A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap a yard of fabric swap - February  (Read 13046 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« on: January 26, 2007 10:07:33 AM »

I stole most of this text from the ongoing fabric swap III, thank you, Melesse!  Cheesy I hope I didn't miss anything important for the swap...

Swap name: Swap a yard of fabric swap - February
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gavagai
Sign-up date range: Ongoing
Date to send items by: Ten (10) days after someone claims from your list!
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope.  The more the merrier!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 16!)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

DETAILS OF SWAP:

If youve got stashes of fabric, this is the swap for you!  This round will be taking place throughout February!

For each claim, you will get to select a total of one yard of fabric (combined from FQ:s, half yards or yards) from the list that is up for grabs at the moment.  In return, you will then be required to make a post with a minimum of eight fabric swatches that you have available for someone else to claim.   

The amount of outstanding claims you are allowed is based on your craftster and swapping status. New swappers get one claim, non-FOCs get 2 claims and FOCs get 3 claims.

HOW TO PLAY:

Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to get approved for this swap

Step 2.  Prepare your lists and photos of your fabric so that youll be ready to post the list when you make a claim!  Remember, you need 8 different fabrics minimum!  Along with the pictures, you should describe the type and clearly specify the quantity of fabric that youre offering!  For example:

1. "Brown and Turquoise Cotton Batik.  1/2 Yard Piece." or "polyester stretch fabric, any amount up to 1 yard"

Step 3.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim one FQ of #2 and #6 plus half a yard of #4 from gavagais stash.  Then send a PM to the person youve claimed from listing what youve claimed and include your name and mailing address.

Step 4.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list of fabric swatches!  If the thread idles for more than a day, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have ten (10) days to get the swap package out the door!

Step 5.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.

SOME RULES:

1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer and are listed on the List of Approved Swappers. If youre thinking about participating, go for it and get pre-approved. By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you like

2.  You must have ready access to a camera and know how to post pictures in the swap thread.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures) of fabrics available when you start swapping!  You will need to have a minimum of eight fabric swatches in your posts. You may also choose the option of posting links to your fabric swatches.  If you do that, please make sure that your links work!

3. The width of fabric is expected to be about 45". If your fabric is much wider than this you may - if you want - cut away a piece to adjust the width. An FQ is a fourth of a yard of fabric, i.e. about 18" x 22"

4.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since were only sending a total of a yard of fabric, shipping costs should be pretty reasonable.

5.  After a claim has been made, you have ten (10) days to mail your package!  Check out the second post of this swap thread to know when your swap packages are due.

6. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States. If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and the organizer (that would be me, gavagai)! 

7.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  You must let the organizer and your partner know when you have shipped, received or may be late!  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!     

8. Please offer fabric selections that others would want to claim.  Try to include a variety of fabrics in your lists. Another good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you're offering a piece of fabric to "simply get rid of it", that's probably not a good thing!!

If that sounds good to you and you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Swap a yard of fabric swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your full real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works? 
How many fabric swatches will you be required to showcase when you make a claim?
Do you promise to communicate with your partner(s) and the organizer when you send, recieve or are late?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (me!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 10:38:17 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007 10:26:42 AM »

APPROVED SWAPPERS
(number of claims allowed)

gavagai (3) 0 claimed, 0 shipped, 7 received
ShaynaYasha (3) 0 claimed, 0 shipped, 5 received
mini (3) 0 claimed, 0 shipped, 3 received
xladyluckx (3) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 2 received
lamamarco (3) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 2 received
Homerof2 (3) 0 claimed, 0 shipped, 2 received (3 claim left)
igobylorib (3) 0 claims used, 0 shipped, 2 received
Bhean (3) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 3 received
atsuko (3) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 1 received

javede (2) 0 claims used, 0 shipped, 4 received
laurenhunt (2) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 3 received
i_made_it (2) 0 claimed, 0 shipped, 2 received
ScotSkipper402 (2)
Grieney (2)
stereoette (2)

