A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stash-Be-Gone-Along?  (Read 66629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #630 on: January 23, 2008 12:41:27 AM »

I'm joining this.  I'll take pics of my stash later... fr now let it be known that my stash is being methodically done away with! I'm thinking of continuing my efforts to knit and crochet for charity... you can make practically anything and someone probably is  in need of it!  Plus, I can make cute baby stuff without having to replace my friends' birthcontrol pills with Pez.  They get kinda ticked about that.

JK. Off to de-stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
mom2blu
« Reply #631 on: January 23, 2008 10:32:18 AM »

I am sooo in on this one! I was already working on this. Wanna hear how crazy my stash is?
I have 3 wooden crates so full I can't stack them
2 hanging sweater organizers in teh closet (the plastic zip-up 6 compartment kind) so ful I can hardly zip them
1 giant plastic bin full
countless boxes full (boxes of various sizes, but I have like 6 of them)
a plastic tub full

Not to mention the various bags full stashed here and there

so I've been working on stash busting stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
mooshie
« Reply #632 on: January 23, 2008 01:29:01 PM »

well I don't have nearly as much of a stash as you mom2blu, so I don't feel so bad about my recent purchase.  and I just finished a purse and slippers that needed to be felted, and I just casted on for a sweater.  and I plan to print a few more washcloth patterns and finish up my cotton stash soon. 

I only have enough to fill a 3 drawer sterilite tote thingy (the small drawers not the huge ones) and a lot of that is remainders from acrylic yarn I got from my mom.  um... maybe a little more than that with what I have for the jacket I plan to make. but that's it! I swear! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2blu
« Reply #633 on: January 23, 2008 02:57:13 PM »

Wow, does one three drawer cart even count as a stash?Huh?

My mom was a yarnaholic when she crocheted, she switched the quilting at the same time that I started knitting and crocheting. So on top of my yarniholism she gave me all her leftover yarnihol. So my insane stash was a joint effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #634 on: January 23, 2008 05:36:24 PM »

Wow, does one three drawer cart even count as a stash?Huh?

My mom was a yarnaholic when she crocheted, she switched the quilting at the same time that I started knitting and crocheting. So on top of my yarniholism she gave me all her leftover yarnihol. So my insane stash was a joint effort.

yarnihol.. bahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #635 on: January 25, 2008 09:44:22 AM »

so are you saying that I don't have what qualifies as a "stash" and am free to buy all the yarn I want!??  Grin I'd be okay with that! lol!!

but just in case I'm working on a sweater too.  and I'll be making socks next week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

In character at all times

« Reply #636 on: January 25, 2008 10:16:29 AM »

if anyone is looking to get rid of some yarn they don't want, but dont' want to waste it, I am participating with a group in the Warm Up America contest, and we need to make the most squares as a group to win!  If we win, we are going to donate yarn and supplies to shelters that use them.

If you want to make squares or want to send yarn, please PM me and I will give you the address for the squares or the yarn.  If you're interested in joining the group, also let me know.

The squares should be 7x9 inches. I plan to use a loooooot of leftovers on them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
mom2blu
« Reply #637 on: January 26, 2008 01:20:25 PM »

Well I'm down 4 balls. I made a swatch cap, and then started a sweater. That'll take care of a small box of yarn byt he time I'm done. I also signed up for the great knit washcloth along. Where the goal is to make 50+ washcloths over the course of the year, so that will help.  Espeically since I want to make cotton, wool, and nylon washlocths (individually not a combo of the three. although....)

I also had a site bookmarked (my computer ate my bookmarks)where she made GLORIOUS free formed style items. She really inspires you to use up those odd balls. She even had a cool knit a long for a free form funky sweater. I'm hoping the site is still bookmarked on my hubbys computer.  I WILL find that website again! If only I could remember how I found it to begin with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

« Reply #638 on: January 26, 2008 05:31:31 PM »

Cheesy So, I too am finishing off projects! A baby hat in my lap will be done in the next 15 min. A DK skull scarf for a friend, and another pair of socks..... all done.
Thank goodness, now I have to get that shawl done and work on some dishcloths too.... I have tons of cotton!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

« Reply #639 on: January 27, 2008 01:27:53 AM »

finished another owl hat...

this used up the full skein of Vanna's Choice, or what I think is a full skein!  When I was getting down the decreases, I thought I'd run out of yarn, but whew the yarn made it.  I don't know what I would have done if I ran out... would have have to purchase another full skein just to finish it... well it's a good thing I didn't have to deal with that.

I'm thinking I want to make a baby hat of this pattern...

Although I destashed one skein, another lovely skein came in the mail for me. I joined the blue moon fiber sock yarn club, and today the first shipment came in, so... I guess I didn't really destash, just uh... balancing out the yarn totals?!

yes yes, I will try harder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bread Pudding Recipe with Raisins and Rum Sauce
Bakery Goes Pink For Breast Cancer Awareness
How to Make a Sweet Raspberry Smoothie
Lynn Mansel: Serving Innovation
5 Halloween Cupcake Ideas to Try
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...