A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stash-Be-Gone-Along?  (Read 69095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Emily
« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2007 07:36:39 AM »

No idea about sales...I wore it out for the first time today-to work-I'll let you know what sort of feedback I get. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeasideBreeze
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2007 08:00:45 AM »

I most definitely shall be participating in this!

Here is the state of my stash upon beginning:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/carroline__/P7030063.jpg

And obligatory informations that I feel the need to provide about it:
1. Along with this, I also have a 500g ball of blue cotton and a 1000g ball of aran...stuff. The aran...stuff has plans for it, so I don't know if that's really stash-bust-able.
2. I won't be able to REALLY get a good start on this until I finish my mum's gift of a HP sweater. I do like the idea of occasionally taking breaks from it though, as I just finished an identical one for myself and stockinette is slowly eating my brain cells.
3. This yarn stash contains mostly full balls. The two primary reasons are that I ventured into fair-isle and colorwork very early (e.g. all of my inital projects) and on smaller projects that leaves lots of extra yarn. Also, when I didn't understand gauge, I ended up buying the wrong yarn frequenty but insisted there was a use for it.

So yes! That is the status. I will be using stash-busting primarily for Christmas gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poprock6903
« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2007 09:28:41 AM »

I'm still knitting away.. I made some baby booties, a purse for a friend, and a baby hat already, and the bf has given me creative control over decorating our apartment, so some throw pillows are in order. I'll have pics of everything shortly.

Also, if anybody's at a complete loss of what to do with their acrylic yarn, and can't bear knitting with it, I'm sure your local Girl Scout troop or camp could find some uses for it.  I'm not employed by them, I just donated a bunch of my unloved craft supplies to my local camp, and figured I'd suggest it to everyone here as well.

Everybody's FOs look GREAT! keep bustin' that stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2007 11:32:11 AM »

That's a nice capelet!  I knitted some socks (though I don't have a picture I'll go get one very soon Wink ) and since I was just learning I used *GASP* acrylic yarn.  I don't find it that unbearable because these socks are actually soft Grin.  I (accidentally) bought more yarn, so I'm not doing too good of a job stashbusting.  But then again, I have seen bigger stash(es).  Great job everyone!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
Jello
« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2007 04:35:00 PM »

Although that capelet is adorable (great job!), I'd caution against knitting a bunch in hopes of selling them since they have just recently kind of been  a big trend and subsequently stopped being a big trend, so people probably aren't really looking for them right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2007 01:20:39 AM »

Well I have been busy! I get on a hat trip and I cant stop!
Last time I made hats I made 18 of them in 21 days!!! *yikes*
(This was last year!)

I have made 2 hats so far and I have another one 95% done!
All are made with acrylic yarn! (most of my stash is acrylic or fun fur! lol)

I will post pics of the other one as soon as I get it finnished!

I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007 01:22:22 AM by aura_reincarnation » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
Mienna
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2007 07:08:10 AM »

I think I'll get in on this, I've been printing out patterns for stuff to donate to the nicu/motherbaby area in our local hospital to get rid of some of my stash (it's being taken over by material).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #387 on: July 04, 2007 08:08:23 AM »

A simple seed stitch scarf made with fur...the most expensive novelty yarn I've ever worked with--2 skeins of Cosmos by Karabella, held together with the cheapest acrylic--leftover from a pound of love!  It's about four inches wide, but over five feet long, I'm gonna give it to a friend who's over six feet...and she's the queen of etheral shimmer, I think she's gonna love it!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 02:27:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2007 08:13:12 AM »

Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jello
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2007 05:32:20 PM »

Gah, that reminds me I have most of a pound of love that is pale blue and looked nice wrapped in plastic, but turns grey and dirty the minute I touch it Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Strong Foreground Image
How to Photograph a Fast Car in Motion
How to Set the White Balance Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Timer Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Spot Meter Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...