A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stash-Be-Gone-Along?  (Read 72349 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2007 04:01:35 PM »

sharre> love that scarf! the colours are amazing! Scarves are so handy to have for extra knitted gifts!
aura_reincarnation> great socks!

Thank You Silver Ilix! I plan on making another pair soon! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
Jello
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2007 04:48:26 PM »

I have some things in my stash that I can't figure out what to make into. (No baby/kid items, I have no use for them).  Anyone have ideas for:

about 450 yards of light pink, sport weight acrylic
about 200 yards of variegated Red Heart
4 skeins of white and lavender cotton boucle
about 200 yards of teal sportweight cotton
1 skein of purple worsted acrylic
2/3 skein of pink/green/purple fun fur

Also, I've used up some scraps making sachets- knit a square, fill with something that smells good (I've been using teabags), sew it up, decorate with ribbons/beads, and you're done! I'll post some pictures soon.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 04:48:49 PM by Jello » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2007 06:31:11 AM »

You could make washcloths from the cotton (as long as it's 100% cotton).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mightcouldpress
« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2007 06:39:35 PM »

I wanna join in this kal!  I've already officially declared this the summer of the stash-busting, and am trying to make myself use up 50% of my current stash before I buy more yarn.  So far I've killed 9 balls of cashmerino aran with a puff-sleeve cardigan from fitted knits, and I'm currently turning a few skeins of lamb's pride superwash into the back-to-school vest.  After that, I have three balls of doucer et soie to attend to, 7 balls of dabbie bliss aran tweed (it's so itchy that I frogged the sweater it once was only an inch from finishing), some red and white worsted merino from a thrift store sweater and tons more ...
posting my progress here from time to time would certainly be welcome motivation to reach my goal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2007 09:44:35 PM »

Hey Jello...have you done any knitting for charities?  I live in a big city (detroit) with a lot of cold people in the winter, and I knit hats and mittens for shelters and schools.  They accept pretty much anything, and you know that it will get used!

I've been pretty good at the destashing....although I did participate in the Webs anniversary sale (before I signed up for the destash!).

I just wanted to update that all of my yarn (ALL OF IT!!) is packed up now, and I can say that i am the proud owner of 26 full sized (not kitchen sized) garbage bags full of yarn.  I heard that gasp...stop it, I love yarn, and I've stopped buying clothes and shoes.  So there...

When I unpack it all in the new house (YAY NEW HOUSE WITH A CRAFT ROOM FOR ME!!!) I'll take a picture of all of it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Diana dOr
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2007 10:07:33 PM »

I agree, knitting for charity is fabulous on several levels.
Jello: I suggest: http://www.snugglesproject.org/ for to The Snuggles Project, a nonprofit linked to Hugs for Homeless Animals. They ask for small blankets for shelter dogs and cats donated by crafty crocheters, knitters, quilter, and sewers. These blankets are great stash busters, quick, and easy to make and sent to local shelters in your area.
A good way to get those acrylics that just seem to pop up in the bottom of stashes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: June 18, 2007 06:45:51 PM »

I agree, knitting for charity is fabulous on several levels.
Jello: I suggest: http://www.snugglesproject.org/ for to The Snuggles Project, a nonprofit linked to Hugs for Homeless Animals. They ask for small blankets for shelter dogs and cats donated by crafty crocheters, knitters, quilter, and sewers. These blankets are great stash busters, quick, and easy to make and sent to local shelters in your area.
A good way to get those acrylics that just seem to pop up in the bottom of stashes.

Thank you for linking me to that!!!! I just read there whole site! I love it and I love that i dont have to mail them the items. Even small blankets weight alot some times! I will soo start working on one tomorrow! I need to call my local shelter first tho. I want to make sure they will take them! If not I will call another shelter! I have to do this! I have gotten all my pets from people who no longer wanted there birds,bunny,hamster and I found a very sick kitten in my yard last august that lives with me and the other pets! They need all the help they can get!  Grin
Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 18, 2007 06:52:29 PM »

Woohoo! I no longer have a stash! Now I can ask my mom to buy me more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2007 09:27:25 PM »

Seriously! wow WIPs way to go!!
Got any pics? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2007 09:29:19 PM »

Seriously! wow WIPs way to go!!
Got any pics? Wink

No, my dad packed up the camera for our trip, but when I get back, I'll take pictures of the brimmed hat I crocheted. The brim turned out a bit wonky, but otherwise, I'm proud of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Jeweled Sweatshirt
Holiday Fashion Tips for Parties and More
Trend Alert: Lace Pumps
Stylist Tod Hallman Shares His No. 1 Red Carpet Essential
Denim Jacket Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...