A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lace Shawl Patten Suggestions?  (Read 1138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

detritus
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007 03:12:36 PM »

I just started on the flower petal shawl from elann. It's really great! The lace pattern is easily memorized and to keep track of wear you are. I wanted to knit something lacy but I didn't want to constantly be checking a chart and getting all tense worrying about making mistakes. If you decide to do that one, though, be forewarned that almost everyone who has made one wishes it was wider. I cast on 6 stitches instead of 4, and am repeating each pattern repeat 6 times instead of 4.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lana2
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007 09:13:54 AM »

Quick thread hijack:

Oooo...I totally want to try this pattern.  What yarn are you using?  And can you post a picture?  Thanks for the tip about the sizing, where did you read that?

I just started on the flower petal shawl from elann. It's really great! The lace pattern is easily memorized and to keep track of wear you are. I wanted to knit something lacy but I didn't want to constantly be checking a chart and getting all tense worrying about making mistakes. If you decide to do that one, though, be forewarned that almost everyone who has made one wishes it was wider. I cast on 6 stitches instead of 4, and am repeating each pattern repeat 6 times instead of 4.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunflowerfairy
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007 08:28:40 AM »

Was it the Forest Canopy Shawl??

http://knittingasfastasican.com/forest-canopy-shoulder-shawl/

I posted my fo a few months ago I think. It was done in pink though, not red.

Here's the link to my blog post about it. http://sunflowerfairyknits.blogspot.com/2006/09/forest-canopy-shawl-done.html

I couldn't find the post I did on here.

It is a super easy lace pattern and beautiful! It's not free, but I couldn't find any other lace patterns for beginners that actually makes something useful, plus I've read Susan's blog for a long time and I knew that her pattern would be well done.

It teaches you how to use charts and has the written directions, tells you how to fix mistakes, how to pick yarns, etc.

I highly recommend it. She is supportive too. I had a question and she responded to my email very quickly.

Let me know if this helps!

Sunflowerfairy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

detritus
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007 11:06:03 PM »

Regarding the flower petal shawl, I searched craftster and I guess there was a KAL awhile back. Almost everyone agreed it was too narrow. I don't know what yarn I'm using because it was gifted to me by my boyfriend's mom (stash reduction) and it was a bulk skein w/o a brand name. It's 100% alpaca, fingering weight. It started out really boring tan color, so I dyed it a really subtle variegated green. Photos (plus for info) are on my blog, www.stringandsticks .blogspot.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Volumizing Hair Powder
How To Get A Segmented High Ponytail
How To Tease Your Hair Properly
9 Lies About Your Hair You Probably Believe
How to Get the Sock Bun Look
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...