A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,909
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: coral type bracelets (image heavy)***NOW WITH TUTE!!!  (Read 5892 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alohamom2three
I really should be sleeping...

Wow...can't believe I won something!

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2007 02:08:08 PM »

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my Christmas presents...little late. Grin
I was walking with my sister-in-law window shopping and we saw these coral type bracelets in a window and I said:  "I can do that!"  So I did.
These were everyone's Christmas preset.
They were made with E beads for the main part and then at least three colors of mochromatic beads for the branches on each bracelet.
Let me know if you like them or want a tute!  They are simple and took about two hours of tv watching to do each.

Tutorial!
This is my first try at a tutorial with diagrams...hope it comes out understandable!

Needed:
Beading thread
Conditioning wax
Nail polish\glue
E beads
Seed beads
clasp

I make this bracelet with one long thread..I wrap the thread around my wrist six or seven times and that seems to be the right length.
I used big eye needles...I like how I can hold more beads on at one time and my hand doesn't cramp.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vYbghROmjcvATM:http://www.fusionbeads.com/uploads/prod_img/large/TL1018.jpg

Here is a pictuer of beading wax if you don't know what it is...wax helps keep the beads in place and helps keep the thread from fraying.  I just pull the thread through the grooves in the wax holder.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:1sjP7diBTPKOVM:http://www.littlebeader.com/wax.JPG

For this project, I use one color E bead and then I use three colors of monochromatic seed beads because it gives a nice texture to have colors that are close but slightly different.  On some, for example the red one, I used white beads very sparingly to break up the color.

I first connect the thread to the round end of the clasp.  Knot then surgeons knot then nail polish the knot (this is how I start, if you like other methods, go ahead)

I then thread the E beads until I reach the length of my bracelet.

If I'm using a toggle and circle clasp, I add a few seed beads of the same color at the end of the base row so I can maneuver the toggle.  Then I tie off on the toggle and nail polish the knot.  I turn around with the same thread and go back through the first E bead.  In between each bead I do a seed bead branch.  I go through five seed beads and then back through the bottom two to give me a branch with a wide head.

I like to keep the color pattern random and I sometimes vary the number of beads in the branch.  I found that when I'm working on it, the bracelet doesn't look all together until I finish the branches.
I tie off to the beginning point clasp, nail polish the knot and weave the end of the thread back into the bracelet.

I hope you guys understand me...it's simpler than it sounds and really doesn't take that long.  I'd love to see other peoples bracelets if you do them!

Happy beading!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011 10:22:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am always doing what I don't know how to do, in order to learn how to do it. -Vincent Van Gogh
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

My Perty Thangs......If the green light is on, I am home!!

MONSTER good luck coming my way!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007 02:27:31 PM »

I bet everyone loved them too, I think they are wonderful!  I think the first one is my fav.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina
I am not obsessed with Perty Thangs, I am disciplined...

I have alot to share, all you gotta do is ask.

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
luvcraft
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007 02:30:55 PM »

These are beautiful!!
I would love a tut  Smiley (please)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dammitall
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007 07:43:09 PM »

Those are so cool!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
terp4u2
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007 08:27:57 PM »

These are wonderful, especially the brown, red and green ones. Looks like they would have a good bit of movement without being too "busy". If you have the time to make a tutorial, I'd love to give this a try too. TIA
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tinsel
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007 09:14:07 PM »

I agree.  These are LOVELY.  I would SO MUCH like to try making one or five myself!  Gorgeous.  Is it with wire or thread?  I'm guessing wire?  Anyways a tute would REALLY be helpful here.  Thanks for sharing them...very beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moondream
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007 09:32:52 PM »

I bet everyone appreciated receiving them as gifts! They're great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brightshadows
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007 10:16:47 PM »

I like them.  I think I can see how they're made, but a tut would be awesome! Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alohamom2three
I really should be sleeping...

Wow...can't believe I won something!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007 10:19:53 AM »

I agree.  These are LOVELY.  I would SO MUCH like to try making one or five myself!  Gorgeous.  Is it with wire or thread?  I'm guessing wire?  Anyways a tute would REALLY be helpful here.  Thanks for sharing them...very beautiful!

It''s actually made with beading thread that I condition with wax.  And if I was careful, it was all done with one string...a couple of them I guessed wrong on the length and had to add at the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am always doing what I don't know how to do, in order to learn how to do it. -Vincent Van Gogh
zenobia
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007 04:59:47 PM »

Beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Colorist Jennifer J on How to Stop Brassy Hair Color
Liven Up Your Hair With Commitment-Free Chalk Color
How to Refresh Oily Hair
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...