A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hattssss!  (Read 11215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2007 12:03:58 PM »

here are a few hats I've made lately. I know there are loads more because, well, I'm a hat freak. But these are the only ones I've got pictures of:

I've also got another one of these in cream, and I'm making another in maroon.

http://www.roman-a-clef.net/giganticpost/newsboy1.jpg

I'm making another one of these in black for a woman in one of my classes. Grin

http://www.roman-a-clef.net/giganticpost/crosshatch1.jpg

I think this one is going to go to one of my friends for her birthday, but I don't know.

http://www.roman-a-clef.net/giganticpost/pinknwhite.jpg

My bandwidth is all funky right now, so if the pics dont work, thats why!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012 02:59:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
Ezri_B
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007 12:39:04 PM »

Love Love Love these hats! I am also a huge hat fan. I hate doing this, but do you have patterns for these? Or guides. I love the first one the most. The bottom one looks similar to a scarf I've been wanting to make.

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007 12:42:18 PM »

Love Love Love these hats! I am also a huge hat fan. I hate doing this, but do you have patterns for these? Or guides. I love the first one the most. The bottom one looks similar to a scarf I've been wanting to make.

Great job!

I actually dont have an tuts made up, but they were really easy. The brimmed one is FPDC and BPDC. There are 16 "spokes".. its basically like a normal hat, but with the spokes. When i got to the end, I decreased a bunch on the front to make it floppier, then added the brim based on one of the tutes floating around here (the tam pattern tute, I think?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007 12:59:41 PM »

Yeah, hats are good! And these 3 are excellent! I'm planning a hat for myself at the moment and it's good to see lots of different ones for inspiration. Keep taking pictures with you in them though, those polystyrene heads freak me out! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007 01:01:35 PM »

Yeah, hats are good! And these 3 are excellent! I'm planning a hat for myself at the moment and it's good to see lots of different ones for inspiration. Keep taking pictures with you in them though, those polystyrene heads freak me out! Shocked

HAH! yeah, I hat the expression on its face. She looks like a skeleton! its creepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pretty in Pink
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007 01:16:11 PM »

I need to learn how to crochet so I can make funky hats like these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007 01:26:24 PM »

I actually dont have an tuts made up, but they were really easy. The brimmed one is FPDC and BPDC. There are 16 "spokes".. its basically like a normal hat, but with the spokes. When i got to the end, I decreased a bunch on the front to make it floppier, then added the brim based on one of the tutes floating around here (the tam pattern tute, I think?)
That helps alot, now just to clarify it in my head to make sure I am understanding you.... you do back post double crochet for all but the spokes which are front double? I don't do a whole lot of post work (obviously I should!) so I don't always recognize it right away. Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007 01:31:13 PM »

That helps alot, now just to clarify it in my head to make sure I am understanding you.... you do back post double crochet for all but the spokes which are front double? I don't do a whole lot of post work (obviously I should!) so I don't always recognize it right away. Thanks

yup, exactly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007 01:51:52 PM »

Lovely hats!! One can never have too many.  I am especially enamored of the second one.  What is (are) the stitch(es)?

I agree with Angry Angel, I DEFINATELY prefer your pretty face to the fake head, they totally freak me out.   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rina
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007 03:57:22 PM »

Ditto!  Hate those creepy heads!  The hats look so much cuter on vanillaxlight. 

I love those hats!  Especially the ones using front post/back post stitching.  Thanks for the explanation--I've been doing ones with front posts for ribbing, but the back post work adds another great textural dimension.  What kind of yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my yarncraft blog, RedCrochet.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Omar Tyree Talks About Being a Writer
Matthew Van Fleet Discusses the Concepts Behind His Books Cat and Dog
Author John Ruane Discusses His Inspiring New Book Parish the Thought
Author Matthew Aaron Goodman Discusses the Inspiration Behind His Book
Christopher Rice on His Book Blind Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...