A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap, Round 3!  (Read 3729 times)
Tags for this thread: tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 16, 2007 12:41:28 PM »

Here ya go, post your goods here! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007 06:05:21 PM »

I received from Samsara today! Check out the fantastic crafty goodies:

Handmade cards with tree photos that she took! Plus a bonus tree ATC and an embroidered tree brooch:

Here's a closeup of the cute little tree brooch:

A ginormous painted fabric wall hanging

You can't tell from the photo, but there is sparkly paint too - the photo doesn't really begin to do it justice.

Tree drawing done with watercolor pencils

I wish I could draw 1/1000th as well!

Two acetate paintings  (on a clear backing) to hang in the window, like stained glass:

They are very luminous - I'll try to take a photo during the day with them in the window later on.

Thank you so much, Samsara, I love everything!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007 12:40:55 AM »

*Blushes* You're very welcome Ptarmic! I'm glad you liked it all! And as I was writing this, the door has been knocked by the postman who has your parcel for me, so I shall go and open it now! Ooo, it's like Christmas again. I'm so excited  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007 02:06:27 AM »

Oh my goodness! I wish I'd been in on this swap. Samsara, your work is gorgeous, I'm so jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007 03:00:47 AM »

Awesome crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Samsara

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007 02:30:52 AM »

Apologies for posting these so slowly! Here's my haul from Ptarmic Wumpus! She really spoiled me  Grin
Firstly, an amazing felted Celtic Tree of Life wallhanging 

Then a felted sweater bag with a willow tree design

Look, the lining is fab too! And in the inner pocket were two felting needles so I can have a go!

Then there were two appliqued pillow cases in my favourite colours with a tree lullaby written on each one

There was also a reversible card woven belt with a Tree of Gondor design on each side (and Ptarmic also included the wool as a bonus!)

And there's still more, she also made an alphabet card set, with a card featuring a tree image for each letter of the alphabet

It's all so wonderful! I love it  Grin

Thank you soooo much Ptarmic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007 01:01:00 AM »

Wow! They are all amazing and lovely! The bag is so original and beautiful and as a LOTR nut I'm blown away by the Tree of Gondor belt. Still jealous...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janeausten
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007 12:03:01 PM »

I recieved from uradelight today!  She sent some lovely items. I got a handpainted picture frame, a cute little pouch with a leaf closure, 2 atc's, some marble magnets with beech tree photos, and the most awesome tree stuffie pillow!  I love him.  Kiss  thank you so much!

just realized that the magnets didnt make it into the picture. ill try to get photo of those too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007 06:40:59 PM »

ging recieved her stuff and pm'ed me so i thought I would post some pictures, we'll see how they turn out!

tree ATC

hemp, nut necklace and bracelete

tree diarama made of currled wire (took me forever!)

and a tree of life pillow with accent beading!

It was so much fun to make everything!!
Hope you enjoy ging
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingembre
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007 07:57:43 PM »

YAY Thanks for posting picks irish_chicky! Though I still plan to tke some of my own Smiley especially the diorama - you can't tell in this pic but it is soooooo awesome and pretty Cheesy:D!! I love love LOVE the necklace and bracelet too! The pillow made me laugh because I looked at that design but decided to use a different one LOL. *And* I now have my very first ATC. I am one happy craftster!

With first my life woes and now my technology woes (esp. the sewing machine!  Cry) I am running quite behind here Sad *but* so far everyone who has seen your works-in-progress has liked them a lot, so I think you will enjoy them when they *do* get there. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LJ
MySpace
Swap Partner Info
Just started a wist: (coming soon)

***Personal Swap Friendly!***
uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007 09:22:01 PM »

Here are some wonderful pics of all the great stuff I got from janeausten.  She sent me:

a gorgeous cherry blossom necklace made out of shrinky dink and parchment paper and hand painted:

a sakura pin cushion and four cool magnets in a pretty pink decopaged box (plus some fab stationary):

and some really awesome cherryblossom handwarmers! My mom is totally trying to steal them to keep her hands warm at work Smiley

thanks janeausten, this was awesome!  I am so addicted now Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
janeausten
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007 10:35:34 AM »

glad you liked your items, uradelight. they were fun to make. and it looks like your mitts fit pretty well.   thanks again for all my items. i hugged my tree stuffie while watching tv last night.  Grin  he's so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roseye
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007 12:07:36 PM »

