A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 315,410
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stash-Be-Gone-Along?  (Read 88724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

april_cocaine
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2007 02:42:16 PM »

april-cocaine...... how are/did the craft fairs going?

Well - It turns out I wasn't allowed to take my bags to the last two fairs I did (since there were already women sellings bacgs and there's a restriction on stalls), but I'm taking them to one at the end of July. I'm hoping to have knit more by then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2007 08:19:30 AM »

I found this thread just in time...I saw it last night as I was about to leave work early and hit the sale going on at the LYS...instead I went home and stash busted! 

No pics of the stash but here's what I did over the weekend...

Some stuff for some friends, A hat for their yet to be born son, a scarf for mom and a hat for dad!

and a felted sleeve for my new laptop...

pre-felting

after one cycle through the wash

It needs at least once more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2007 08:55:49 AM »

Go you, Emily! I am totally in love with the green hat - it reminds me of a turtle! A great idea - I might have to steal it  Shocked

Sammie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2007 10:03:43 AM »

Yeah it is kinda turtle like!  I hadn't even noticed...it was super easy, took maybe 3 hours...the yarn is Paton's Shetland Chunky, I cast on 60 sts, it went very fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2007 01:14:53 PM »

Very nice items Emily!!! I love the hats and I have always wanted to make a scarf like that!

I am starting to work on destaching my yarn today! I cant knit socks on DPN's and I dont have my needles for the magick loop yet so I made me some socks on my loom. (its cheating but who cares! There only for me! lol)

I only have one right now. Im going to go work on the other one right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2007 03:59:48 PM »

Emily, wow! You've been busy! Love the green hat pattern and the scarf. The scarf looks crocheted, is it? Pattern?

Lucky laptop! Those colors are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Emily
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2007 04:18:00 PM »

Thanks! 

And yes, the scarf is crocheted, it's from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. 

I actually used two skeins, opting for something a bit longer...it was super simple, I started it friday night and finished it saturday morning, it's just 3 rows repeated, perfect mindless tv watching sort of stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2007 04:19:43 PM »

Thanks! 

And yes, the scarf is crocheted, it's from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. 

I actually used two skeins, opting for something a bit longer...it was super simple, I started it friday night and finished it saturday morning, it's just 3 rows repeated, perfect mindless tv watching sort of stuff.

Another book I must check out!

I love TV knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2007 06:46:19 PM »

I'm joining in on this one I think.

I recently gained an 80 litre tub full of yarn from my grandmother whose version of stash busting involves passing it along to me  Roll Eyes [add this to the 50 litre tub I already had] Most of it is acrylic but the majority is that good soft acrylic and there are some real gems like the softest nylon baby wool known to man and angora from a cardigan she was crocheting and then proceeded to frog. The problem is that most of it is leftovers from projects, so it doesn't have its ball bands or if it does, since most of it dates from the sixties and seventies there is no yardage information given. When I get time I am going to have to sit down with a measuring tape and some scales.

I foresee me posting a lot of "what the heck can I do with this?" questions over the next year or so  Cheesy

But for the moment I am working on using up all those small scrappy balls. So here is my first project. A 50inches by 5inches, lengthways garter stitch scarf. It was my attempt to use up some all those scraps of green in the stash. [I'm not a huge green fan but it is my Grandma's favourite colour] It didn't work. There is still more. I am sure it multiplies while I sleep.

I am yet to either weave in all those ends or fringe it. I was considering a crochet shell border as my other option but I haven't decided.

Next up, what do I do with all that orange  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
aura_reincarnation

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2007 07:18:33 PM »

Well I now have both socks done!!!

The one on the right was the first one. When I started the second one I decided to cut about 15" off of one skein. This made it look different from the other sock but still look like they matched! I will only be wearing them in the house! Wink

What do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wiccan 4 life!
 www.mysticauras.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Decorate a Living Room
How to Get a Great Look
Do I Need Professional Design Help
How to Decorate a Half Bath
How to Decorate with Collections
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...