Eveel (1) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 1 received
Sansa (1) 0 claim used, 0 shipped, 1 received

SEND OUT DATES

purple=sent
blue=received

February 5.
gavagai => mini
mini => ShaynaYasha

February 7.
ShaynaYasha => javede
javede => gavagai
gavagai => mini
mini => xladyluckx

February 8.
xladyluckx => javede

February 9.
javede => gavagai
gavagai => lamamarco
lamamarco => laurenhunt
laurenhunt =>lamamarco
lamamarco => ShaynaYasha

February 10.
ShaynaYasha => Homerof2

February 11.
Homerof2 => igobylorib
igobylorib => xladyluckx
xladyluckx => Homerof2
Homerof2 => ShaynaYasha

February 14.
ShaynaYasha => gavagai
gavagai => bhean
bhean => javede
javede => igobylorib

February 16.
igobylorib => Eveel
Eveel => javede

February 18.
javede => mini

February 19.
mini => bhean
bhean => gavagai

February 20.
gavagai => sansa
sansa => gavagai
gavagai => atsuko
atsuko => laurenhunt

February 22.
laurenhunt => ShaynaYasha

February 23.
ShaynaYasha => i_made_it

February 24.
i_made_it => Bhean

March 1.
Bhean => xladyluckx

March 5.
xladyluckx => laurenhunt

March 6.
laurenhunt => gavagai
gavagai => ShaynaYasha

March 8.
ShaynaYasha => i_made_it

March 11.
i_made_it => gavagai
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007 10:10:43 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007 10:31:07 AM »

I'll start by offering these fabrics. They're all cotton. Combine any amount of them (FQ:s, half yards, 1 yard) up to a yard.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 11:26:54 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007 12:16:05 PM »

I'm in! & I claim gavagai. 
I'd like four 1/4 yards, well, I'd like a 1/4 of each but I can't so I'll take (from top to bottom) #3, 4, 6 & 7.

Ok. Here goes:
First, I tried to describe them the best I could. If you have any questions please feel free to ask:

1. Blues:
Blues: Blue cotton with white & dark blue flowers (several yards/meters, 110cm width), Blue cotton (FQ), Dark blue upholstery weight (1 yard/meter x 80cm/3/4yard)

2. Cotton: good for quilts
Blue German cotton quilting quality fabric (FQ); Cotton fabric with printed funny faces (FQ) funny faces gone!

3. Poly cotton good for Linings:
Lining fabrics in woven stripes, poly/cotton blend: light burgandy with gold & white stripes, white with burgandy & gold stripe, white with dark & light blue stripes

4. Organza
Organza: dark grey, 1/2 yard/meter; White ogranze:lots! 

5. Funky fox and chicken fabric: greys, beige; red & white. Cotton: almost 1 mtr/yard x 1 mtr/yrd Gone!

6. White with flowers: Plastified Fabric.
plastic cloth for table cloths: I used it for a cosmetics bag. 1 meter x 50cm (49in x 20 in)

7 (and 8 is detail)
Upholstery weight off white: I used this for cushion covers for my sofa, see next picture for detail. More than a meter there.

9. orange corduroy

10. orange and red linen feel (probably not linen)

11. Pumpkin colored rough linen (don't know if it's real linen) Gone... I used it.

12. fat quarters, these are in the purple tones & should work together. I don't know why they don't work in the picture. They are homespun cotton quilt quality.

13. Quilting Cotton FQs:

14. Flannel Cotton FQs:

I have more, so if you don't like any of this.....

EDIT: Pictures removed to save space, plus I have updated my list & wil l post it on next claim, plus I have deleted the obsolute pictures from flickr.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007 08:54:43 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShaynaYasha
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007 04:13:21 PM »

I'm in... I claim Mini for the FQ of funny faces & the balance in the Funny Fox.... I live in South Florida & I offer the following: 

1- 1 Yard of this Blue "bandana" 100% cotton material.  I have TONS of it

2-I love this material.  I have Tons as well, so I can offer up to a yard.  I am not sure what material it is, but it's thick...probably a polyester (?) I've made great pillows out of it.