THOSE ARE AWESOME AWSEOME MITTS! I can see why your mom wanted to steal them... I'm finishing my dissertation in my basement my fingers are freezing and I can't wear fingerless gloves and I'm thinking those mitts are the answer...Jane, do you have a pattern I can follow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janeausten
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007 01:34:15 PM »

THOSE ARE AWESOME AWSEOME MITTS! I can see why your mom wanted to steal them... I'm finishing my dissertation in my basement my fingers are freezing and I can't wear fingerless gloves and I'm thinking those mitts are the answer...Jane, do you have a pattern I can follow?

thank you roseye,  i did follow a pattern for the mitt. the tree branch on top is free hand crochet. ill try to get the name of the book i got the pattern from for you when i get home. i can't seem to remember the name of it right now.

*edit* i got the pattern from "weekend knitting" by Melanie Falick
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007 04:41:28 PM by janeausten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007 03:36:32 PM »

well thanks again janeausten!  those mits are so nice in the cold here.  I'm glad you like your tree stuffie, he was so fun to make Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007 08:39:03 AM »

I'm logging in from my honeymoon to say how awesome everyone's stuff is!!! So fantastic. And I am coveting that shrinkydink necklace, janeausten! Will have to make when home...

jezebel738 I hope your stuff has arrived safe and sound! Ok, paying by the second here, hugs (to trees and) to you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007 08:48:08 AM »

That sakura pincushion is beautiful! In fact, so is everything else in this gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
yellowblanket
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007 09:42:00 AM »

oooh...those armwarmers are SO pretty!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
janeausten
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007 11:08:01 AM »

That sakura pincushion is beautiful! In fact, so is everything else in this gallery!

just wanted to add that i got the design for the pin cushion from one that kitkabbit had made. hers are beautiful and are somewhere here on crafster.

thanks for the compliments Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitormiss
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007 06:07:12 AM »

I recieved last night!! All my stuff is wonderful and I'll post pictures soon.  For now, a list:
1. A black journal with a tree of yarn on the front and tree quotes randomly inside.  I love this journal!!
2. A twig box perfect for stashing little things.  It's made out of twigs and sticks that have been glued together.
3. Two handmade paper bookmarks with inkings of leaves on them.
4. A cloth bracelet in a cool green/stripey fabric.
5. A black bowl with a cherry tree painted in the bottom of it.  It is sooo pretty.
6. Two recycled hemp blank cards and envelopes with a tree trunk and leaves on the outside.  These look so nice.  The tree and leaves are (I think) stamped in paint (one black, one green) and it has a really great texture to it.  I don't think I'd ever be able to send them! Smiley

Thanks so much Shannon!! Everything is fabulous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My husband says I should cut back.
I tell him, it's better than a really bad drug problem.
gingembre
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007 08:35:54 AM »

Woohooo I have pictures from the great swap package that irish_chicky sent me! Cheesy Except for the great pillow she sent me Sad it was still at the office when my ex brought the camera over. It's home now...I will add the pic as soon as I can take one of it. Smiley

Meanwhile, the rest of the package:

A really nice ATC (my 3 year old loved the stars too, I think she was jealous LOL):

A really gorgeous wire tree diorama (actually the trunk is twine I think) This picture does not do it justice at all. I had to take it home for a photo, but I am taking it back to work to decorate my desk with posthaste! It's only about 5 inches tall btw!

And my absolute favorites, a bracelet and choker with beads and I think nut shell pieces, I love them sooooo much!

Action shot!!

