A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny origami stars!  (Read 12115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieDust721
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007 05:07:14 PM »

I really love this!  I'm totally going to use this for my sweetie...when you've been together as long as we have you start to run out of ideas!  Thanks so much for posting it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maleficent
Down the Rabit Hole

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007 07:38:23 PM »

gah this is so freakin cute! i wonder if a can get a bunch done by wednesday! hmmmm deffinatly worth a try! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -Gandhi
fifiramone
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007 05:46:15 AM »

gah this is so freakin cute! i wonder if a can get a bunch done by wednesday! hmmmm deffinatly worth a try! thanks!

Yeh you'll get it done easy, they don't take too long to make, they just need patience! And damn it! If i'd realised it was 07/07/07 this year I would of waited and done it then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theEEKinGEEK
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008 06:37:24 AM »

I love you for life! I am going to make these for my boyfriend for Valentines day on the jar and I am going to have the super cheeseo quote "Last night I looked up and matched each star with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars." HOWEVER, I would like to write a reason inside each of the stars for him to open up over time. Once folded how easily can these be unfolded? And is there a certain sized strip I should used to make sure he will be able to unfold them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet Chaos
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008 12:29:28 PM »

Now I have to wonder if you could fit tiny scraps of paper inside of those stars to mix with this: http://www.pixiedustgifts.com/gifts/category/sayings/108index3-27-0.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am my own experiment.
I am my own work of art.
burstandbloom
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008 02:23:10 PM »

Now I have to wonder if you could fit tiny scraps of paper inside of those stars to mix with this: http://www.pixiedustgifts.com/gifts/category/sayings/108index3-27-0.php

what i did last year was write on the actual paper strips, and he had to undo each star to get the message inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
theEEKinGEEK
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008 06:26:15 AM »

Where do I go about purchasing the paper to make these? Like what size? Because the strips come in different sizes, I think I may just get the biggest I can find. I only found one that came out to be 11inches long. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Celene08
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008 12:26:46 PM »

I love you for life! I am going to make these for my boyfriend for Valentines day on the jar and I am going to have the super cheeseo quote "Last night I looked up and matched each star with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars." HOWEVER, I would like to write a reason inside each of the stars for him to open up over time. Once folded how easily can these be unfolded? And is there a certain sized strip I should used to make sure he will be able to unfold them?

i made 273 stars (yeah i counted them) , like these for my boyfriend last year.i even wrote messages inside. They turned out really cute.but the tip of my fingers started to hurt.  about your question. well, once you unfold it, it is really easy to be folded again, cuz the creases have already been made. but after unfolding it alot of times, it becomes really flat.  and a good guide for the sizes of the strips, would be the lines in a notebook paper. it's length and width are fine.
i hope i was of help. and you i hope you can understand my English, cuz it's not my first language.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

burstandbloom
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008 12:44:32 PM »

from my experience of making 121 one these...the best sized strip is around a half inch x 11in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
dmc64350
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009 08:29:01 AM »

these are amazing. i have been obsessed with stars for as long as i can remember and me being the hopeless romantic that i am have also been planning my wedding. my boyfriend's family is from mexico and i think mexicans look so good in hot pink and white people look good in royal blue which are my two favorite colors so i am hoping those will be my wedding colors and i will have the white people wear blue and hispanics wear pink. anyways to cut to the chase i think it would be awesome (and not to mention much cheaper) to make a bunch of these in those two colors to decorate the tables with rather than buying confetti and such...maybe putting them in a jar or soemthing...i dunno for sure but i do think it would be great. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kylie and Kendall Share Their Best Makeup Tips
Watch Little Mix on Seventeen Style Diaries!
Stay Pretty All Summer With This Waterproof Makeup!
Nina Dobrevs Makeup Must-Haves!
Get a Vintage-Inspired Beauty Look For Prom!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...