A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: aNy HeLp WiLl HeLp!!!  (Read 2719 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004 03:13:58 PM »

sry bout the demanding topic name lol but lets say u have a little sister 6 years old average sized child and shes begging her gracious sister to make her a halloween costume.....what should this big sister do? rather so what should she make? any ideas will be greatly appreciated if possible staying cheap lol Smiley

thankz a million gajillion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004 05:14:47 PM »

hmm... i'm thinking ballerina would be easiest. you can buy a leotard and tights and you'll only have to make a tutu out of tulle. (okay, that makes me sound really lazy, but it's the first thing that came to mind. plus, little girls as ballerinas are so cute.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
MtyAphrdti
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004 08:52:19 PM »

or a ghost...just a white sheet with holes for the ultralazy approach
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004 01:15:41 PM »

Here are some things to think about.

Do you know how to sew on a sewing machine? If you don't have one or acess to one, know right away that things are going to be pretty tough. If you have one or know someone who can let you/help you use one, than it'll take less time and you can be more creative.

Are there any good thrift stores near your home? A lot of places have good sales around Halloween. Most of the stuff can easily be altered to suit your sister's needs. If not, try going through your sister's closet. When was the last time she wore that dress? Maybe you can use it... with hers and you mother's permisson, of course.

What kinds of things does your sister like? Is she athletic or girly? Ask her about her interests and what kind sof things she wants to be for Halloween. Maybe a ghost isn't her idea of a good costume, and maybe she doesn't want to be a ballerina. (No offense MtyAphrdti and kabili)

Once you have an idea of what your sister wants and what is avalibe to you, you can begin to think up good costume ideas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi_sita12

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004 10:53:25 AM »

thanks for the help yes i noe how to sew nd hav acess to a machine actually i decided to ask her wat she wanted n worked off of that.......she wants to be a star fairy nd i have started with a tulip style skirt which llooks quiet cute indeed nd i have to make a top accessories and decorate the whole shizabad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybellyz89
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004 05:27:32 PM »

when i was little my mom made me witch hair for my costume.  We took the bottom part off a mop and dyed it green.  Then we somehow attatched it to the band of a baseball cap and covered the cap w/ a witch hat
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi_sita12

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004 09:27:54 AM »

cute lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicegirl512
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004 07:01:44 AM »

I made my little nephew a star costume one year because he was *obsessed* with stars.  I don't know if she'd be into it for a fairy, but his was really simple.  I bought yellow felt by the yard and made a "sandwich board" type thing that went over his head and had velcro closures under the arms with the bottom four points of the star, and then made him a hat to be the top point of the star.  It turned out very cute.  For the sandwich board part I cut out four identical pieces, sewed two together (leaving an edge open) and stuffed them lightly with batting.  Felt was beautiful because the edges don't have to be finished, and I put the seams on the outside so I didn't even have to hand sew the last edge together, just machine sewed it when I was done stuffing it.  Then attach the two stuffed pieces at the shoulders, leaving enough room for it to go over her head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have an Etsy Shop for my jewelry!
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004 07:23:16 AM »

Ok, for a fairy, she'll probably need wings and a wand.  And maybe a crown.
The crown you could make out of that garlandy stuff that is like lots of mylar stars attached to a wire type base.  You can probably get it at Michael's in the Christmas section.

For the wand:
Stick or dowel, about 18" long
Silver cardboard (or regular cardboard and silver spray paint)
Sparkly ribbon.
Cut 2 stars the same size out of the silver cardboard.  Glue them together around the outside edge, leaving a hole in the bottom for the stick.  Glue the stick into the hole.  Now wrap some ribbon around the join between the star and the stick, and glue in place, leaving long streamers to float around.

The wings are a bit harder.  I'm thinking something with wire hangers covered in sparkly fabric. 

Don't forget the body glitter and spray on hair glitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004 09:15:02 AM »

For wings I used heavier wire and put nylons on them then I sprayed them with florist spray paint and glitter. I attached them with matching ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating an Orange Sky in Lightroom
How to Create a Web Photo Gallery
How to Use the Luminance Feature in Lightroom, Part 2
How to Soften Skin in Lightroom
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...