Thank you irish_chicky!! My sewing machine is in working order again, so your package is coming along soon!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LJ
MySpace
Swap Partner Info
Just started a wist: (coming soon)

***Personal Swap Friendly!***
irish_chicky
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007 02:49:11 AM »

i'm glad you likes everything!! It was fun to craft for you! The beads on the bracelet are nut pieces lol
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roseye
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007 08:27:43 AM »

I've been keeping up with this thread b/c I love trees (and have minimal time to participate right now). Did any of you ever make trees out of brown paper lunch bags? You can put pennies in the bottom, tie rubber bands at the base (or string or whatever) and at different places and then cut/twist the top into tree branches. My best friend made me one for president's day and hung little paper heads of past presidents (cut from some sort of old-timey faux parchment scroll tourist thingy from DC) down from it, though I suppose you could hang anything, images, little gifts like earrings or something......GO TREE PEOPLE! GO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janeausten
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007 09:20:00 AM »

that sounds cool roseye. ill have to try it out. it might be a new craft i can try with the kids at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007 01:11:34 PM »

Here are all the great things I received from Nutella!
I'm tempted to keep the cards for me and not use them; too pretty! I love the leafy/sea weed looking one.

And some pretty boxes; how did you know of my dire need for storage? Cheesy

Can't decide on where to hang this; either the kitchen or the Hawaii bathroom.

Thank you so much Nutella! I love it all and am still totally jealous of your cool job. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 02:32:24 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitormiss
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007 03:35:00 PM »

There's all my goodies!!!
See privious post for list. Thanks again Shannon!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007 03:55:54 PM by knitormiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My husband says I should cut back.
I tell him, it's better than a really bad drug problem.
lamamarco

sewing IS love.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007 09:22:22 AM »

Wow you guys have been getting some great stuff!

I received from delayes_echo a few days ago and had to wait to take some decent photos... its been all foggy here!

Anyway onto the goodies....

She sent cards with gorgeous drawings on them and a names too! And matching envelopes!

Then she also sent little memo sheets and mini envelopes... they are origami envelopes! So cool! And a little note pad with drawing on both sides... there is a tree + bike and another tree on the other side!

Not pictured... a pin (on my bag) and a luggage tag (has my address on it)...

Thank you so much Irene, I love the little drawings and stationary! Plus the other goodies you sent are fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janeausten
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007 11:06:13 AM »

those drawings are great! Shocked  so much good stuff in this swap. i love that little wire tree diorama, and the painted plate, and palm tree painting...   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

delayes_echo
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007 04:47:39 PM »

I received from Lamamarco today! Look at the lovely items she made:

a crocheted scarf of a lovely green colour, a pouch with felt leaves sewn on one side, and cute buttons.

Aren't they beautiful? Thanks loads lamamarco!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lamamarco

sewing IS love.

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007 09:27:42 AM »

Glad you liked everything....

The scarf is "Branching Out" from Knitty and is actually knitted. Smiley I used Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.

Oh and I put the pins there just for shipping...

Here's a picture of the front of the pouch...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

delayes_echo
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007 04:30:35 AM »

Oh I don't know the difference between knitting and crocheting, but I love the scarf just the same! What is the difference between knitting and crocheting anyway?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristieb

Compulsive Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007 01:40:28 PM »

Oh I don't know the difference between knitting and crocheting, but I love the scarf just the same! What is the difference between knitting and crocheting anyway?

Crochet is done with a single hook. Knitting is done with 2 (or more) needles. The looping is a different so the finished fabric ends up looking different as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007 05:11:30 PM »

I recieved from my angel phizzychick today!!!
I wasnt even expecting it! it was awesome!!!

here's some pics of the stuff i recieved!

an awesome bracelet with a tree on it!

some cute tree notecards

two tree tags

my favorite bag ever!!! a felted orange and gree bag with a tree stiched on!

the inside of the bag

another awesome bark insipred bracelet

and lastly the card i was sent!!
I love it all, thank you sooo much phizzy, you are truely an angel!!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyPurl
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007 05:39:25 PM »

LOVE that felted bag.  It looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
Samsara

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007 12:29:55 AM »

That is an awesome angel package! Phizzychick always makes such lovely stuff! I love how all the trees co-ordinate  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007 10:09:53 AM »

Thanks, glad you liked it all! I should point out that I didn't make the bag myself though (I'm not that talented), I bought it. I did add the weird little felt tree to it though Wink
Hee hee, the tree bracelet is growing upside down! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2014 NYFW Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Miss USA Nia Sanchez LIVE
You’ll Never Guess The First Thing Miss USA Ate After Her Victory
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Pick Up This Purse Essential on Your Next Grocery Trip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...