A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some FO's and FRUiTsy items [edit to add wrist warmers pattern]  (Read 1664 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theboythatspins

If you don't knit, you must aquit!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2007 04:51:22 PM »

Hi, here's just a few FO's I have finished.

Boucle in lime and Funfur hat on size 8 9 needles knit flat then sew up the side

My very first handspun yarn knitted into a hat on knifty knitter

SuperSaver FRUiTy wrist warmers in Bikini colorway on size 8 needles knit flat then sewn up the side

Moonlight Mohair and SWS in natural denim colorway mini scarflette on size 19 bamboo needles

Everything laid on the counter

ANd just for laughs...everything on...my appologies for my non photogenic face lol.

Thanks for looking Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007 06:21:42 PM by theboythatspins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I USED TO BE 007lucious_lips!!!!! I MOVED!

If you're happy and you know it say a swear; Boobs, Hiney, MITTENS!
     www.livejournal.com/users/obscura_lamia
Check out the blog for my photography and crafts...and don't forget silly high school drama
                     <3Brandonlicious
graciedoo
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007 05:16:48 PM »

Pffftt, you're more photogenic than me.

I love the handspun hat and the supersaver mitts. I've seen that colorway everywhere and it always looks so awesome and colorful. I need to find me a skein of that stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theboythatspins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007 06:03:26 PM »

Pffftt, you're more photogenic than me.

I love the handspun hat and the supersaver mitts. I've seen that colorway everywhere and it always looks so awesome and colorful. I need to find me a skein of that stuff!

OMG thanksfor commenting! Thanks, I just went to walmart one day and was looking for something with bright FRUiTy colors and found this and let out a big EEEK! of happyness lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the blog for my photography and crafts...and don't forget silly high school drama
                     <3Brandonlicious
bespectacled
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007 06:07:10 PM »

Oooh I love all the fun colors! I really don't wear enough bright colors in my handknits Cheesy
Awesome job. (and yay for taking fun pictures!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
theboythatspins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007 06:09:00 PM »

Oooh I love all the fun colors! I really don't wear enough bright colors in my handknits Cheesy
Awesome job. (and yay for taking fun pictures!!)

ThAnKs!!! I FEEL SO LOVED! Give brights a try everyonce in a while Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3Brandonlicious
bespectacled
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007 06:13:42 PM »

Of course you're loved at Craftster Grin
And I just bought some bright t-shirts to reconstruct and some bright yarn without a purpose. Did you use a pattern for your wristwarmers or did you make it up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
theboythatspins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007 06:20:48 PM »

And I just bought some bright t-shirts to reconstruct and some bright yarn without a purpose. Did you use a pattern for your wristwarmers or did you make it up?

OMG cooL! Um, nah I just made it up but here is a patternized version

size 8 straight needles

CO 46 sts and knit in 2x2 rib for the cuff, knit the cuff as long as you want. Once done with your cuff, switch to stockinette stitch and knit until it reaches as far up your fingers as you want. Bind off and then seam up one side but leave a hole where your thumb feels appropriate. For my seaming, I just single crocheted it but you can whip stitch or do anything you want. Hope this was clear enough.

If you have any questions just PM me and I am glad to know i'm not the only one up on craftster at a later time. here it's 9:20 EST. I live in virginia so yea. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3Brandonlicious
tragicheroine
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007 08:30:41 PM »

I like the SWS with sparkley mohair, very pretty. I'll have to try something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007 09:09:03 PM »

OMG cooL! Um, nah I just made it up but here is a patternized version

size 8 straight needles

CO 46 sts and knit in 2x2 rib for the cuff, knit the cuff as long as you want. Once done with your cuff, switch to stockinette stitch and knit until it reaches as far up your fingers as you want. Bind off and then seam up one side but leave a hole where your thumb feels appropriate. For my seaming, I just single crocheted it but you can whip stitch or do anything you want. Hope this was clear enough.

If you have any questions just PM me and I am glad to know i'm not the only one up on craftster at a later time. here it's 9:20 EST. I live in virginia so yea. Cheesy

Awesome thanks! I'll be sure and PM you if I try em, cause I'm def the late night knitting type! Haha. It's only 9:10 here in California though Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007 02:08:41 AM »

zomg, a dude that knits.  I'm in love.  hold me? :-p

oh yeah, and i love the wrist warmers.  i did a pair with circulars, and it was just as easy prolly, but maybe i'll try your way next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bumble and Bumble Hair at London Fashion Week 2012
5 Steps to Loose Waves
5 Steps to Hide a Grown-Out Fringe
5 Steps to a Grecian Twist
5 Steps to a Braided Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...