A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny origami stars!  (Read 12901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Genesis
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007 04:27:59 PM »

I love this idea! I've been trying to figure out what to send my boyfriend (long distance relationship). He lives in CA (I'll be there in March), and sent me a mix CD with a song "California Stars" on it. So, I can tie that into the theme.

I wrote him a bunch of things that I liked about him for xmas, and stuck it in felt fortune cookies. So, I don't want to repeat that with this. Though, he is running out of cookies to open and he said he wanted more. So, maybe I'll also include a little something on the stars.

Thanks for sharing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every passion has its destiny. - Billy Mills
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007 09:30:30 AM »

I dont have this information myself, but Im sure you could find it somewhere online, but my Korean old best friend said that there were certain numbers of stars to give to mean certain things-not that it really matters unless the person receiving knows that-but she made me something like 1000 once and it was to signify friendship and it was incredible!!  Still one of my very favorite gifts Ive ever been given!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
MaryIsMyRealName

da ferret is in da hood

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007 05:31:28 PM »

I did that a few months ago for my boy as a "just because" kind of thing...
I got about a gazillion pieces of paper, and wrote all sorts of cutesy things on them. Inside jokes and whatnot.
And then I folded them. And put them in a jar. I told him that every time he is sad or something he shoudl open one, and think of me.
And he does. : )
He tapes them to his wall and it makes me feel special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy.Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
FIREFLY!!!
abitlooney
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007 10:33:15 PM »

too cute! stealing this idea for sure!

would someone mind posting the site where they found the history/story of the stars? I've spent 40 minuts on google for naught.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rasmus
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007 11:16:17 PM »

I tried to do these yesterday and failed miserably!!
Has anyone got any tips to help me out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007 11:51:16 PM »

I got my stars from a store that sells Asian gifts and stationery.  I picked up a pack of rainbow paper strips and the instructions were on the back, I didn't have trouble with the instructions, even though there was no English.  The diagrams were good enough. 

I don't think giving out the name of the store will help, seeing as it is in Brisbane, Australia (and you are probably from the US).  but just for fun, it is called Morning Glory.  Honestly, not kidding.  I have to wonder if the name had any impact on the success of the store.  They were all over the place just a few years ago, now I only know of one still operating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
CloudxxSeph
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007 05:22:57 PM »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! so cute

I love Japanese stuff; haven't heard this story before Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifiramone
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007 02:46:45 PM »

Ok, here's the stuff about the japanese star festival, this is just a wiki link but you'll find lots more if you search 'Tanabata'!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moniiiiiiica
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007 03:32:30 PM »

I got my stars from a store that sells Asian gifts and stationery.  I picked up a pack of rainbow paper strips and the instructions were on the back, I didn't have trouble with the instructions, even though there was no English.  The diagrams were good enough. 

I don't think giving out the name of the store will help, seeing as it is in Brisbane, Australia (and you are probably from the US).  but just for fun, it is called Morning Glory.  Honestly, not kidding.  I have to wonder if the name had any impact on the success of the store.  They were all over the place just a few years ago, now I only know of one still operating.
ohh morning glory is like a world wide store. they have it in the states too. well they used to. it's like a korean gift store haha. you can basically get those strips from anywhere that's an asian gift store. i always just buy the strips. i've made 500 in 3 days. my fingers hurt so much from that.

for my 100th day with my bf i'm going to make 100 stars and write reasons why i <3 him on the strips and then fold them up and put it in a cute jar that those gift stores sell made to put the stars in. it seems stupid because he wont be able to read them but i think it's cuter that way because he'll be tempted to undo them and try to read them all. haha :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_joy
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007 03:35:40 PM »

i've been contemplating whether to do this for him for valentine's day but i think im going to wait till july 7 which is when the tanabata festival is usually held. annnddd, this year, it's going to be 07-07-07!!! our fav. number is both 7 =)

here is the tanabata story: http://www.tokyowithkids.com/entertainment/tanabata_myth.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007 03:43:57 PM by miss_joy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do A Quick And Easy Messy Bun
40s Inspired Hairstyles at Carolina Herrera Fall 2013 Show
Summer Hair Care Tips For Moms
Cut Down Your Morning Routine With the Best Dry Shampoos
How To Blow Dry Your Bangs Like A Pro
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...