A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vancouver - Consignment?  (Read 1832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2004 05:58:34 PM »

Does anyone know of some local stores that would allowed me to consign some of the things I make there? Ex. knit/crochet/sewn goods, paper goods etc.

Someone suggested the Flea market to me, and I can't see that happening. I haven't been there in a while, and the last time I was there, I just remember a lot of homeless people selling stolen piles of remote controls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diana
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004 01:22:27 PM »

For clothing you could try Front on Main Street. I think there are a number of stores on Main that consign so if you shopped your wares up and down that street you'd probably find a place. You could also try Mecca on Commercial...I haven't shopped there in a while, but a friend of mine sold some of her clothes there a few years back. My Sister's Closet on Commercial might also accept consigned clothing too. I can't remember what day it falls on, but Deluxe Junk on Cordova also has as consignment day, so you could try there, too. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004 10:05:24 PM »

I'll have to have a look, thanks!
Its not really clothing, mostly accessories and handbags.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananarama
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004 02:39:04 PM »

Try Dream Apparel & Articles For People (311 West Cordova St), House of Jewels  (953 Nicola St) or maybe Swag on Hastings (sorry don't have the address handy). I think lots of places on Main might be interested too: Burcu's Angels or Barefoot Contessa maybe.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixiewhip

violently cute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004 12:58:57 AM »

Burcu's Angels is a great store but Burcu is not somebody you should trust easily.   I don't want to say anything specific, but there have been a few instances when I have witnessed her acting in an underhanded manner.
I would check with Temple of the Modern Girl (above True Value Vintage) I met one of the managers at a party a few weeks ago and she told me i should bring my stuff in (sadly I'm not confident enough in the quality of my garments yet--when i start selling i want to know that my stuff will hold up.)  Anyways, they really like supporting local designers, so check with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pam04
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004 06:53:25 PM »

You could also try Raspberry Retreat on Cambie across from Sala Thai and Bohemia Gallery aka Starving Artists on Main just across from the Main Heritage Building. If you have any lluck, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emmy_star

not just a lama. the Dalai Lama.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004 04:41:15 PM »

You should try Raya on the drive (commercial drive). They have lots of stuff from east-van designers and the owner (My ex-classmate's mom) is nice.  I sometimes buy accesories there, but they're pretty pricey, so not so much.  ;)hope I helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muah muah muah,
Emmy
DieselEssence

anti-distinctly-minty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004 03:32:29 PM »

if your target market is a little more in the vapid high school girl range, try the wool shop on Dunbar (around 30th?)  i've seen the 'i'd rather just spend money than actually learn to knit' crew pop in there often enough and the ladies that run the place are super nice.  there are also a bunch of more tame places along 10th closer to UBC (can't remember names and am not in van right now, sorry!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctm
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004 08:28:20 PM »

kitsilano has a tonne of shops. shine is on broadway near macdonald, changes is a poshier store in point grey, and there's a whole tonne on fourth avenue between alma and cypress....

the only thing about consignment there (i don't know about east van) is that they take 60%, which makes it not even worth it for me to consign with them.

goodluck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lalage
Stunt seamstress and textile artist!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005 06:18:32 PM »

Just moved back to Vancouver and wondered how many of these shops are still in business and if anyone has any pointers or news---need to re-establish myself after being away for 15 years!
Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Everything You Need to Look Chic During Music Festival Season
#MyModamobStyle: Featured Reader @NYTrendyMoms
Wear Leather This Spring For Less
Featured Blogger: Olivia Lopez of Lustt For Life
Slip Into Spring With These Must-Have Leather Jackets
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...