A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know what I mean...  (Read 20225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stephTOKYO
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2008 04:38:50 PM »

The other day my mother wanted to kill me for reconstructing an old shirt that DIDN'T fit her anymore into a cute top that would flatter her.
Go figure  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2008 07:42:16 PM »

The other day my mother wanted to kill me for reconstructing an old shirt that DIDN'T fit her anymore into a cute top that would flatter her.
Go figure  Undecided

Maybe she was holding onto it for when it would fit again? Though if it's better than it was before....   Is she over it yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2008 12:34:54 AM »

She probably just didn't like you doing it without asking.  That would bother me too, someone just going into my closet and reconstructing clothes.  It's like stealing, even though you meant well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stephTOKYO
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2008 11:59:01 AM »

She probably just didn't like you doing it without asking.  That would bother me too, someone just going into my closet and reconstructing clothes.  It's like stealing, even though you meant well.

Yeah, now that I think of it this way, that is probably why she got mad.

After she calmed down she said she liked it better now than before, even when it fit her so its alright now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2008 12:48:55 PM »

All's well that ends well!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs_Boats

Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009 10:45:01 AM »

We had a coal stove when I was a kid. We used to save all of our crayon ends, put them in a soup can and put them on the stove to melt them and make crayon 'cakes'. Do you know what burned crayons smell like, when you accidentally tip them over into the hot stove? Ick.

My husband's adventured with wax were a little more adventurous. It was the 70's, and he'd gotten a candle-making kit for Christmas. His mom said she'd help when she got home from work (she was a teacher, and would have gotten home right after he did) but he and his friend decided to get set up early. So they put *all* of the paraffin in the only pan they could find to fit and turned the heat all the way so it would hurry up and melt. (You see where this is going, I'm sure. Cheesy) Not only did it melt, but it went up in a huge rush of flame. Hubby says they didn't panic-they were Boy Scouts! So they dumped water on it, which did put the fire out, but also splattered hot wax *everywhere*, including on the ceiling.

My MIL says she knew there was a problem when both kids met her in the driveway when she got home.  Roll Eyes The boys scrubbed the heck out of the kitchen (for *days* to hear Hubby tell it) but in the end, they had to redo the kitchen. It wasn't until fairly recently that MIL fessed up-they'd been planning on redoing the kitchen anyway. The wax job just hurried things along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sing like no one is listening
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one can see you
Live like its heaven on earth
Dize
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2009 10:43:57 PM »

My mum never crafted (the poor soul) i however loved drawing
on the floor of my closet, graffiti-ing the side of the house
with bug spray (still clear as day after numerous cleanings and about
seven years), and of course listening to my mum cooking advice. My poor
burned pancakes. Why did she say add a cup of chocolate chips i can
never get them to not burn that way. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You think it's funny that I knit?
Yes, say that the the person
with the pointy needles.
raslalique
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009 03:18:32 PM »

The very first thing I ever sewed was a top out of an "ugly" striped top my mother used to wear. God bless her. She never even told me she was mad about me cutting up her (what I know now was her favourite) top until years later. She was happy and proud that I had made something for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009 11:05:05 AM »

I don't recall having any crafty mishaps as a kid. My parents (my whole family actually) were really supportive of my crafty nature, buying me kits and supplies for birthdays and such. I never gave myself a bad haircut, though I did use eyeshadow to paint myself and my brother up as Ninja Turtles. Mom thought it was hilarious Tongue When I discovered my dad's old camo cream-stick from when he was in the military, it made the Ninja Turtle game even better!

I do distinctly remember when I was about 3.5 years old I somehow thought it would be a good idea to thoroughly cover a Glow Worm in cold cream. My brother was still an infant and I think I saw my mom slather it on his bum and thought my Glow Worm could use some Tongue She was less than impressed because she couldn't get it all off! I was actually pretty ashamed about ruining a perfectly good toy, even though mom was annoyed and sad, not mad. Or maybe because she was annoyed and sad... I was always really careful with my toys after that. Well, except for the GIJoe who's leg elastic broke. Mom couldn't figure out how to fix him (and she tried!) so bro and I buried him in the yard in a little toilet-paper-tube coffin. He's still under the cedar tree somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009 11:07:36 AM »

I never did anything too too bad, but one year I tried to do something with a Christmas ornament and ended up messing it up and hiding it under my bed for like a year .It was one that was covered in string (not even a fancy one, the kind you get in a 12-pack at Wal-mart) and all the string came off. I was convinced that I could put it all back on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...