A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: arm warmers  (Read 15019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinerobot
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2005 06:54:32 PM »

So I finally got my hands on a digital camara.  Let's see if this works...I just made up the pattern for these. 
Yarn: Red Heart in an unknown color
Needles: US 5
Time needed: I worked on an off over a week
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/quincy134/armwarmers1.jpg

Those.  Are.  Fabulous.  You should totally make more and sell them (to me Grin).  You'd make tons of cash!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:08:42 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sand is overrated.  It's just tiny, little rocks.
Quincy134
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2005 11:51:35 AM »

Thanks for the compliment, cinerobot!  I was thinking of making a couple pairs to sell, but I haven't had the time lately. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mew
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2005 07:13:39 PM »

Actually, they look a lot like shortened versions of this:
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/mikado-gloves.html

But perhaps just change the central cable to a right twisting cable 8 stitches wide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2005 08:32:33 PM »

I. Love. These. Armwarmers.

I never thought myself capable of loving armwarmers, but there you have it. I love these ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quincy134
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2005 05:52:08 AM »

I did look at the mikado pattern when I made mine, but I decided that I did not like the thumb gusset (notice the holes in the picture) and that I would want them tighter.  And I was not as taken with the antler cable, so I replaced it with a 6 st cable.  So I think I cast on about 48 sts instead of 56, and then I worked decreases down much faster to about 38 sts.  When I got to the thumb, I worked make ones twisted instead of knitting/purling into the sts.  Then I had to cast on extra sts in order to get to a multiple of four for the end ribbing.  The key was swatching beforehand and watching how tight they were as I went.  They were pretty fast to knit, but I don't know if I will have the time to try again.  So many other things on my knit list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acesulfamek
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2005 03:10:18 PM »

I finally made a pair of armwarmers that I actually like and wear (though they aren't nearly as nice as some of the ones you all have made):

I used one skein of Koigu Kersti.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:09:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christinemichelle
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2005 03:44:17 PM »

Im starting my armwarmers just as soon as I finish this reply! (Of course Im doing the armwarmers, not the homework Ive put off all weekend Tongue)Ive never done them before, so hopefully they'll turn out okay. I'll try and get pictures up as soon as Im done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2005 07:43:51 AM »

these are all neato! ace, I LOVE the color of yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
bananalionscan
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2005 07:45:08 PM »

Here's my version of knitty's voodoo wristwarmers.  

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:07:42 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ERDrewHilda
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2005 09:15:07 PM »

hmm...i started the picot-edged fingerless gauntlets from the first issue of "knit.1"  a couple months ago but put them down for some odd reason (it wasn't because they were boring to knit!  i swear!)  you all have inspired me to finish them...i'll try to post a pic as soon as they are done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog "twisted stitches": http://erdrewhilda.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monstrumologist Book Trailer
A Loving Tribute to E. Lynn Harris
Richard Doetsch Talks About The 13th Hour
House Rules Book Trailer
Meet Author Mike Dooley
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...