A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper & Ephemera Swap R5  (Read 7538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2007 08:53:45 PM »

I was looking thru the gallery and noticed that I forgot to post the lovely goodies I received from Katxena (while I was gone last week)

first of all tons of foreign language book pages, calendar, music and diagram pages-I really LOVE using print and mostly have french so these are great!

lots of brochures, info pages, more interesting old book pages

maps, hell money, gorgeeous paper, chinese newspaper (I was down to my last couple of pages!)

lastly the bits and bobs-some really neat fabric at the top, stamps, asian clip art, shiny stuff , lace from her mom's wedding dress(!!!), a punch card (my kid took that-said he couldn't have me cutting it up Roll Eyes) and my favorite the blue paper with the numbers on it Smiley

Its a great package Katxena thanks so much for swapping with me and for organizing this shin dig-there's never enough paper and ephemera in my altered world Wink
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:08:37 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2007 09:02:09 PM »

Its a great package Katxena thanks so much for swapping with me and for organizing this shin dig-there's never enough paper and ephemera in my altered world Wink

I'm really glad you liked it all.  It's kind of astonishing looking at the pictures -- I didn't remember that it was so much.  I just kept adding more and more!

I had fun organizing this swap.  Now if only those last three packages would arrive!   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007 09:04:53 PM by Katxena » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimik
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007 06:51:19 AM »

Wow, Kaxtena and Alteredmommy, incredible packages, both!  It was fun looking through all your stuff.  I'm inspired to start hoarding again for the next swap  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007 06:56:05 AM »

Wow, Kaxtena and Alteredmommy, incredible packages, both!  It was fun looking through all your stuff.  I'm inspired to start hoarding again for the next swap  Smiley

Hoarding is good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007 07:16:07 AM »

"start" hoarding??  like I ever stop Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007 07:25:20 AM »

This morning, only 20 mins ago, my husband left a Gevalia coffee box on the table for me to "read." It was a Papua New Guinea flavor.

The gold pouch was so tempting - such a LARGE GOLDEN/SILVER mylar ephemera, and then I cut up the package.

Hubby just looked at me with woeful eyes. . . more "stuff" junking up the place. LOL.

I gave myself a "box" and that is all the further my ephemera can fit. And I actually sorted and organized it. <SHOCKERS>  Only 12"x12"x12". I decided for ATCs you only need bits and bobs. I don't know why he's complaining -- DO YOU???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007 07:46:36 AM »

I gave myself a "box" and that is all the further my ephemera can fit. And I actually sorted and organized it. <SHOCKERS>  Only 12"x12"x12". I decided for ATCs you only need bits and bobs. I don't know why he's complaining -- DO YOU???

Wow, that's restraint.  I have a whole *basement* for my stuff.  For Christmas, my husband gave me an "inbox" that sits on the coffee table where I (or more often he -- he's the neat one) collect all the bits I want to save and take downstairs. 

At first I was a little insulted, but he smoothly explained how this was going to make my life super-happy and was a better gift than kittens and money (he's silver-tongued, that one).  He was right -- it has made my life better.  Now I don't have to worry about him throwing out my good stuff.  The only problem is that he sometimes puts actual garbage in it, thinking it's something I meant to save.  That's better than the reverse though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007 06:57:11 PM »

Silly me, I forgot to post my pictures of all the beauteous loot I got from Kaos ages ago.... so in all it's glory:

fab hot pink patterned paper, coloured card, ephemera-y scraping paper & some brochures with gorgeous images in them

MORE fantastic patterned paper (which has already made it's way into some of my pieces) I love the measuring tapes!

Lovely ribbon, bits and bobs, a STACK of coloured handmade paper, tickets, chinese takeout receipt with the order written in chinese, ooh shiny too!

OHHHH and a bunch of lovely Greek, Russian and Chinese newspapers!!!

Thank you so much Kaos!  I love it all and it has really inspired me.  This swap was so amazing!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 04:03:20 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007 07:03:13 PM »

I'm so glad you liked it all! I had such a fun time putting the envie together! So much so that I'm organizing a similar swap! LOL. Can never have too much paper!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2007 06:37:39 AM »

All the packages have been received!  Thanks for making this such a fun, flake-free swap! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hollow Book Trailer
Barry Strauss Talks About The Spartacus War
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 3
Grug In The Wild Book Trailer
Douglas Carlton Abrams Talks About Eye of the Whale
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...