A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper & Ephemera Swap R5  (Read 6768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007 08:28:19 AM »

Since I love the beach, this sand castle was so cool. Need to make myself a beach collage for my wall using this as the base.

samann1121, everytime I look at this thread, the sand castle picture makes me pause.  I think I have one just like it.  Is it by any chance from a brochure about the Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach?  I made this ATC from a brochure I had from that festival
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=134862.msg1425044#msg1425044

and I swear it had that same exact picture of a sandcastle that you sent to sewknitter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007 10:50:02 AM »

samann1121, everytime I look at this thread, the sand castle picture makes me pause.  I think I have one just like it.  Is it by any chance from a brochure about the Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach?  I made this ATC from a brochure I had from that festival
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=134862.msg1425044#msg1425044

and I swear it had that same exact picture of a sandcastle that you sent to sewknitter.

LOL.... It's possible.  I don't remember exactly where it's from, but it was most likely a travel brochure of some kind.  I'd had it for about 4 years -- another great reason to pass it on.   Smiley

Oh, and I like that ATC.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2007 12:26:34 PM »

samann1121, everytime I look at this thread, the sand castle picture makes me pause.  I think I have one just like it. and I swear it had that same exact picture of a sandcastle that you sent to sewknitter.

Okay, let me describe the sandcastle better for you. It is card stock. Printed on both sides. The backside is a mirror image of the front side.

The sand is very intriquely carved.

I've made a zip file of closeups for you:

http://home.comcast.net/~sewknitter/sandcastle.zip

hope you get the answers that you need!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007 05:13:06 PM »

Hmmm.... it looks very similar to what I remember from mine (I can't find it to save my life). But it seems a bit different too -- maybe it was made by the same sculptor or something.

Thanks so much for uploading the pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007 05:35:11 PM »

I received from alteredmommy.  Hold on to your hats!

The best things in the package were a few bits that AM herself made.  Here are some ATC bases that are painted, what I think is a packing tape transfer, and the start of an ATC that she was making for me for another swap and rejected.  She also sent me a beautiful picture of the Eiffel Tower that she took on a trip.  Of these, only the picture is finished -- the others are a starting place.

Next up are some Mexican items:  loteria cards, a postcard, a calendar page and a Virgin of Guadalupe notebook.  I love the Virgin notebook -- I think I'm going to use it as a journal rather than make something of it.  The Virgin rocks.  I giggled when I saw the calendar page because I sent alteredmommy a similar page from my 2006 calendar!  Smiley

Vintage ads.  One of the full sized pages appears to be from 1927, and the other is a bit older.  The photocopy is awesome -- I'm much less afraid to use it than the real things!  Smiley

Various texts.  There's German and French, and best of all -- pages from an Arabic newspaper.  How cool is that?  Also, the little calendar page in the front that says January 16 is awesome.  It's about Prohibition, which I wrote my dissertation about.  I was so delighted to see this!

Various papers.  There are cool embossed scrapbook pages here, some wallpaper, some neat patterned papers, and some fantastic handmade papers.  These are so textured and lovely in real life. 

Images.  I had told alteredmommy that I didn't have a lot of images to use as focal points for ATCs and other projects.  She solved that problem for me!  This pile has tons of images in it, some vintage, some from books, some from magazines, some from who knows where.  I've already used one of these today!  Smiley

Bits and bobs.  She sent some really neat little bits -- some itty-bitty-teeny-weeny buttons, a tarot card, some words from a magazine, some copper-colored paper and stickers, a beautiful napkin, and some "donald trump" money that I assume is from a game (and that totally cracks me up).

And last but not least, some vintage maps.  I really like the colors on these.

Thanks Alteredmommy!  You are a great partner.  I love all my new ephemera!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflie

Rambunctious & Machismo, my chilluns

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2007 06:46:01 PM »

What an INCREDIBLE package you've got there, Kat! Great job, alteredmommy! After working so hard to organize this swap for everyone, K. deserved a wonderful package, and now she has one. Wondermous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanna swap ATCs? PM me!!

My wistlist: http://www.wists.com/butterflie

Green Glass Door ATC Swappe! Join it! You know you want to! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156704.0
bonbonz101
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007 01:49:24 PM »

Ditto that, butterflie! Newspapers and various prints in different languages are great ephemera to get your hands on  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from a long hiatus!
PM me about personal swaps Tongue

Wists: http://www.wists.com/bonbonz101
Style blog: http://mypolychromelife.blogspot.com
Check out my vintage Etsy store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6023310

Smiley
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007 01:51:55 PM »

I received from raina.storms today!! I'll post pictures when I get back from night class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007 07:06:05 AM »

I spent last night sitting in the middle of my living room floor organizing all my new stuff!  It's so fun to play with paper!

I've updated the swap record on page 1 of this thread.  Please check it for me, and if I've indicated that you have feedback, please verify that you do.  If there are any mistakes in anything, please let me know.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=148066.msg1463018#msg1463018
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007 09:01:31 AM »

I received from SewKnitter a couple days ago.  I got quite the haul!  Check it out:

Random bits of paper, packaging, magazines, stickers, and a LEGO MAGAZINE!  Which is awesome... I haven't seen one of those in quite a while (since I moved out of my parents' and can't sneak looks at my little brother's.  Cheesy)

Some pages about classical music, some bits and bobs, and a children's book "The Water Babies" -- the illustrations are amazing!

Close up of the bits and bobs -- stamps from all over the world, sequins, butterflies -- fun stuff!

Paper!  Including...

Some cool Asian paper (for origami?) and some awesome awesome awesome vintage baby and graduation wrapping papers.  (This is the kind of stuff I swoon over.)

Stickers I'd been eyeing at the Hobby Lobby for the longest time (yes!!) and this incredible handmade paper -- yes, that's a real butterfly wing!

Some book illustrations, and sheet music of "O Canada" (how did you know I'm a Canadaphile??)

Some of the illustrations -- from "The Constant Reader".  These are awesome, especially since I AM a constant reader.   Grin

So, I pretty much totally made out like a bandit.  Thanks Cara!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 02:13:57 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Photography Editing Software
Flash Photography Techniques
How to Make Your Own Camera Dolly
Maternity Photography, A Really Cool Job
How to Take Cute Baby Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...