A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You know what I mean...  (Read 18260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007 07:17:53 PM »

Hehe... when I was small (3-ish?) my mom had a "baby book" for me, basically a scrapbook with stickers that you could put on different pages, to commemorate little milestones in my life, etc. Well one day I found it and decided to "help", haha... which meant I just took ALL the stickers and stuck them all over the book!! I remember my mother being a little upset, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
ruwena
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007 10:25:38 PM »

When I was 3, a couple of my parents friends came over for dinner.  After we ate I asked to be excused to wash my hands.  It was taking me so long so my Dad came to check on me.  My parents were very upset to find out that I had given myself a hair cut lol.  My Dad had a mustache and he left his trimming scissors out by accident...I just wanted to see if they could cut...at least thats what I'm told because I've only seen the pictures.

Rock is dead.  Long live scissors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rogue Butterfly
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007 10:20:28 AM »

When I was 10 my dad and I built a treehouse together (really just a platform with a railing) so my friends and I decided to "furnish" it.  We got beach chairs, a carboard box, a circle particle board table top, a bathmat I figured nobody wanted since it sat in the dusty un-used extra bathroom, plus some other random stuff that seemed unwanted.

We kept everything in the cardboard box with the tabletop over to protect from mild weather, but then came a week of non-stop rain.  We of course abandoned the tree house for warmer and drier pastimes and forgot about the "furnishings".  Needless to say when the missing items were discovered, the parents weren't happy.

If my future kids are anything like me or my fiance (god forbid they take up my fiance's childhood pyromania), we're going to have to keep a big box of scraps and junk items just for them to play with and destroy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007 10:40:42 AM »

oh yeah, for sure! I remember when I was about 3-4 I would draw on the walls in the back hall all the time ---- I would be so involved in drawing that I would totally forgot that I wasn't allowed to draw on the walls. I would catch myself when it was too late. (And yup, my kids have done the same... Tongue)

Also I remember going into my mom's fabric stash (was sort of OK, depending on the fabric) and finding a black skirt that she had NEVER worn so I figured it was totally fair game. She was furious because she was just planning to look for it for a special event.... OOOPS....  Roll Eyes

I was always digging through the various stashes that she had -- buttons, old jewellry, beads, you name it. I probably did a few crafts that I "wasn't supposed to"... but with that much temptation who could resist? (Hmmm... maybe that's why I give my kids their own stashes of cool stuff! LOL)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
TrentSketch
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007 08:25:42 PM »

My mom runs a ceramics business.  Thanks to one particularly fruitful afternoon of cleaning (see: destroying beyond recognition) greenware, I wasn't allowed to help her with greenware until I turned 20, and even then it was bregrudgingly.

And I still break pieces regularly: only now I call it customization Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merope
Hello I'm Lelah

With these hands, I will craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007 06:10:42 AM »

I used to take my Mom's good soap and melt it down in a frying pan *on the stove*, making my "own" soap. What can I say, I was a bored latch-key kid with no cable tv or even homework to occupy me. Smiley

When she found out I was in BIG trouble. You know how she found out? The smell. But it was a very nice smell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blastkiss

GO GO POWERANGERS!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007 02:17:09 PM »

I once was doing some cutting and pasting at the dining room table (still preschool aged then) and as I was cutting I accidentally cut through my mom's 'good' table cloth! She wasn't particularly mad, maybe because I felt really bad about it, and she just sewed it right back up. We still have it, and I still feel bad about it!

Also, my brother used to cut holes in our curtains so that his GI-Joes could swing from them. That my mother wasn't particularly fond of! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

linzo

yep, I'm holding a rooster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007 05:47:58 PM »

definetly destroyed many things "using" my moms paints... I was more or less just squirting them on everything thought would look good with some paint.
my younger sister drew and wrote on everything, including signing every card my mom got for her baby shower for me. Nothing was left undecorated... she is 21 now and not much has changed.

I also frequently got in trouble for playing with my grandmas antique spinning wheel... still tempts me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/linzo

...but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see...
- Neutral Milk Hotel
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007 10:04:18 PM »

That's the reason why I haven't tried clothing recons yet. Cheesy I'm afraid I'll mess up a shirt that I paid for that was sort of good to begin with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
white trash hero
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007 07:35:00 AM »

i cut apart my mums laura ashley suit....without asking

this was a couple of months ago so at least i made a cute ruched pencil shirt and cropped blazer...but a darent wear it cos when im about to she says "is that the remains of my laura ashley suit?" in a very angry tone
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Decorative Yarn Orbs
How to Make an Easter Nest Ornament
How to Make a Simple Easter Egg Drying Rack
Rustic Floral Arrangements for Easter
DIY Colorful Foiled Eggs for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...