A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dragons Rule!  (Read 37214 times)
Tags for this thread: dragon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2007 11:03:11 PM »

OOooo its a cutie SheriB626 Smiley  I really like the color you picked.

Welcome to craftster Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
MarjorieCrochets
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2007 02:23:00 AM »

This is my very first post to Craftster, and I'm stoked that it's for this awesome, awesome pattern.  I've been waiting to make this dragon for a little while now, and I'm so happy I finally did it!

Since I'm so new, I can't embed images, so please follow these links to view my little guy (who remains unnamed!):

http://rustyspork.net/files/misc/IMG_6335a.jpg
http://rustyspork.net/files/misc/IMG_6333a.jpg
http://rustyspork.net/files/misc/IMG_6332a.jpg

I love him SO MUCH!  Thank you for this great pattern, Marjorie!

Welcome to Craftster! Your dragon turned out AWESOME! He is quite the handsome gent, you should be proud of him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SheriB626
Stuff on my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2007 02:55:26 PM »

Still too few posts to embed images, but I've made two more of Marjorie's lovely dragons.

This one is for a friend.  I eventually posed him like the blue one.

And with my original

This one is for my mom for Mother's Day.  She said she wanted a dragon, and I know how nuts she is about Disney, so I made her a Mickey Mouse-inspired dragon.

EDITed to turn the links into images. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007 09:00:32 AM by SheriB626 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly <3
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2007 03:11:14 PM »

The Mickey dragon is a riot!

Now, somewhere in the mess that I call home, I have a baggie filled with dragon parts, minus the scales and wings. Now, I really need to dig it out and finish it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
wwrich
« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2007 06:55:39 PM »

The Mickey dragon is a riot!
Just got back from Disney World yesterday.  I wish I had seen that before I left.....

I have the majority of parts for both a purple and a pink dragon in my purse right now.  I could NOT get the purple yarn to cooperate with the wooden crochet hook that I brought with me to the airport for the flights to Disney.  In the hotel room, I found the metal crochet hook that I packed in my suitcase, but didn't have enough light to see the dark purple yarn, so started a pink one.  Put the crochet hook in my pocket for airport security on the way back, and was crocheting in pink for the return trip in the Orlando, Atlanta and Chicago-Midway airports.  The waitress at dinner last night was enchanted with the pink dragon parts too. 

I still need a purple body, one purple ear, all of the pink ear/ridges, part of one pink arm, and all of the eye-ridge pieces.  Then I will need to run through the sew them all together parts.

The pieces look to be about the right shape, but I still think I must be doing something wrong.  My yarns are both kind of fuzzy, and its really tough to see individual stitches.  I find that doing things "by feel", I tend to have more stitches in each round than I should.  So, for an "even" row (no increases or decreases), I tend to be doing the "last stitch" a stitch or two before the "last stitch" in the previous round.  I have been "correcting" by skipping a stitch here and there.  Any other suggestions?  Is anyone else having this sort of problem?

I did make my first parts in a yarn that was easier to see individual stitches on, but that one didn't come out anywhere near as cute as the fuzzier yarns did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
ThreadBear
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2007 02:33:32 AM »

Hi, I had so much fun, making my first dragon, who, by the way is in green camoflage varigated wool, so he really looks like he's got scales. I called him Ralph. When I crochet, I do it a really wierd, so the wool is coming in from the right rather than the left. I guess it's cos I've been knitting for so long, that I can't change which side the wool comes in and anyway it feels wierd trying to hold it in my left hand. I don't think my brain is set right, or should that be left....lol!!! This basically means that everything I crochet is inside out, but it so cool, cos it helps them look like they've got proper scales.
Any-who since Ralph, who holds my scissors, I've made Ivor whose a red Welsh dragon with grey ears and spikes, favourite snack food is Leeks and likes to hang on things eg. bedroom door handle! Fragon (named by my sister) whose from up North so he's a varigated white to blue dragon, he found some roses and thought that they would make a nice present and then Charlotte, she's varigated light to dark turquoise colour. She's Fragons' cousin and she wears a Tiara (that my sister made for her) and likes to grown sunflowers along side the roses in the Palace Gardens.

Thank you so much for the best Pattern in the world ever for Dragons!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharr
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2007 03:41:54 AM »

I saw this over at Crochetville, it's awesome!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2007 09:16:13 AM »

I love this pattern!!  I actually saw the link on crochetville also and I made one for my son (he's 3-almost 4).  He loves him so much.  I can't express how thankful I am for people who come up with patterns and then have the generosity to post them for free.  Thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
phreec
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2007 11:01:02 AM »

thank you, so much, MarjorieCrochets, for this pattern and tut!! not sure if this thread is still being observed (well, i found it, so i guess it IS, lol!), but when i get one done, i'll share pics Smiley  and if THAT one works out, i'm thinking mini christmas dragon ornaments! yay! and to the ones who made and shared their own; they're all so darned cute!! thanks to all of you! i'm running off now to process all of this inspiration!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2007 09:38:20 PM »

Wow your baby dragon is cute. I saw some of your other stuff too. You sure are talented. I can't wait to "hatch" my own baby dragon. I have a request for a pattern. How about a Griffin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The One Place Technique in Sudoku
How to Finish Sudoku
How to Guess in Sudoku
The Scanning Technique in Sudoku
The Double Scanning Technique in Sudoku
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...