be swatching. What did you guys do?

I swatched flat, and then double checked when i was knitting it and my gauge was the same. I think it has something to do with alternating knit and purl rows...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

afallows
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2007 07:06:46 PM »

I'm not posting pictures because, firstly, my camera is out of commission at the moment, and secondly, you all have a general idea of what these things look like while people are still on the body, but I measured today, and I'm up to 8.5 inches on the body! Slow going... but not bad for someone who's simultaneously doing lots and lots of work for school.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2007 03:15:21 PM »

well its a good thing i ruined my frist try at thermal, it was a weee bit big....

(i'm not even pulling it tight, thats just how big it is)

this is the 2nd sweater in a month that i've grossly over estimated my own fatness, i really need to just go with the measurements and not try to add extra
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Serve Barbecued Korean Chicken
How to Make Coriander Chutney and Cucumber Raita Condiments
How to Make Tasty Chicken Breasts in Satay Sauce
How to Cook Thai Red Curry Fish Cakes
How to Prepare Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...