A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Wipe Containers  (Read 3140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2004 09:58:05 PM »

being the mother of an 8 month old baby i go through lots of baby wipes. LOTS of baby wipes  Tongue
i've been buying the refills in bulk, but every box of refills comes with one dispenser. i could buy the refill packs individually, but in the long run that turns out to cost more.
so what do i do with all of these wipe dispensers? my first thought is to just decoupage them with scrapbook papers and stickers to be used for wipes. i thought they might make cute gifts for my friends with babies and kids. but, once again i feel like there has to be something beyond the obvious.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004 10:20:07 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
abricot
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004 01:47:06 AM »

This might not be the ultimate in crafty ideas... but when my godson and nephew got old enough to walk, they really got a kick out of having their own buckets to transport their stuff in..

For the kids you could try decorating them and adding handles... Leave a few at your house for little visitors and of course save a few for your own little one...

If you don't want to dote exclusively on the kids, you could make your friends with babies/kids you make starter family craft kits. Decorate the container and fill it with items for a simple project that the mom (or dad) can do together with the children. The container could even be decorated in a theme related to the project (puppets? baking cookies? paper flowers?)... I'm sure the project kits could easily be assembled with other recycled bits and very in-expensive odds n ends...

Hmm and one last idea.. I dunno if you are using the rectangular dispenser or the one that is more like a cylinder... but when I was a kid in school we used the rectangular ones to make mini gardens..

Well I hope I am some help... It's late and my brain is not working as it should be...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004 07:39:57 AM »

i've been pondering this as well...
after viewing your site, i'm wondering if you ever come up with baby care products, they could be packaged together in a gift set in a wipes container with a fitting label.  
as for my own collection, all i can think of is taking the lids off and using them as drawer organizers.  boring!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004 09:34:12 AM »

actually, i just got an order locally for a baby gift box, and i want to try out the wipes box. now i'm just trying to figure out what to use to decorate it. i'm leaning heavily towards using contact paper to cover it and then building up on top of that.
i'll post pictures of it when i'm finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004 08:58:10 PM »

decopauge them and make different kinds of kits like a
'my first sleepover kit that has pictures from home, a letter from mom and various little things
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JakeHazelip
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004 03:52:44 PM »

Cut the pointy plastic bits out of the dispenser hole and make it an in-car tissue dispenser?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_mom

Keeping my head above water .... barely!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004 05:49:45 PM »

Take the lids off, use fabric coated w/Stiffy (or other fabric stiffner) to cover them and make them display containers for the stuff you sell on your site, or for little gift baskets. Personally, I use them to store everything from my kids toys (alphabet magnets for the fridge, matchbox cars, crayons, play jewelry) to my craft and sewing supplies to hardware (nuts, bolts, etc) - I'm almost sorry my youngest potty trained so early, as now I beg them from friends!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  - Thomas Edison
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004 08:42:22 PM »

With either rectangular or cylindrical containers, if you are really getting a bunch of them, use the as "bricks." You could build a doll house, a playhouse, a doghouse, a kid's craft table, a hamper... I haven't actually tried this in years, but we used to use them like blocks & build all sorts of crazy things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Dare: How to Master the Gold Eyebrow Look
Double Dare: Ice-Queen Makeup Made Chic
Double Dare: The Cat-Eye Goes Punk
Double Dare: V-Day Pink Makeup Goes Edgy
How to Create the Perfect Cat-Eye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...