A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny origami stars!  (Read 12848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fifiramone
« on: January 21, 2007 04:31:45 PM »

Hi,

Well I made this for my boyfriend for our anniversary in december but I thought i'd share it incase it helps give anyone ideas for valentines day!

On the piece of card, I explained the story behind lucky stars, there's a particular day in the japanese year called 'Tanabata' or 'star day' where they believe that many years ago, a girl and a boy worked for a god, i think he was a shepherd and she was a maid. They were very lonely until one day they met and fell in love, their work suffered so the god seperated them. They were seperated by a milky way, and on this day every year the japanese wish for clear skies so they can cross the milky way. I said that in the jar I had made a wish on every star in the milky way so we would never be parted, its a bit cheesy but let me know what you think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

clacksou13
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007 05:11:15 PM »

Cute!  How do you make those little stars?  I've always wondered, because they just look impossibly small to be just folded bits of paper Smiley. Do you know a website with a tutorial on making them?  I really like them and I hope your boyfriend did too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifiramone
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007 05:18:33 PM »

hey, thanks! here's a website with some instructions they aren't terribly clear so it takes some working out but once you've made one or two it's pretty easy, let me know if you have any problems!

http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/japan/morigami_star.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged

burstandbloom
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007 07:22:34 PM »

hey, thanks! here's a website with some instructions they aren't terribly clear so it takes some working out but once you've made one or two it's pretty easy, let me know if you have any problems!

http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/japan/morigami_star.htm

okay, so i prettymuch love you! haha sorry if that's creepy. you see, i'm doing a thing for my boyfriend for v-day which WAS going to be 121 reasons why i love him...and i was going to write each reason on a strip of paper and roll it up and tie it with ribbon. so he'd like, have to untie every single one. ha. but now i think, because of your amazing example, i shall make 121 of those painfully adorable stars and put the reasons inside of those. or whatever. i'll figure something out. i have to use those.  thanks for the inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
CraftyPirateGirl

The Craftsters made me do it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007 07:55:00 PM »

Wow!  What a great idea, and such a nice presentation.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting apparel and gifts at www.CraftingShirts.com

You can see the rest of my web-based work at www.OuterMonologue.com and www.PiratesCloset.com.

*** Out of pocket for a while to move into our new house!  I'll try to check in periodically. : )  Ciao! ***
burstandbloom
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007 08:27:45 PM »

oh! another idea would be to do little origami hearts...if you're looking for a more v-day themed thing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
fifiramone
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007 01:04:06 AM »

hearts would be awesome! I dunno how hard they'd be though, i might look into it! Glad you like them Smiley

celeste x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007 07:22:43 PM »

I did that for my guy a few years back.  It went down really well and he still has the jar.  I used a tall jar in the shape of a lady I found in a $2 shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007 07:57:45 PM »

Christmas four years ago I filled a HUGE wooden bowl full of these in Red, Green, and Gold for my mother. She was having a party and wanted them. I took me days and lots of construction paper which I cut at Kinkos (my husband was working there at the time). Ahhhhgg. No more than a few at a time anymore for me. AS for what happened to all the stores, my brother (who isn't really my brother, he is the son of the woman I'm named after and was around for a year studying abroad) sent a package to his mother after christmas (boys can't always be bothered to send presents on time) and used them as packing peanuts. His sister then strung them up to put on die Tanenbaum as he is from Berlin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
burstandbloom
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007 09:00:32 PM »

so i think i'm going to go with red, white, and pink stars...i looked at different heart origami things and none of them were nearly as cute as these little stars. so stars it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
21 Nights Book Trailer Short Version
Andrew Clements Talks About Nora Rowley Part 1
Meet Joan and Maddy Lambur
Tom Rob Smith Talks About Child 44 Part 1
Run Like a Girl Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...