3- This is a nice soft 100% cotton baby fabric.  Again, I have Tons...so up to a full yard...

4- This is a polyester and is very textured.  It's a soft olive color.  I have 1 whole yard.

5-OK, This pic came out very light, but its the best I could get.  It's just a cream felt (not the pully kind) I have 3/4 yard

6-This is a blue felt... 1 yard total

7-This is a FQ. 100% cotton, yellow with orange design

8-This is a FQ also. 100% cotton, pinks and purples, crazy pattern.  Very nice in person.

9-This is an extra little bonus ( as apposed to only putting up 8  ).  This is a shaggy pinky with orange...Fluff.  I used it to make a monster wreath (got the idea from this wonderful web site)  I have pieces left...probably enough for 3/4 yard.  most of the pieces are fairly large, but not even squares.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 05:01:19 PM by ShaynaYasha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

""Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."- Eric Draven"
gavagai
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007 12:45:15 AM »

Normally, ShaynaYasha would be required to add more fabrics. Now this slight stalling is probably just due to the fact that we are still so few swappers. But feel free to add more fabrics anyway if you can/want to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007 12:46:24 AM »

I claim ShaynaYasha for 1 Yard of Blue "bandana" fabric!

List will follow in a minute...

You can of course also just take a FQ if more is available. And if you have any questions about any of the fabrics, just ask.

Photo 1

white probably linen/linen mix 29inch counts as halfyard

red self-dyed Ikea cotton(?) fabric; I can't remember which fabric it is, but it's stiffer than Ditte, halfyard

flowered circles, 100%cotton fabric from Ikea; more than a halfyard(but a bit is cut out so it counts as a halfyard)

red roses; presumely cotton, but really soft; 1 yard

red-white hearts(you can't see them in the photo, but there are tiny hearts); 100%cotton, dish cloth-like fabric; halfyard

photo 2

soft-purple with shells; really soft fabric; halfyard

checkerd purple; 100% cotton, but soft(I used it for a skirt); FQ(with a bit of remnants)

roses; cotton/cotton-mix; 1 yard

big flowers; cotton/popeline; halfyard(more like 25")

photo 3

Ikea fabric; 100% cotton; FQ

Ikea fabric; 100% cotton; halfyard

white-pink butterflies; cotton(?), it's pretty rough fabric not suitable for clothing; 1 yard

brown/green; cotton(?); FQ

photo 4

green with white flowers; cotton, rough table cloth fabric; 28"X34" count as FQ

green from Ikea; 100%cotton; halfyard

black with figures; 100%cotton; only 33 inch wide; 1yard

blue with flowers; 100% cotton, curtain fabric(actually a vintage curtain!); 2 FQ

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 11:30:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
gavagai
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007 03:05:59 AM »

Could you say anything about the figures on the black fabric. I can't really see them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007 03:14:59 AM »

Better yet, here's a close-up:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 11:31:39 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
gavagai
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007 03:26:11 AM »

Thank you! I like it, so I claim javede for

blue with flowers; 100% cotton, curtain fabric(actually a vintage curtain!); 2 FQ and black with figures; 100%cotton; only 33 inch wide; 1/2yard

Here is my new list of fabric. They're all cotton. I think that the ones on the bottom look blurrier than the ones on the top. Don't be fooled by that. It's just due to the image editing. And I have cut and pasted them together, so the scale might not be all accurate (but I tried to get them as equal as possible). Please ask if you need exact measurements. Combine any amount of them (FQ:s, half yards, 1 yard) up to a yard.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 03:47:12 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 3
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 4
How to do a Graduated Bob with Shattered Layer - Part 1
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...