Swap name: Hogwarts Houses Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: fyberduck
Sign-up date range: 1/15/07 - 1/30/07
Date to send item by: 2/28/07
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? Or 18+? 18+ preferred
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YESO
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YESAdditional Rules (totally borrowed from Miss Violacious):
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
3. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
- Great Swapper: For those who follow all the rules.
- Good/poor communication: Went above and beyond or below and within the call of duty to keep the organizer informed.
- Sent late/early: Three or more days late or early.
- No dc number: Failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country.
- Didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- Didn't send within the guidelines of the swap: Didn't send enough items, sent too many store bought items instead of handcrafted, or clearly didn't put in enough effort. Borderline cases won't get this feedback, so if you look at the other galleries and read the guidelines you'll be fine.
4. Lateness is okay, shit happens, but sending more than a few days late will risk a feedback notation, and not being communicative with myself and your partner will risk a poor communication note.
5. Send unto others as you would have them send unto you. Do some research on your partner. Check post history, signature, and profile links for little details that will help personalize your package. It's like picking out the perfect present for someone, and it's lots of fun!
6. Everyone who is sending a package within the boundaries of their own country is obligated to use a delivery confirmation number. This is for your own protection, and it's Craftster's rule, not mine. If your country makes it prohibitively expensive to use delivery confirmation or tracking, even when sending packages domestically, PM me and get permission not to use it. Otherwise, if you aren't shipping across borders and you don't use one, it will be noted in your feedback. If you are excused from using one, you must save your receipt from the post office.
7. It's a damned good idea to take a picture of your package before you send it.
8. PM me and your partner with your DC number when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and thank your partner. Post pictures in the gallery within a reasonable time afterwards.
9. I am a complete and total hardass about posting pictures of what you receive if at all possible. If you don't have a digital camera, you can still join the swap, just make sure your partner knows about the lack of picture taking ability early on, so that they can take all the pictures they want as they go. I've discussed my feelings on the importance of swap package photos here. Swappers who don't post photos and don't sufficiently communicate about not doing so will have that reflected in their feedback.
Details of swap:
The Sorting Hat
has placed you in your House and, in display of inter-House unity, we're having a Hogwarts Houses Swap! Witches and Wizards will be expected to craft at least
1 large item (6 - 8+ hours) and 1 - 2 smaller items (2 - 4 hours each) for their partners. You partner will NOT be from your House, so plan on crafting for a Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Gryffindor if YOU are a Slytherin (etc etc).
Ideas for large swap items include: knit House scarves or gloves, t-shirts with the House crests, House school bags, etc.
Small items: jewelry, stitch markers, key chains, journals, etc.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Do you have a digital camera, or some other means of posting pictures?
SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
What House are you in?
What items can you craft?
What items would you like to recieve? (Please include relevant measurements if you'd like a t-shirt, wrist warmers, or scarf)
Do you have a wist?
Do you have a blog?
Do you prefer the books or the movies?
Anything else you'd like to include?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
PARTNERS:green = has sentblue = has receivedpurple = has sent and receivedrun = running late w/o communication
* = participant has received an extensionchasing_cars
<- jamesdean (swap angel)rockmygypsysoul
is now up!