A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Swap 3 Gallery  (Read 13147 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avian Flight
« on: January 28, 2007 07:38:55 PM »

Post your owly goodies here! Don't forget to thank your partner!

Link to original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=141900.0
Check the link for updates on your status.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
SewingLori
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007 10:42:09 AM »

Can't wait to see the goods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitkabbit
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007 02:04:37 PM »

I think I might be first to recieve!  I got a whole bunch of cool stuff from Avian Flight, our groovy organizer!  Unfortunately the camera battery died on Friday so no pics for a bit, will try to post ASAP!

I got:
an adorable crocheted grey owl (who came along with some cheery ribbon roses), a wondeful soft golden fleece owl plushie, 3 soft little pompom owls, a crocheted owl motif, an owl pincushion (loved the glitter felt) along with some shrinky pins, a crocheted chibi totoro from my wists, a tiny and kawaii pompom soot sprite, a really cute teddy bear notebook which may become my new swap journal, and a fabulous owl wallet..  Eula, however did you manage to sew that clear pocket!  it's so small too.  so it will fit perfectly in my pocket!!!  totally wowed!  oh yeah and she also sent me a nifty little brocade change purse, some strawberry pocky.. which i already tore into... mmmmmm pocky, so tasty...  and she was also kind enough to pick up some paper i'd been totally lusting after at pearl river!  whee!  like xmas, only not...  Tongue

THANK YOU!!! ever so much!!!
I love it all, it's mine, all mine, no sharing with the kitties =P

anyhow.  as soon as I can, pics will be posted!!

~kat
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007 02:21:27 PM by kitkabbit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meshell
Art Teacher & Metalsmith

!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007 06:39:15 PM »

kitkabbit, that sounds amazing!!  I can't wait to see all of the things she sent you...and all of the things you sent her...and all of the things everyone sent everyone else!

Eeeeeeeeh, I can't wait for my partner to get her package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.recycledstar.etsy.com --> Fine silver jewelry and other goodies Smiley

www.recycledstar.com --> Needs to be updated!
Avian Flight
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007 09:13:53 PM »

Kat- Yay! you liked everything! I have pics on my camera but didn't upload them yet. Maybe later this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
SewingLori
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007 07:14:13 AM »

I received from Samsara and everything is AMAZING  Shocked

I got home so late last night and was not able to take pictures, but I will as soon as I get home from work.

I got a crocheted purse with the cutest owl applique. THE DETAIL... oh my.
I got 2 great necklaces. They are both beautiful.
A hand painted scarf that has exactly what I think owls should look like.
A stuffed owl that I WILL NOT use as a pincushion. He is way too cute.

Anyway, sorry to leave you all in suspense. Pics will be up by tomorrow morning. I PROMISE! Unless Ginny, you have some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007 07:36:21 AM »

Sorry for the photo delay. Everything that Samsara has sent already has a home. You'll be amazed at the great gifts I received. Got your Wist button ready??

A window cling... I have no idea what this is made of, but it is great and it is now hanging on the mirror by my sewing machine.

A little stuffed owl. He'd be a great pincushion if he wasn't so damn cute!

Hand painted scarf. I wish you all could see this in person. It is amazing and I am pretty sure it is made out of magic paint!!

Necklaces and keychains. Sorry this photo is so bad. I cannot photograph white anything. Boooo! (samsara, if you have a better photo, please share).
The pendant necklace is an owl image adhesed to a game tile. The middle one has the cutest little owl button in the center and it is on felt. The keyring is shrinkydink (did you color on both sides?) and it looks 3D.

AND THIS AMAZING  Shocked  BAG!!!!! She made up the pattern for it. It is so cool and is now my purse. The owl is appliqued felt. The detail is unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Thanks for EVERYTHING!  Kiss I hope my package arrives to you safely and that you like what I made for you. I only took pictures of one of the things I sent you, just so you know.

Thanks Again. I LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShyArtist
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007 11:41:05 AM »

Ok everyone, technically I received yesterday but I was busy getting the money back that an atm stole from me so I couldn't post. But let me tell you, this package totally made my day!!

Meshell - Thank you so so so much!

First off, a swap note along with some extra little odds and ends.

Some owl note cards, which is so great because I love collecting note cards so I have them when an occasion arises!

A beautiful owl print - I really love this and the orange is just so nice and bright. I'm going to frame it for my "art wall".

And lastly, this beautiful, wonderful owl tote and zippered pouch. I love love love these sooooo much! Before I left home yesterday I filled the tote with everything I was hauling around for the day and believe me it made it through awesomely - even with the crazy snow falling!

The pouch is so perfect because I was just about to buy something to store all my receipts and paper bits in!

Anyways, awesome, awesome swap - Meshell thank you so much and Avian Flight thanks for organizing everything!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 11:49:53 AM by ShyArtist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingLori
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007 11:50:23 AM »

I do love that print. Is it a linocut?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007 12:21:53 PM »

Oh man that window cling look so cool. Samsara, is it that sorta sticky, feels like gel kinda thing? If it is, how in the world do you make those?!

I love those notecards Meshell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairapy Ep 102: Sandy
Hairapy Ep 101: Betsy
The New Pompadour Bridal Hairstyle
The Hunger Games Inspired Dutch Braid
Nicole Pearl, The Beauty Girl; At-Home Hair Color Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...