A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stash-Be-Gone-Along?  (Read 72151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2007 11:13:50 AM »

snarkymarmoset> I totally second that!! what an amazing blanket!
Way to go!
april_cocaine> you guys rock! I gotta get to that crochet thing! LOL Cheesy

Give me strength............... I must continue to de-stash!!!
No buying yarn yet......MUST REFRAIN!  Lips sealed eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2007 01:23:19 PM »

Thanks for the compliments (on the hat and the kid) - I'm pretty proud of both of them Smiley

wifeofbath: You could totally make a viking hat for your daughters. Afterwards, just take several strands of yellow yarn and braid it and attach it to the sides - girl vikings! (Wish I could take credit for that idea, but I saw it somewhere and thought it was a great idea)

So on to new business. First, the good news:

I just finished another pair of socks, which I am completely in love with. I call them my "Candy Corn Socks" because that's what the colors remind me of  Cheesy

The bad news:
I had a little accident in the yarn store and bought two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn. I got the color "Blackwatch", which can be seen here.

Sigh... you win some, you lose some...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2007 02:05:26 PM »

Oh wow, I just found this thread and it's PERFECT because I'd just decided earlier this week I was going to be a "good girl" and use up the yarn in my stash before allowing myself to buy yarn for new projects!  So I'm totally in on this knitalong.

My yarn stash isn't all that big (I'll post photos tonight).  I have one large basket full of nothing but Sugar 'n Creme cotton yarn in every imaginable color.  (I'm a tad obsessed with knitting dish cloths for some reason.)  And I have another very big basket full and two small plastic baskets full of yarn.  I'm hoping to nip the growing stash in the bud before it gets out of hand, haha.  I also thought maybe it would be a good excuse to make things for Christmas gifts or maybe to start putting some things in my Etsy shop.

This is the first thing I've been working on -- mittens using Berocco Ultra Alpaca yarn in "blueberry mix" (I only had one ball of it).  It's really beautiful yarn, the mitten picture doesn't nearly do it justice. The mittens are a pattern from One Skein Wonders

Here's a better look at the yarn (on the left):

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007 02:06:56 PM by mandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2007 02:58:29 PM »

Those mittens are looking good mandi, I might knit myself a pair.

crazydoglady - you're allowed to fall off the wagon, you've stash-busted alot recently!

I made a stash-busters group on Raverly if anyone's interested. I'm Sareth on there Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandi
Knit-Addict

Knit-Addict

« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2007 07:20:29 PM »

@ april_cocaine - Thanks!  They're the first mittens I've ever knit.  I didn't like the type of increase the pattern called for though because it left holes.   Undecided so next time I'm going to do it my way.  Hehe.

Anyway, as promised, here is my meager stash:

^^ Assorted yarn.  I just picked up all that red mohair-blend Patons (6 skeins) the other day at JoAnn's for 97-cents apiece!  I couldn't resist... Roll Eyes

^^ Mostly Lion Brand wool-ease (chunky and worsted weights)

^^ All my cottons
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2007 04:44:01 AM »

Wow CrazyDogLady, those socks look great!  And mandi, so does the mitten   Smiley  Is it warm?  I was recently at Joanns, too and got 3 balls that were 97 cents.  Unfortunately, only that one was on sale where I live.  Hmm...   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
Annann
« Reply #506 on: August 30, 2007 05:56:08 AM »

I take it it's okay to jump in? My stash isn't huge, but big enough to give me a bad conscience to just have it sitting around. Two of my friends are having babies soonish, so I figure I'd go crazy with the babyknits to bust my stash. I'll be back with stash-pics before the babyknit-o-rama starts. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting with sharpened sticks.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: August 30, 2007 08:12:38 AM »

Cheesy

Hehe, you sound like me. Especially about the sock yarn.

I have bought just five skeins of yarn this year, already used up. Well, that is not counting the 4 skeins sock yarn. But, I was out of town and found sock yarn in colors I have never found around here. Gorgeous colors people, I'm telling you! Plus one skien was the new yarn made from corn fiber, called Maizy.  I have the colorway, Iguana but it looks more like corn on the cob still in the husk to me.
http://www.straw.com/cpy/yarns/Maizy-scans.html

But I have done well otherwise, using up nearly a quarter of my yarn stash. I will have to see if I can get some pictures this weekend of the projects I have finished.

I went through all my yarn recently & have about 40-50 balls of yarn (mostly all acrylic) that I am donating to my 3 yr olds preschool.  They were floored when they saw how much I had for them.  MOst of the yarn was either small balls leftover from projects or fairly decent sized balls that I had to get into so I could finish a project.  I did have several full skeins but thery were either in bags of yarn I got at the Goodwill that I knew I would never use or were stuff given to me by people because they know I knit. 

On the bad end, I have bought enough yarn on the past 4-5 months to make up for this so there is no real stash bust. 

I have made many dishclothes to get rid of some cotton but I still have a small tub of cotton I can use to make more dishclothes. 

I went through some of my older yarn to determine projects for them.  Then I put labels on them & set them aside determined that I have to knit them.  I plan on making a pinwheel sweater for my daughter with some stash.

When I organized my yarn again, I put all my sock yarn in an under the bed tote & couldn't believe how much sock yarn I had.  So, there will be lots of socks to be made.

There was yarn that I had that I didn't want to just donate as it cuz it was nice so I made a seperate bin of yarn that I am going to use to knit for charity.  Many are amounts of yarn to do hats with.  One of my LYS has a weekly knit for charity.  She has a knitting for the homeless charity that I am going to knit the hats for.

Anyway, i put a post it note in my wallet that says "NO MORE YARN PURCHASES" so that when I go to open it, I see it.  I am so weak when it comes to yarn.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #508 on: August 30, 2007 08:38:20 AM »

But I have done well otherwise, using up nearly a quarter of my yarn stash.

I'd' have to make about 15 blankets to use up a quarter of my yarn stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
diranasaurus
« Reply #509 on: August 30, 2007 09:37:02 AM »

Your blanket is coming along great snarkymarmoset,how big is it now?

I've spent all afternoon crocheting my own blanket and pillow.

snarkymarmoset> I totally second that!! what an amazing blanket!
Way to go!

Thanks you guys!  It's a little over 2 1/2 feet long right now.  I'm attempting to do a row a day... it's growing slowly!  Plus I don't think I'm the fastest crocheter--it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to do one row!  (It's about 5 feet wide--maybe that's normal?)

I can't wait to see your blanket and pillow, april_cocaine--I really like your idea of a coordinating pillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Add me on Ravelry!  I'm diranasaurus.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hair Toner with Household Products
Meet Celebrity Hairstylist Serge Normant
Tia Mowry-Hardrict Reveals Her Hair Crushes
How to Change a Bad Hair Day Into a Good Hair Day
How to Accessorize Your Big Chop
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...