A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fellow Crafters!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

westcoastmami
« on: October 13, 2004 10:36:51 AM »

Hello All!!!

Was wondering if anybody had any cool funky christmas ornament ideas, tryin' to make a cool funky tree for my kitchen and needed some ideas....  Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.....  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Craft on friends!!!

heehee   Kiss!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004 10:43:19 AM »

I've had this idea lately that I've been obssesed with & I'm not quite sure what I want to do. Those car tree air freshners are so cool & cheap that I think they would be awsome to play with. It would look cool if you just had one whole tree covered with a bunch of diff colored ones. Or I've thought about covering them with sparkles & the adding "season's greetings" or something equally cheesy. They have many possibilities. Even just painting them or decoupaging them with something intersting. Sorry-I'm going off, I just realy like thier shape! Just a thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004 11:08:31 AM »

the tree airfreshener is a cool idea..it might smell like crap tho w/ all the fragrences mixing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
westcoastmami
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004 11:17:39 AM »

Great idea, Idigmusic... Maybe if i used all the same scent like a cinnamon or something like that and decorated them, the smell wouldn't be too wild,  kool idea.... Thanks...... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004 03:35:33 PM »

there's a cool idea for a stocking shaped like a high heeled boot around here somewhere...perhaps you could miniaturize it. That would be a wicked cool ornament Smiley Hope this helps!
~jessica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
westcoastmami
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004 04:49:23 PM »

there's a cool idea for a stocking shaped like a high heeled boot around here somewhere...perhaps you could miniaturize it. That would be a wicked cool ornament Smiley Hope this helps!
~jessica

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! THANKS JESI!!! AWESOME IDEA!!! I'VE SEEN IT AS WELL, GONNA LOOK FOR IT NOW!!!  I'LL POST SOME PICS, WHEN I MAKE A FEW........ THANKS AGAIN! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004 04:53:24 PM »

I can't wait to see the pics of these!! yay Smiley I'm glad I could help
~jessicakes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004 05:18:45 PM »

What about non holiday things into the clear glass balls?  Maybe like holiday colors but thngs that aren't used to decorate with ... like a ball filled with red & greeen feathers, or hite packing peanuts & green beads... I dont know comming up blank here....

Frou fro, that fathery stuff that boas are made from as garland, red silk flower petals
THIS ROCKS   Logged
westcoastmami
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004 05:37:55 PM »

What about non holiday things into the clear glass balls?  Maybe like holiday colors but thngs that aren't used to decorate with ... like a ball filled with red & greeen feathers, or hite packing peanuts & green beads... I dont know comming up blank here....

Frou fro, that fathery stuff that boas are made from as garland, red silk flower petals

WOWWEEWOW!!!  ANOTHER AWESOME IDEA!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoraL
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004 06:20:33 PM »

Yeah, the air fresheners are REALLY strong, I wouldn't recommend using real ones.  But you could just get one and use it as a pattern to cut trees out of cardstock.  They're probably look athentic if you used a real air freshener as your pattern.

I'm trying to come up with ways to make not Christmas-y stuff work on my very first tree.  Maybe I'll just take all my littlest trinkets (I'm a pack rat), poke a hole in them, and string 'um up!

I was also thinking of the simple yet classic cranberry-and-popcorn garland.  Just one of those with some white lights probably look very nice.

And finally, for some strange reason, I'm been tossing around the idea of a pirate tree, or at least some of the ornaments.  Pirates are so bright and festive!  Not sure exactly what, maybe gold coins, parrots, a skull and crossbones or two...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004 11:49:07 AM »

ok...this might be a bit high on the lame-o-meter, but I've been gluing hot pink tissue paper on styrofoam stars, with future plans to add glitter and peraps some sequins or something...they're looking pretty hot so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sasto
I am too a queen--my pantyhose say so!

God save the queen-sized!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004 12:09:27 PM »

I think it's fun to take traditional christmas icons & use cooler prints to update them. For example, a snow man in a pimp hat & lame scarf, santa in leopard skin, a angel in a bustier & stockings? Okay so my idea is starting to sound like christmas on crack, but if you kept their little faces sweet...

hmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's all true.
(Except of course, for the lies.)
bookgirl
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004 10:11:53 AM »

Along the air-freshener line, you could make these cinnamon ornaments http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=tvs7634, but instead of cutting them out with the usual Christmas-y shapes, use whatever you like.  Cut them into lips (a la the Rolling Stones), or purses, or whatever tickles your fancy.  Fun fur!  Use it as a garland around the tree to vamp it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
westcoastmami
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004 09:12:27 AM »

Thanks...for all the kool ideas, love them all..... I love this site..... everyone is so friendly and helpful....

Have a great day all.......

CRAFT ON FRIENDS...... Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stopmoshun
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004 01:06:36 PM »

for christmas one year i took polaroids of my housemates/boyfriend/myself. I put red and green colored filters/cellophane over the lense, so the pics turned out green and red. then threaded wire through the top of the polaroid.

i also had some barbies from the mc donalds happy meals and put wire around their necks to hang from the tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Dull Colors in Photoshop
How to Sharpen Blurred Images in Photoshop
How to Make a Custom Myspace 2.0 Layout in Photoshop
How to Get Cool Blue Eyes in Photoshop
How to Make Cool Green Eyes in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...