A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
347 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who's in Asheville???  (Read 9379 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008 07:54:22 PM »

I'm in Asheville too, and I'm pretty sure there are others who just don't look at this forum. Smiley I do lots of stuff: crochet, knit, bead, sew, macrame, bunches more. I've been in Asheville for seven years now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008 02:49:18 PM »

I'm moving to Asheville at the end of the month and would love to meet some crafty people! Post if you're still interested in getting together and I'll host!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008 02:14:13 PM »

I have moved to Salisbury, NC.  Currently I stay pretty broke, but I do have my beads.  I am interested in starting a craft co-op for people who craft to sell what they create, share their knowledge, and just get together to visit.  I have an appointment to meet a gentleman on the 8th of july to find out what all would be entailed.  I think it would be a neat adventure, but I am scared to death because I am unsure of how to get it going, what all it would entail and I still have about 2.5 years of school to get my BA.  If anyone has any clues, I would love to hear them and share ideas.  Salisbury does'nt have any craft stores or any place for that....perhaps I should uproot and move towards asheville......sounds like lots of folks there have crafty minds and fingers.  I need to figure out a way to start something to make some cash....I hate being broke.  I also think could share ideas with youth, and give an outlet to share our own frustrations.  Looking forward to meeting all of ya'll sometime soon.  Will keep you posted on what I learn about starting such an adventure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008 08:16:20 PM »

I have moved to Salisbury, NC.  Currently I stay pretty broke, but I do have my beads.  I am interested in starting a craft co-op for people who craft to sell what they create, share their knowledge, and just get together to visit.  I have an appointment to meet a gentleman on the 8th of july to find out what all would be entailed.  I think it would be a neat adventure, but I am scared to death because I am unsure of how to get it going, what all it would entail and I still have about 2.5 years of school to get my BA.  If anyone has any clues, I would love to hear them and share ideas.  Salisbury does'nt have any craft stores or any place for that....perhaps I should uproot and move towards asheville......sounds like lots of folks there have crafty minds and fingers.  I need to figure out a way to start something to make some cash....I hate being broke.  I also think could share ideas with youth, and give an outlet to share our own frustrations.  Looking forward to meeting all of ya'll sometime soon.  Will keep you posted on what I learn about starting such an adventure.
You should really go talk to the people who started Dogwood Crafters, in Dillsboro. It's a craft co-op, just like what you describe. I was a member for a short time, until I began working full-time and had to cut back on crafting. They really have their act together. They began from scratch, and some of the old-timers are still there that you could talk to. http://www.dogwoodcrafters.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mscynical81
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008 02:28:08 AM »

Hi,

I'm an transplant from Connecticut, been in Asheville almost a year and a half ...finding it very hard to make friends. Right now i'm somewhat of a hermit ..I find Asheville is an awesome place for artists and I have visited many of the galleries here ..but I often do so alone ..which I don't mind ..but it would be great to find someone with common interests.

I am mainly a crocheter, but I also bead, dabble in polymer clay and do abstract painting.

I think forming a group would be nice, it would give fellow crafters/transplants a way to connect and enjoy a great social atmosphere.

Hopefully others will be on board for starting a local group ..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katiebelle
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008 09:17:44 PM »

I'm in West Asheville. I'm a very novice sewer, but would love to meet up with like minded people for a beer and a chat if anyone is up for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IthinkIcan
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008 06:29:29 AM »

I am in Black Mountain, just a few miles out of Asheville Smiley I have lived down here from Long Island for 21 years. Just started crafting in the past few months. I like fabric dyeing and painting. I think I will drag the sewing machine back out (again) and actually fininsh something I start...
Feel free to contact me any time
Laurie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vulvaline
Jane of all trades, mastress of a couple.

pottymouf extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009 08:33:16 PM »

Hi, I'm in Asheville!  I've been here about 2.5 years and am full on in love with it.  I'm a crafter/artist of the ADD genus.  I'll try anything multiple times just to get the gist of it, and continue working with the materials that spark me.

The staples of my life are resin, fabric, yarn, glass, metal, wax...

Love crafting in groups and even have a decent studio that can accommodate several people at once.  Long live collaboration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ve get too soon oldt, undt too late ve get schmardt.
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009 08:11:36 AM »

I am currently living in Charlotte as are several other people on this forum.  But my fiancee lives in Cullowhee and I make trips to Cullowhee/Asheville all the time to see him.  I graduated from Western Carolina almost three years ago.  I would love to be part of a craft group.  I crochet more than anything else.  But I can sew and cross-stitch as well.  One of my goals sometime soon is to practice my knitting.  I would love to meet up with some folks and share our craftiness one weekend! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathchicken
Once upon a time, there was a girl. The end.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009 06:20:07 AM »

Hi all!
I'm a newbie lurker and I just moved back to the Asheville area (Lake Lure/Mill Spring) from Salisbury (*shudder*). I've lived in this area for something like 8 years in total, in between brief sojourns in Chapel Hill for grad school and Salisbury for a job, and believe you me, it is heaven coming back again. There's *gasp* a Michael's, and *double gasp* craft stores! Amazing!

Anyway, I'm a crafty dilettante-- I've tried fine arts, crochet, knitting, decoupage, collage, jewelry-making, embroidery, quilting, mixed media like altered Altoid tins, etc. etc. etc. I really enjoy learning new things, so I tend to get, uh, sidetracked a bit. Right now, I'm still on a quilting/embroidery kick and have been for a few years now. I'm working on my first real, honest-to-god quilt and maybe in another few years I'll actually finish it.  Wink

Good to know there are a few other crafty-minded peoples not too far away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I secretly want to be a ninja. With sparkly fairy wings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress If You Have An “Apple” Shape
Grunge Fashion Trends
Louis Vuitton Resort 2014 Collection Revealed
Miley Cyrus Vs. Taylor Swift: Rocker Vs. Chic Fashion
The Vera Wang Dress Code
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...