A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lafayette Craft Mafia...  (Read 5734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raynbow
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007 06:29:42 AM »

Sorry I missed you.  It was fun, I'll probably try and go again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007 11:45:37 PM »

Awesome - I'd like to make it out for sure.  Let me know when you're headed there again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing .com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.b logspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
zoesdare
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007 11:59:13 AM »

Hi, I'm Kat and I am one of the girls who runs Blue Monday, so I imagine I can shed some light on the topic.

We are a co-op of local crafters who started out as a crafting group that met on Monday nights in someone's home and sold stuff at the farmer's markets on the east and west side.

We've outgrown that, and now have our own retail space in the BL Horwitz building at 828 Main Street.  We still meet on Monday nights to craft, but people are welcome any time.  You can feel free to bring your own stuff to work on, but we also rent out time on our equipment for an hourly fee.  We also teach classes.  Our current display window lists most of the classes we are currently offering.

There are four or five of us who actually craft for the store, and the rest of it is consignment.  Don't ask me how many consignors we have, I really couldn't say.

We are open Monday Tuesday and Thursday from five to nine and Friday/Saturday from eleven to nine.  All of us have day jobs, so the store is open mostly on evenings.

As far as equipment capabilities, we have an enormous rotary cutting table, three Singer sewing machines, your general array of tools and an industrial sized iron set up at all times.  We also have decent-ish sized workspace for other crafts, and a very comfy couch.  We also keep fresh crafting books and periodicals on-hand and a Project Binder for inspiration.

Some things people do/have done at blue monday include:  Sewing, knitting, crochet, origami, card making, tassel making/embellishment, re-upholstry, latch hooking, collage and painting.  This is by no means the complete list, and all crafters are welcome.

If you need help finding us, or have any questions feel free to call us (we're in the phone book) or contact me, Melanie, or message us on MySpace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blue Monday

"These Ain't Yo Mama's Crafts!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007 03:00:39 PM »

Hi,

This is Melanie, and I own Blue Monday Craft Lounge.  I have been on craftster for awhile, but I never thought to look up Lafayette on here.  My lounge is located on at 828 Main Street.  Basically it is a retail store in the front, selling local handmade items, and a craft lounge in the back.  If you bring your own things to work on and just want to hang out in a crafty environment, it's free!  I do offer sewing classes, and sewing machine rental for a fee!  Just thought I would let everyone in the area know!
our hours are
MTTh 5-9
Fri, Sat 11-9
closed wed and sun!

Thanks!

Also I have entertained the idea of starting the Lafayette Craft Mafia, and holding trunk/parking lot sales....are there others interested in this?  Let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think Globally Craft Locally!
lafemmedramatique
Lafemmedramatique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007 08:13:14 AM »

*sigh* I love the fact that you're from Indiana (so am I) but I'm stuck in Muncie, and to my knowledge, we don't have any particular "craft scene" to speak of... and if we do, I really want to know about it! The Blue Monday Lounge you taked about reminds me of a think I saw about Etsy Labs... they actually give classes and stuff to help you run your bussiness, learn new crafts, and such, and they let you just hang out and work on crafts too.... BUT, that's in Brooklynn.... Ugh, I want to know if Muncie has something like this that I don't know about! Prehaps I shall post something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammdancer1

my heart died with gilmore girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007 12:06:43 PM »

I'm in Muncie now, and I agree, there seems to be a great lack of any "craft scene".  I know BSU has a small SnB/knitting group of some sort -- I've seen it in the Student Center a couple times.  But knitting, of course, no where near covers "crafting" in its wonderful entirety.

However, I will be up at Purdue starting in the fall!   Smiley   I would love to meet up with some/all/any of you guys, especially at Blue Monday.  It sounds like such a cool place.

Feel free to message/email/IM me.  I'm ALWAYS looking for craftsters to hang out with!

am
THIS ROCKS   Logged

am
adriayna
Transitory Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008 06:53:06 AM »

Is the blue monday thing still going on?  If so, I'd love to come.  I live in West Lafayette Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008 10:12:38 AM »

Wow this sounds interesting, too bad its somewhat far from where i am, but maybe i can try to arrange my own group of my freinds and just hang out in that area sometimes~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raynbow
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008 10:13:47 AM »

I actually just drove by yesterday, and the store front was all boarded up.  I don't know if they've closed, or are having work done, or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raynbow
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008 10:16:28 AM »

Oh, I looked it up.  They've moved, they are at 652 Main Street now, so just up the street from where they were before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Pan Fry Chicken Breast with Fennel, Capers and Pine Nuts
Learn how to Cook Chicken with Fennel, Capers and Pine Nuts
Learn how to Pan Fry Turkey Burgers and Finish the Dish
Learn how to Make Turkey Burgers
Learn how to Make Cucumber and String Bean Salad with Olive Tapenade Dressing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...