A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wicked from Zephyr Style  (Read 33879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007 08:50:14 PM »

Anyone knitting this sweater? http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3974522So far I am loving it and have plans to make 2 of them! The one i'm working on right now is going to be long sleeved and without the pocket for my sister, here is where i'm at...

and the pretty cable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
jesdmill
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007 10:43:59 PM »

I'm working on Wicked right now.  I'm using Debbie Bliss merino aran, and my gauge is off a bit.  I'm planning to make the small and hoping it comes out like the extra small.  My math works out in my head, but it remains to be seen how it goes on the sweater!  Here's a picture of where I was yesterday... since then I've done lots more.  I really like this pattern!  I'm not sure about the pocket yet, although I'm leaning to yes, and I'm planning either 3/4 or long sleeves.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007 10:45:55 PM »

i'm using wool-ease in cranberry for my sister's, i just ordered malabrigo for mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
mooncalf
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007 01:19:08 AM »

I'm making this in RYC Soft Lux in pale blue that I bought on ebay. My gauge is so far off it isn't funny (20st/24) but by doing a lot more increase rows at the top I think I've got around it.

I cast on for the small size but increased so there are 180st in the body section and I've knit about 3 inches of that. I think I'm going to have to change the shaping too but I'll probably copy those used in Salina from Rowan Vintage Style as I've just finished that and it fits well.

My main worry is that I'll run out of yarn but I have 10 balls with 137 yards/125m so I'm hoing that will be enough even at a dk-type gauge.

If any more experienced knitters can see anything insane in my assumptions above please please stop me now before it all goes horribly wrong. I'm not a super-fast knitter and I'm expecting to spend about 3 weeks on this so I'd rather frog now than at the end!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007 08:28:21 AM »

I'll be in as soon as I can.  I have a couple of other small projects and I need to find a yarn.  I also think I'll do long sleeves with a pocket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007 08:46:33 AM »

This sweater looks so beautiful!

Do you think it's easy enough for a first sweater?

I can do cables no prob. and all that just never bothered with a sweater (the gauge scares me). Can't wait to see more progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
punkcatknitter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007 09:57:54 AM »

I have some Ry Cashsoft Aran I picked up for $2 a ball (woot!) I'm planning on using for this. Unfortunately I have two other top downs I really should do before I get to it... so count me sorta in for this. lol.

At the very least, I'm going to be haunting this thread to watch everyone's FO's... so far the finished ones just keep getting better and better looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

D.I.Winer
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007 11:03:51 AM »

I just bought this pattern!

I'm using it to bust my stash - I have a lot of wool ease, so I think I'll use it to make this - but I can tell already that I'll want another one in a nicer wool.

I'm going to cast on this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnittenChicken
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007 11:45:33 AM »

I've been dying to do this as well!
I've actually held off a while because I really, really want to use the recommended Artyarns, but every time I go to the yarn store, I spend $75 on OTHER things and can't bring myself to get the Artyarns in addition!
I think I'll jump in with a cheaper sub for now, and I can always do it in Artyarns later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesdmill
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007 11:52:40 AM »

Chloe - I think this would be great for a first sweater.  It's really simple, and it's top down so there's no seaming.  And we can all help you along if you get stuck!

Mooncalf - the best way to tell is to put the sweater on waste yarn and try it on.  I always do that as soon as I've separated the sleeves.  As long as the sleeves fit ok and you like where the neck falls I would imagine your ideas are fine. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Serge Normant Shows You How to Look Like Sofia Vergara
How to Do a Messy Mermaid Braid
Get Simple Beachy Summer Waves
Best Hair Care Products For Ethnic Hair
Beachy Waves for Short Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...