A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [ACCEPTED] Machine Embroidery board?  (Read 7509 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008 04:06:43 AM »

i am too! same name! cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008 02:29:04 PM »

same here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008 11:59:27 AM »

I would love a machine embroidery board. People seem to think its just plug it in and away it goes, but I've had to sit for over two hours to make my machine stitch a dragon onto the back of my boyfriends shirt, repeatedly rethreading the needle and sorting out problems. It takes more experience to machine embroider than hand embroider. I could embroider from about 6 years old, but it took a while to learn to use my machine satisfactorily.

There are lots of ways to be creative with this, including with the free software such as thred and wilcom embroidery truesizer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
rwolfe
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008 12:25:57 PM »

I too love machine embroidery!
Ruth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gump
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008 12:30:20 PM »

I too would like to see a machine embroidery board.
Gump
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sew
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008 12:57:10 PM »

If there were a board just for us ME'ers, I would post more often. I don't frequent this board much anymore, because there is no place to post for the ME and sewing type of things I do. I think if the hand embroiderers can have a board, why can't machine embroiderers have one of our own?

Think about it, there would be a lot of activity on this board if we had our own subject IMHO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008 01:06:05 PM »

I also do machine embroidery I got a Pfaff 2170 for X-mas and I love doing embroidery on it.

It would be nice to see a board just for machine embroidery too. It is quite different from hand embroidery, and I don't feel it's any less important than any other craft on here. It's a lot more than just plop and drop. M E allows me too do things I could not have done otherwise creatively with my sewing projects. And as soon as I save up enough funds I'm buying thr 4-D suite so I can digitize my own designs Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsweet
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008 03:03:19 PM »

I am marlou on sewforum. I belonged here for quite a while before I joined sewforum. I bought an embroidery machine around July '07, am still learning. I have not read all the posts on this thread but I have to say in my opinion, machine embroidery is NOT just hit the button & the machine does the work. There is a lot of planning &  setting up & WORK involved. My son does some carpentry, When I started he asked why I didn't set up at some sales around here & embroidery. Well I didn't want to do just some Initials I wanted to do  several designs merged. He said I didn't have to measure or anything involved, but it is involved when you do a very big design. Not that easy IMHO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Betsyam
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008 03:14:32 PM »

I am Cheyney's Aunt on SewForum.  I love reading the boards-they are so helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchandtell
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008 07:14:23 PM »

Yeah!!!  I think I found all of you that listed yourselves as members or gave your alternate personality at sewforum. Wink  I would love to see a machine embroidery thread here - and maybe offer some insight to those who aren't sure about how to approach ME.  Some think "that is not crafting, there is no challenge to it", and some think "well, anyone can do that" - but for those of use that push the envelope in the ME world - the results can be AMAZING!!  So, join me in keeping up this thread - we need a voice!!  I am sure there are many other M E's lurking on these boards.....

Add your creations to this thread - lets show off our skills!  I posted my latest project in the holiday threads - not knowing whether or not this particular craft was accepted here.  But the replies were positive, and lots more were at least curious as to see how they were created.  How many of us quilt - and merge in our embroidery into the process?  Do you use your skills to digitize and create OOAK art creations - maybe with other craft skills such as needle felting, painting, beading, crocheting or any other one of a million crafting styles?  Let see it!  Smiley  (I will post mine as soon as I can get down the stairs - hopefully in the next week, I am missing my studio...Sad )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Milano Cookies Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Jean Jacket Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Pencil Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Wall Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...