A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corset purses  (Read 2319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 21, 2004 10:10:10 PM »

i'm really wanting one of those corset purses.. but they're so expensive so i was going to just make one myself.
does anyone know how i could contruct one of these purses, and what types of fabrics to use. i know a lot of them are made from pleather.. but i'm wanting to go cheaper than that type of fabric.
if anyone could help that would be wonderful!!

in case anyone would like an example of what i'm wanting to make.. here's a pic i found. Wink
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004 11:27:06 AM by xxyourmomxx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004 10:13:56 PM »

dunno if this will help you. was the first thing i though of when i read your post http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=7365.0 i'm sure you could make it work for your project..Smiley
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004 06:18:33 PM »

I just love those purses too...I wonder if they make patterns of corsets for tiny kids, because I'm sure that would work just fine...Or...you can try to follow my on-the-moment instructions that I just made up...which seem the easyiest to me if I was going to make it. (sorry if it is too complicating for you...its hard to explain in words and without having a picture to label everything...)

-Get a small padded bra the color and style you want to use...(make sure its the size you want for your purse and get fabric the same color...(do they even make bras that small?...hopefully for your sake)
-Cut a piece of fabric to fit in the middle part and make the ends match the seam on the bra (remember to leave seam allowances)
-Then cut another piece that will fit the rest of the purse, and dont forget to cut out a bottom too.
-Sew the 2 pieces together for the body of the purse, then sew the bottom on and then the bra (i'm not really sure how though...)add the lace and handles and whatever else you want to put on...

(Hope that this helped)

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
Craft Addict

"She's crafty- and she's just my type"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004 12:32:18 PM »

I think that you could use any fabric as long as it's heavily interfaced to give it that stiffness.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004 07:16:18 AM »

was just thinking about this again last night and i though that if you got a corset pattern you could take it to the photocopy shop and get it shrunk down. that might be better cause then you'll have the same look of a real corset but smaller.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004 02:12:52 PM »

I never even thought of that SarahFroggy...And my instructions are so complicated!!! Oh well...Youre idea is great! Now I might go about doing that!!! (Seeing as it sounds so much easier)

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004 05:05:19 PM »

thanks..hehe..it just hit me while i was sitting in bed.. not sure why we didn't think of it.

Who invented liquid soap and why?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004 06:42:29 PM »

I too would love to make one of these....even if it was just to say I could. Seems like a good challenge. I have some vinyl that's just perfect for this project. Anyone know where you can get an online pattern for a bustier that could work for this??? Normally I could find it in a heartbeat but I'm having difficulty tonight. Also, would interfacing work to make the vinyl stiffer (I'm not even sure what interfacing is for....) Huh Loving this bag!!!!
Peanut Butter Queen

*Mommy is the Peanut Butter Queen*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004 08:51:23 PM »

I can sew .. I have a machine.. I would LOVE to whip up one of these purses for ME Smiley

so I d LOVE any help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much ! I really dont know where to start. I have some pink satin .. but other than that.. I m clueless.
Thanks ! kat

SAHM to 4 Kidlets !
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004 08:15:01 AM »

MUST FIND TUTORIAL!!!!  Gosh, you don't know how often i've seen one of those and wanted to make one.  The bags are amazingly cute though.  *mental note: don't bring around conservative 90 year old aunt* I can't wait to see if anyone has an idea...

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Tinkerbell
How to Draw Thrasher
How to Draw Taz
How to Draw Tarzan
How to Draw Takuto Tsunashi
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...