A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
824 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Camo Evening Gown  (Read 5846 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007 04:10:19 PM »

The dress is really beautiful.  I love the camo netting -- it really gives the dress flair.  What did you do with it after the ball?

I still have it, I contemplated putting it on ebay and got the evil eye from the hubby in regards to that idea lol.  My daughter thinks that we should keep it until she's in HS so she can wear it to her first prom.  As a mom I don't like that she's looking that far ahead lol  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007 04:29:50 PM »

I'm an Army wife (and a vet) and I totally wish I had thought of that for our ball!  That is great!

kudos to you for your service and for your service as an Army Wife too.... This was our first ball (my husband only joined in 2 1/2 years ago but we've been married for 10) 

At the first FRG meeting I ever went to, I had offered to help the women in our unit with their dresses...and they chose to ignore me.  (literally ignore me as if I'd not made any offer at all) At least 6 of those 15 girls showed up wearing the same dress as someone else there.  For me, it was an extra special kind of unintentional revenge lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007 04:33:28 PM »

looks great i love it...(camo freak)...anyways cant wait to see more pictures you rocked that ball i bet and got alots of complaments

Huge Camo freak here too (even before the hubby joined the military) I see camo in the store and can't leave it there lol.  I tell my daughter 'its my favorite color' and she says mom its not a color, it's a print, and I argue with her to no end lol.  More than anything its fun to keep her on her toes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CelticCoyote
Crafting Crazy Celt

Real men wear kilts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007 04:34:27 PM »

Thanks to all you ladies who are vets, from an old Marine Corps vet.  Smiley

Just wanted to say that ladies/girls in camo will attract any guy.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CelticCoyote
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007 04:50:13 PM »

Awseome .. that dress is beautifull . what a great idea ... and I cant wait the see the next one ... also very cool that you even moded your shoes to match ... wonderfull job !

Thank you! I'm excited about the next one though my husband keeps giving me weird looks as though I'm crazy lol.  Wait, I am crazy so I guess he's justified Wink

I found this comic book type slinky shimmery fabric at Joann's in the bargin fabrics for $3.99 and I had a 50% off coupon so I bought it all lol.  Planning to do a long slim fitting cowl neck gown with high side slits and low plunging back The sparkle in the picture is in the fiber not glitter applied to it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

claustrophilia
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007 05:07:19 PM »

Your dress reminds me of this
[img]
John Galliano for Christian Dior, Spring 2001.

It's so pretty (I mean your dress Cheesy) I also love that it's so fitting... I mean, I think it's cool that the camo you wear has a story behind it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010 07:06:39 AM by claustrophilia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007 08:12:10 PM »

Your dress reminds me of this

John Galliano for Christian Dior, Spring 2001.

It's so pretty (I mean your dress Cheesy) I also love that it's so fitting... I mean, I think it's cool that the camo you wear has a story behind it.

I love this dress, Galliano is such a talented designer of course it helps that it is in camo  with red accents! 

I'll have to take some pictures of mine where one can actually see the colors in the bodice, if I remember right the pattern originally called for a zipper and a non stretch fabric, which is why I'd bought the camo I used on the shoes in the first place, but after considering it determined in the case of the evening gown less was really more.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elphelba
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007 08:30:29 PM »

That's a gorgeous dress. I was a little skeptical when I read the title (I'm from hickville) but it looks very classy and elegant. Great job for putting it together for so little money too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Avian Flight
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007 08:50:32 PM »

Your dress is amazing! You look so hot in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
micky_mouse
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007 08:56:42 PM »

looks great i love it...(camo freak)...anyways cant wait to see more pictures you rocked that ball i bet and got alots of complaments

Huge Camo freak here too (even before the hubby joined the military) I see camo in the store and can't leave it there lol.  I tell my daughter 'its my favorite color' and she says mom its not a color, it's a print, and I argue with her to no end lol.  More than anything its fun to keep her on her toes....
haha how old is your daughter...my mom loves camo to and its her favorite "color" and i say the same thing its  a pattern mom Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Owen West on Being an American Adviser to the Iraqi Army
Douglas Florian Reads His Poem Worker Bees
Dominque Moceanu Shares Her Olympic Memories
Dominique Moceanu on Her Autobiographic Novel "Off Balance"
Mothership Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...