A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Graduation Party: I need a theme!  (Read 655 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2007 12:55:48 PM »

I'm homeschooled, and hoping (*crosses fingers*) to graduate within the next month, maybe two. (Depends how life goes, as usual. Tongue )
Since I'm not graduating in June or going to prom or anything, some friends of mine that are in my Girl Guides unit have decided that one of the meetings will be a party for me! Cheesy
(I love my friends!)

But... they've asked me if there's a theme I want, and I can't pick one!
Any ideas???
Thanks in advance for any help!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007 10:54:46 PM »

How about Hollywood premiere? Thats what we did for our housewarming. Everyone had to come dressed as a character from a movie. The decor was all stars and silver/gold streamers and we made a welcome to hollywood sign. You can even make some "Walk of Fame" stars out of posterboard and have your friends sign them. This is what was written on the invite:

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are cordially invited to attend a Hollywood Premiere on June 18th, 2005. The feature presentation is a film entitled "Housewarming,"(or in this case "Graduation" produced by (names here). Festivities begin promptly at 6 P.M. at (address here). Please park all Aston Martins and other automobiles on neighboring streets as there will be no valet available. Please wear proper attire for a Hollywood premiere (dressed as a character from a movie) or your admittance will be denied.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
zazu20
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007 09:36:03 AM »

pick a movie you like, a book, a cartoon character or a colour you like..i think the theme should be something about YOU, so the more unique the better. i personally like 'geographic' themes, like france, or china, japan, with ethnic foods decor music and whatnot, so if you have a favourite place or a dream place you'd like to live in or visit make that your theme. or make it about one of your hobbies (rock music, poetry...)...or have a prom night theme to make up for the one you didn't have:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007 10:25:18 AM »

Awesome ideas, guys, thanks! I was stuck in a Hawaiian/Black and White/'80s theme rut, LOL. Tongue
What about Blue? Or England? Scotland? Japan? Australia? Writing? Art?
Agh! Now I have too many ideas! Cheesy
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
ShaynaYasha
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007 11:47:10 AM »

Have everyone dress up as a profession...but really bizarre professions, the kind you would never want or imagine doing.  Some suggestions... Underwater Welder (although it is one of the most highly paid jobs in the world), a proctologist, a Urologist, a Chicken Sexer, a Pooper Scooper.  Be creative, have a contest, make foods that have professional names.  That's my $.02.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

""Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."- Eric Draven"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Research Experience Informs Design Career
How SCAD Alumna Finds First Job and Builds Design Career
Lawrence Nield on the Impact of Skyscrapers
A Guide to Henna Body Art
A Guide to Mehndi Henna Designs
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...