A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hogwarts Houses Swap (Sign-ups closed; Send-out: 2/28/07)  (Read 16660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2007 09:45:15 AM »

where is everyone working that they are able to knit at work?... i find knitting at work inapporpriate. or rather knitting at my work...not ok...

i want to work somewhere where i can knit!!

The past two jobs I've had I can do crafts at work. The first was a secretary for a small local business. No customers came in there and there wasn't much to do. I did bring my dog sometimes. Now I work at a high school running the computer lab. If I don't have any students in the lab, I can do crafts or watch TV on a really sweet projector screen.

The downside is these jobs don't pay all that well. But they are great for me because I'm going to school and I usually do my homework during my down time at work.

itscute, maybe you could collaborate with someone about what's going on with your project. If you don't have anyone local to help you figure out what the problem is, send me or someone a PM and maybe we can figure it out together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2007 10:43:52 AM »

I craft at work...selectively.  I teach in a homeschool environment for four middle and high school aged gymnasts...we have school for about 3 hours a day.  Often, I try to actually lecture or have an experiment or something but a lot of the time, due to time constraints, they have to just do book work.  I usually just use the time to sketch ideas or do boring other stuff Id normally do at home (balance checkbook, plan menus, etc) so I can free up home time for crafts.  Fridays though are strictly book-work (one of the girls cant be there fridays) so I will frequently bring something to do Fridays as long as its small and reltively unobtrusive (a lot of the time its jewelry).

Luckily, a lot of the girls' moms craft as well, so its a craft-friendly environment, but Im still really careful about trying not to let it detract from the actual work of my work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2007 06:39:17 PM »

thanks, liebschien, for your  offer to help, it all really just not gaugeing and being unfamiliar with my yarn & a little bit of not paying attention to the pattern.  It's really just that sometimes i think i have more skills than i actually do.  like that saying, eyes are bigger than my stomach or something, but with knitting projects.

i think this fourth attempt is going quite well... so far.  I decided to tackle the smaller projects first to build my confidence, and then maybe the BIG one.  I should be able to finish the small one tonight...i kept putting it off yesterday...i was very distracted yesterday!

i guess having time to craft at work, and making enough to buy crafts is such a catch 22.  U just want to craft all the time, but if you did, you wouldn't be getting paid as much thus cutting down your crafting spending... do you think ladies who lunch likes to craft as much, or they lose the ability because they have to lunch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TreeTree
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2007 08:24:42 PM »

It's really just that sometimes i think i have more skills than i actually do.  like that saying, eyes are bigger than my stomach or something, but with knitting projects.

This may sound silly but honestly I think the only way anybody ever expands their skills is by reaching beyond their current skill level.  I tend to play it way way to safe.  I've been knitting for almost two years now and there's a ton of stuff I just never attempted.  Then I see people who have only knit 2 months attempting a sweater, or intarsia and I just feel so lazy, lol
Anyway, I'm glad your fourth attempt is going well.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007 08:26:34 PM by TreeTree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/Treetree/
My Space:   http://www.myspace.com/tareeree 

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
--Pablo Picasso
ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2007 06:10:08 AM »

I cant wait for another HP swap.. I just joined and i already love this site. How often do these take place?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2007 06:25:46 AM »

I cant wait for another HP swap.. I just joined and i already love this site. How often do these take place?

Welcome aboard! Harry Potter swaps happen all the time. You will have many opportunities to join the fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2007 06:33:57 AM »

i am worried about making things others would like. lol I would be horrified if i made something and someone hated it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
bubbledragon
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2007 07:59:47 AM »

I worry about making something someone else would like, too, especially if it's out of my "comfort zone."  Like... making something that I wouldn't necessarily use.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that while I might drift naturally to one craft or another, something else might be better received.

On the bright side, I am making progress on my smaller projects, and am going out at lunch today to pick up supplies for the larger one!  I have my idea all sketched out and time set aside on wednesday to get it started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2007 08:09:37 AM »

Well i am really just starting. I usually paint thing,crochet a little,make pillows, use the plastor of Paris and thing like that. I just started on a new project.. its a wand from the HP books/movies. I really do wanna try a swap, doesnt have to be HP, but it just seems like fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2007 08:20:56 AM »

thanks, liebschien, for your  offer to help, it all really just not gaugeing and being unfamiliar with my yarn & a little bit of not paying attention to the pattern.  It's really just that sometimes i think i have more skills than i actually do.  like that saying, eyes are bigger than my stomach or something, but with knitting projects.

Don't worry ... I've had a similar problem starting one of my projects for liebschien. I'm not sure yet if the yarn I'm using is right, but it's finally catching on and it doesn't look terrible. I think I just need to chart out the pattern repeat and then it will be fine.

Anyway, hope you're all having a better Monday than I. Our boss decided to change the locks over the weekend and now noone gets new keys. Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use the Modes on Your dSLR
Learn about Reciprocity
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 1
How to use the AV Mode on Your dSLR
Learn about Depth of Field
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...