A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: All Year Christmas Craft-a-Long 2007  (Read 5870 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stoliedina
« on: January 14, 2007 03:08:14 PM »

Hi all,

This idea originated with Tappanga http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19998.0. I have tried to contact her regarding continuing this into 2007, but I have not heard back. The last time she posted on Craftster was in early December. I hope all is well with her but I just wanted to start a 2007 thread because I'd like to see this idea continued!

(Copy and pasted text below)

These were the themes for 2006:

Jan: Ornaments
Feb: Sewn gifts
Mar: Jewelry/Book thongs
Apr: Magnets
May: Candles
Jun: Stencil/Iron-on
Jul: Craft kits
Aug: Decoupage
Sep: Scarves/hats
Oct: Soap
Nov: Gift wrap/Bows/Tags
Dec: Food gifts

This is an unswap! Keep everything you make for gifts at Christmas. Sign up at any point that you'd like. If you don't want to do whatever craft is assigned to a month, feel free to subsititue with another craft. The main point is to keep crafting and making gifts to avoid the malls as much as possible at Christmas time.

Anyone who wants to join the Craftalong Unswap, email tap_panga-subscribe@yahoogroups.com . Thanks!
Don't just post here that you'd like to join with your email address, because I probably won't see it (sorry but it's honest).

Also, feel free to post here any questions you have about a craft, or pictures of your finished crafts so we can oooh and aaaah.

(End of copy and pasted text)

I think it would be fun if we came up with a few new craft themes this year - I'm all for handmade stuffed toys. Anyone else have suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
papermuse
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007 08:59:47 AM »

I love this idea and have just signed up!

Some ideas for craft themes:
- bath/beauty products (not just soap)
- handmade notebooks/journals
- Xmas cards
- stationery sets
- home/office decor (switchplates, picture frames, bulletin boards, etc.)

I'd love for us to be able to share tutorials at the beginning of each month, especially for crafty areas that I'm not so familiar with...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roonika
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007 08:37:15 AM »

I also signed up!

Papermuse, I love all your suggestions. Especially xmas cards and stationary sets.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007 09:32:07 AM »

i'll "officially" sign up when i get home. no access to email at work.

is there going to be a modification of the "master list" or are we going to work right from it??

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007 09:34:31 AM »

This sounds fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
arabella
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007 06:35:36 PM »

yes!  I already started.  here's one ornament - a crocheted snowflake.  I want to do a bunch to use as present toppers, so I haven't stiffened it yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stoliedina
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007 08:32:24 PM »

Yay! Finally a few people responded Smiley Instead of modifications to the "master list" since I don't want to stray too far from the original idea in case Tappanga resurfaces...how about we have a wildcard month. Say one of the categories has a craft that you truly have no desire to take up/don't have the supplies/loathe, etc. We can come up with our own categories on said month and post about it here. It would be lovely if we could identify those posts saying, hey this is my wildcard category and so on. What do you all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007 06:40:41 AM »

wild card sounds good, because there are some things i don't know how to do... then again, it could be the excuse to try something new.

i started last night. my dson and i got out the glass ornaments i got on clearance right after christmas and we started painting the insides with acrylic paints. they need a second "coat", so i'll post pictures when they're all done.

ps. my son had such a great time!!! i felt it was a blessing to spend that time with him... without him wanting to play video games (he's almost 12 )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
harpersr
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007 08:23:24 AM »

New craftster here!
This sounds great.  Going to register now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stoliedina
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007 08:40:36 PM »

My ornaments are definitely going to be LATE! Ha! I swear I think I have the post holiday blahs - I have not felt creative all month. I think I'm going to hop to it tomorrow though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Pictures of Food
How to Set Up a Home-Based Photo Studio
Studio Light Set Up For a White Background
Studio Lighting Techniques
How to Choose the Right Studio Lights
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...