A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting and Your Mental Health: A Creative Relationship  (Read 9216 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GlitterGirlJen
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007 07:09:38 AM »

Hi. Im new here. Your peice was very very good. I admit it even made me cry...because I know how it feels and its nice to know that Im not alone...even though I wouldnt wish anyone to feel this way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2007 07:57:06 PM »

*teary-eyed*

That was a wonderful piece of writing and it takes a lot to be able to put your feelings on paper, something that might be published!

Thank you for sharing!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2007 11:35:44 PM »

Oh wow!  Thanks so much everyone!  I really do appreciate the positive feedback!

It was nice to put pen to paper and get it out.  I as well am very appreciate to the communal environment of Craftster.  I was happy to fit in it, Craftster plays a pretty strong role in my life.  I just wanted the piece to be about the actual crafting and it's impact of my mental health.  Does that make sense?  It's really quite late for me right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rogue Butterfly
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2007 11:07:39 AM »

Wow this spoke to me so much.  I suffer from mild depression and only just yesterday I started out on what seemed like a very miserable day, so I called in sick and started crafting and by evening I was feeling happy and lighthearted, much more concerned over how dry the glue I'd just applied was than the small problems of life that had seemed so overwhelming just that morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linzo

yep, I'm holding a rooster

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2007 08:47:04 AM »

I really enjoyed your paper... I also wanted to thank you for bringing up this subject. I answered your ?'s awhile ago and I think that by doing that I was able to clairify somethings to myself.

I also am so thankful for craftster being such a positive place. Sometimes I browse around on other forums and am astonished at the lack of, well, respect. There are a lot of bashers out there and I am so glad I haven't seen that here. Makes me feel comfortable posting and sharing. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/linzo

...but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see...
- Neutral Milk Hotel
susankg53
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2007 10:03:12 AM »

I just found this thread and your paper is great. I didn't find it in time to answer to your questions. My eyes are damp, I don't know you but I know you. You have hit the nail on the head for me. I have done crafts my whole life. I feel best when I have crafts to work on. I have tried to teach the children in my life ( be they mine or just neighbor kids) to make things and be proud of your crafts.  Everyone keep on crafting, it does a body and a mind good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batty
weird kid

If no one was crafty life would be boring.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2007 02:19:27 PM »

I thuroughly enjoyed your paper! i think that through papers like this, people can discover new outlets for their emotions (like crafting) i highly encourage you to find a way to distribute this paper (once finished) to places where people who beed some crafty release would find it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

replies are so encouraged.... it's scary.
deviantart
wists
blog (it's new so there's not much at all on it)
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2007 09:02:07 AM »

Thank so much batty.  There's actually the possibility that the article will be published in an upcoming local publication.  I'm pretty excited about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2007 04:12:07 PM »

oh congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
mikemathew
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2008 10:15:20 PM »

If you are buying this book for someone else, be sure to get a copy for you own pleasure. It's a terrific little book. There are very personal thank you letters from the famous, giving us a glimpse inside their hearts: Groucho Marx responding to a sympathy letter after Harpo's death, and George Bush, Sr. thanking Goldie Hawn for not making him dance. This book shows how to reveal a little more of who you really are in evidence of your gratitude. In addition to dozens of historically interesting letters, there are useful examples inspired for current cultural trends. AND she includes email thank you etiquette--much needed and appreciated by me
==========================
mikemathew
West Virginia Drug Addiction
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Grill Fails Mashup
How to Cook Perfect Burgers
Heavenly Hush Puppies Recipe
Homemade Grilled Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...