A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pick Your Partner Swap Gallery!  (Read 5203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pawnshoppromises
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007 10:30:24 PM »

That wrap is gorgeous, lulubean. I can't knit my way out of a paper bag.  Embarrassed

I received my second package from the lovely and multi-talented atsuko yesterday, so here is everything. Prepare to be extremely jealous.

In package #1: Business cards, promo buttons, and a HUGE ATC starter kit.

The cards

One of each of the two different styles of buttons

The ATC kit as a whole (included TONS of paper, stickers, Dover clip art, cutouts, double sided tape, metal tags, silk paper, and postcards)

I don't know how she knew, but I LOVE the movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" (and the Sundance Channel, for that matter).

Close-up of some of the clipart

And in Package #2: A spinning kit with a drop spindle, gorgeous green/pink/white roving, and a beautiful skein of yarn that she spun herself

I'm one happy/spoiled little craftster!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007 08:50:38 AM by pawnshoppromises » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007 12:11:19 AM »

Hi Pawnshoppromises!

I'm glad you liked everything!  It was alot of fun making your package.  I hope you have fun learning how to use the drop spindle and I can't wait to see what awesomeness you'll produce with your handmade yarns.  You are one mean crocheter! 
Thanks for being such a great person and swap partner!
I am still floored by your wrap.

atsuko
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007 10:45:06 AM »

lulubean, that shawl is so wisted
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
lulubean
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007 08:25:29 AM »

lulubean, that shawl is so wisted

Wow!  My first wisted item Smiley  Just wait until you see what atsuko sent me, you'll want to wist those for sure!

This necklace and earring set is sooooooo shmexy!  I love love love it.  I need to think of some place for my hubby to take me just to I can wear it out.

I LOVE the colors of this necklace, gorgeous.  She snuck this necklace into the package.

I adore japanese things and she snuck this charm in the package too.

She also gave me some CUTE fabric but I'm waiting to make things from it before I post them up Cheesy  Thank you soooooo much atsuko!  You are such a super swap partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007 08:36:05 AM »

Yay!  So glad you liked everything lulubean!  You're really pretty.  I can see now why you wanted the black beads...they really pop on your fair skin!  Thank you for the awesome wrap!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007 10:00:44 AM »

lol, I would probably wist the second necklace, if I wore jewelry more then once in a blue moon Wink. As it is though, I'd prefer getting something I'd actually use, since partners put in so much effort and love into their things Wink.
But yes, Atsuko, you did great on the necklaces Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
katatsumuli
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007 09:31:34 PM »

I recieved from Ptarmic Wumpus today, even though she sent it on Saturday  Cheesy (score 1 for the post office!). The contents are making me very giddy  Grin. I can't resist too many pictures, so some of them are links.

It looks like it's one toiletries bag (with flying cicada stencils and other bugs all over it  Cheesy)!

But then I unzipped it, and it had another zipper inside  Grin. Marvel at the protective half moon vinyl shell...it's got green thread (and the zipper edge doesn't look that curly in real life).

Here's the vulnerable belly. It's very puffy and soft and professional.

This is the right and top, the bottom, the back (with gorgeous fabric visible), and the roomy inside (with matching gorgeous fabric that she hand stitched to the outer layer)  Shocked.

My toiletries are taking a nap. The rest of them are in it too now, but the butterfly fabric is much more interesting than dental floss.

She sent a bonus huge piece of cloth Cheesy.  Snails are crawling all over it  Cheesy.

The paint for all the bugs and the snails is this cool metallic kind. This seems like a good use and gratuitous shot of cicada salt shakers.

Thank you so much, Ptarmic Wumpus  Cheesy! I'm kind of scared of being able to match something like this, but oh man is it worth it  Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007 10:41:36 AM »

that snail fabric is awesome!  ptarmic wumpus -- did you add the snail stamps or did it come like that?

i was lucky this week and received two swap packages in two days -- one from the fabulous pournami and one from the amazing trifarina!

here's my package from pournami:

TONS of goodies from india!!  including: pretty fabrics, gold embroidery thread, tons of yummy looking teas, some honey and nut candy bars, masala "snoodles" (ha!), coconut milk powder, bindis, wooden keychain,     lots of pretty beads and sequins, incense, sandalwood sachet, puff paint, shampoo, fabric pouch, and a ton of postcards!!  on the backs of the postcards she even wrote a little bit about the pictures on them which was way cool!  my sister's fiance is from india and i'm glad to have an opportunity to learn more about the country Wink

she also sent some gorgeous papers and henna tattoos AND

a painting she made of ganesha!  i love his little mouse friend Wink

thank you so much for the introduction to india, pournami!  your first package should be there fairly soon, and i'll get your second one in the mail shortly Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007 10:44:08 AM »

but wait, there's more!  Cheesy

here's what i received from trifarina:

gorgeous crocheted snowflakes (for my christmas tree next year!), two pairs of crocheted earrings, a lovely long skinny green scarf, and a quilt block for my craftster quilt Wink

here's a close-up of her amazing crochet skills:

thanks so much, trifarina! i love everything Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitterbirdie
Glitter Birdie

Birdie Loves Glitter

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007 07:26:57 PM »

Hey Catpants!!!

Glad to know tht u liked everything. Was worried if it was not upto ur expectations.

Now excited abt receiving my package  Smiley

Thanx and REgds
Pournami
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter
I looove Personal Swaps
WIST
BLOG
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Master the Classic Cat-Eye Look
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Half-And-Half Mani
How To Apply and Remove Glitter Polish
How To Define Your Brows
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Smoky Eye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...